Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 02:05 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2008, 03:05 AM #1 of 201
Short Term Diary - Between Timid and Timbuktu
Year: 2002
Label: Heel Turn Media
Genre: Acoustic / Emo

01. Lonely Song
02. Same Sentence, Different Words
03. A Walking Advert for Straight Edge
04. The Same Night in April
05. Vincent Vega
06. Bedford Falls
07. Reprise
08. An After Thought

One man, his voice, an acoustic guitar and some significant songwriting chops. Yes, this is "emo," (aka "lol music for pussies") which will no doubt turn some people off, but seriously, this is good music. Worth checking out. Melancholic and heartfelt without descending into any sort of self-pity or whinging. I didn't think I'd enjoy this, but I do. Immensely. Grows on me with every listen.

An album for one of those nights. Or days, even.

Spoiler:
"This album should come with the kind of public health notice you find on packets of cigarettes. Warning: This record could break your heart. Do not use if your kitten has recently been run over/you've been dumped/you think sparse acoustic dribbling is for wussies. Short Term Diary is Grand Union singer Dave Cullern's new project and its almost too personal tp bear listening to. If it was drowned out by any amount of noise, chaos and rage it might be easier, but these songs are stripped down to one man's voice accompanied by his gentle, acoustic, folky guitar and nothing else. It's easy to sneer at this type of music for being so simple and traditional. But in terms of intensity this is equally as hard to listen to as the more traditional wall of noise - KKKK"

DOWNLOAD

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 04:37 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2008, 05:37 PM 1 #2 of 201
Dev/Null - Lazer Thrash
Year: 2007
Label: Cock Rock Disco
Genre: Digital Hardcore / Breakcore

1. Hiphop2
2. Alien Washcloth Tumor
3. Real Ultimate Power
4. Goblin
5. Symphonies of Suckness
6. I'd Rather Mainline Preperation H Than Listen to Your Shitty, Shitty Music
7. Track 7
8. Christmas Themed Horror Movie from the 80's
9. Old Extra-Wanky Break Thing
10. Hello Japan!!
11. Banal Universe
12. Bolt Thrower in a Chinese Restaurant

Prepare to have your brain mashed to bits. This album is a mass of beats chopped up, sped up, re-arranged, rewound and, well, fucked with. The amount of complexity in some of the loops is pretty mind-boggling and certainly very, very impressive. However, no, it's not 42 minutes of pure drum-based noise. Oh no. There's a sort of playful melodic thread running through the entire album, from wonderful 8-bit/chiptune-esque synthwork to epic string backings and even some horror movie-esque vibes. Another quality release from Cock Rock Disco.

DOWNLOAD

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; Aug 22, 2008 at 04:47 AM.
Schadenfreude
grave danger

Member 819

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2009, 03:53 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2009, 04:53 AM 1 #3 of 201
Bohren & der Club of Gore - Black Earth
Year: 2002
Label: Wonder
Genre: ...Doom Jazz?

1. Midnight Black Earth
2. Crimson Ways
3. Maximum Black
4. Vigilante Crusade
5. Destroying Angels
6. Grave Wisdom
7. Constant Fear
8. Skeletal Remains
9. The Art of Coffins

Imagine lounge-ish jazz being played at doom metal tempos (tempi?), complete with doom metal's somewhat characteristic love of bass. Or just download this instead. Slow, (sometimes) heavy, mysterious, noir-ish and oh so very, very good. Music for dark city streets, steamy sewer gates and those lonely nights. Anyone seen Eli, Eli Lema Sabachthani? You know the opening scene? Yeah. This album. That scene. Perfect.

Imagine Khanate, sans Alan Dubin, as a jazz band: O'Malley on mellotron/rhodes/piano and Plotkin on sax. Or the other way around.

DOWNLOAD

Will upload their '08 album soon-ish.

And, oh yeah, hi GFF!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™