Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™
Closed Thread

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:19 PM #1 of 201
Benga - Diary of An Afro Warrior
Year: 2008
Label: Tempa
Genre: Dubstep

1. Zero M2
2. Night
3. B4 The Dual
4. E Trips
5. Someone 20
6. Light Bulb
7. Crunked Up
8. Go Tell Them
9. The Cut
10. Emotions
11. 3 Minutes
12. Pleasure
13. 26 Basslines
14. Loose Synths
.................................................. .....................................

Smooth soulful dubstep, not that overuse of wobble you'll find permeates most of the genre tracks. This, much like Burial's "Untrue" is best describe as headphone music. That is, music meant for those deep dark recesses in your skull or, you know, a dark dungeon of a club. Just be sure to listen to it in the dark.

GIVE YOU PLEASURE

Spoiler:
Been meaning to contribute to this thread for awhile so why not with a genre I've finally sunk my teeth into, dubstep.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:11 AM #2 of 201
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Year: 1991
Label: Virgin Records
Genre: Trip-Hop

1. Safe From Harm
2. One Love
3. Blue Lines
4. Be Thankful For What You've Got
5. Five Man Army
6. Unfinished Sympathy
7. Daydreaming
8. Lately
9. Hymn of The Big Wheel

------------
I'm sure most know/have heard Massive Attack's "Mezzanine" which is quite easily the best trip-hop downtempo album not by Portishead. Their debut tends to get a lot less love. It's not as dark as Mezzanine but their trip hop are a lot more apparent here. It's just as smooth and easy going as anything they've every done. I'm terrible at writing these things so here's what Daddy G had to say about recording the album:

Quote:
We were lazy Bristol twats. It was Neneh Cherry who kicked our arses and got us in the studio. We recorded a lot at her house, in her baby's room. It stank for months and eventually we found a dirty nappy behind a radiator. I was still DJing, but what we were trying to do was create dance music for the head, rather than the feet. I think it's our freshest album, we were at our strongest then.
I take a small step/ Now it's a giant stride/ People say I'm loud/ Why should I hide?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™