Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 02:40 PM #276 of 609
Originally Posted by Flara
I can't wait til UVERworld's SHAMROCK release on August 1... I'm too lazy to translate the description and romanize the song titles lolz... the kanji actually scares me...
1. SHAMROCK
2. Boku ni Kasanatte Kuru Ima
3. =

There, that wasn't so hard. Heh.

The description doesn't really seem too exciting. Blah blah blah tour encore blah blah blah summer killer tune blah blah balh Dandori.~Dance Drill~ theme song blah blah blah...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:08 PM #277 of 609
lol thanks

wait wait.. what tour encore???

I was speaking idiomatically.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 09:19 PM #278 of 609
Originally Posted by Flara
lol thanks

wait wait.. what tour encore???
I think it says that SHAMROCK was performed as an encore on their tour, but I'm not sure. I'm probably wrong.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:48 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 12:48 PM #279 of 609
#aznmp3 has finally released "THE BEST OF Heartsdales: THE LEGEND" via torrent. It turned out great. Its the only album that contains their latest and last single together, "FOXY LADY". Which includes the songs FOXY LADY and STAY.

Check it out here.

THE BEST OF Heartsdales: THE LEGEND

FELIPE NO
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:18 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2006, 07:18 PM #280 of 609
The new m-flo album "m-flo inside -Works Best II-" came out on the 26th and its quite a treat. Of course, being a die-hard fan, I might be a little biased, haha.

Unfortunately, it's not too heavy on new music (other than "Lotta Love" which has m-flo loves MINMI), but it does act as a handy central location for a lot of music that might have been released in single form, or from other people's albums. Even I can't admit to having heard all the songs on the first disc, since the headliners for some of them wasn't m-flo (or VERBAL). But, every song on the first disc has m-flo involvement in some way, be it a direct "loves" connection, VERBAL doing his trademark rapping, or something even looser, like a production credit (which is how Halcali's "Baby Blue" ended up on the disc, despite no audible m-flo involvement). In the end, the first disc comes off just like their other albums, great and diverse music.

I wholly recommend "Can't stop lovin' you" from Black Bottom Brass Band with VERBAL and Emi Hinouchi (although Emi's involvement is limited in this song). Most people probably missed the initial release (late 2005 I believe) but thankfully it's included here.

The second disc is a non-stop mix of a bunch of m-flo songs, a lot of them coming from before the "loves" phase. This means you'll hear a lot of LISA. If you're a relatively new fan to m-flo, I suggest giving the mix a listen, you'll hear a lot of good stuff. However, if you've heard it before, there's not that much of a difference from the old songs that you're used to, but some of the bridges between tracks are interesting. It's a well done non-stop mix, it just don't really including anything new.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:52 PM #281 of 609
Since Rollins beat me to the punch for the m-flo album, I'll just comment on Ryohei's new single, the LIGHT. At first listen, I didn't really like the title track. The music is comparatively pop-ish and sounds rather average to me. A lot of Ryohei's stuff has a tendency to grow on me, so the story might be different down the road.

However, I really liked the B-side, Like This. It's somewhat downtempo and catchy. Maybe it's because I've had a tendency to like B-sides more lately...

But then the the LIGHT PV looks like shit. I can pull off those effects. @_@

How ya doing, buddy?
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:19 PM #282 of 609

Any fans of YUI here? I've been listening to her album all day, really liking her voice. She's relatively new, only popularly known in Japan at the present time.

I've been trying to find a torrent of the movie "Taiyou no Uta" (A Song to the Sun) for the good of the day too. YUI stars as the lead female actress in this title. Gah...time to continue looking!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Dyesan; Jul 29, 2006 at 10:25 PM.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 03:46 PM #283 of 609
Whoa, YUI is in a movie? I love her music, and it would be interesting to see her act.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:38 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 10:38 AM #284 of 609
Originally Posted by vemp
Whoa, YUI is in a movie? I love her music, and it would be interesting to see her act.
It's really very good. I enjoyed it a lot in comparison to the drama version of the movie. Sawajiri Erika doesn't seem to play off Amane Kaoru very believably at all.

Besides, YUI is a better singer than she is.

Captain Pringle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10424

Level 1.00

Jul 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 05:05 PM #285 of 609
Originally Posted by Rollins
The new m-flo album "m-flo inside -Works Best II-" came out on the 26th and its quite a treat....
After listening through WORKS BEST II once, I actually decided not to buy it. Not that it's not awesome, but like you said, there's a lack of new music, and this J-Pop stuff gets expensive, so I have to be a little picky. ^_^ But listening to it did motivate me to pick up their first album, Planet Shining (i already have EXPO EXPO, ASTROMANTIC, and BEAT SPACE NINE), and buy some other assorted m-flo songs on iTunes Japan (Lotta Love, the original version of Summer Time Love, and their early single Mirrorball 2012... and I'll probably be buying up some more of their B-sides soon).

The one song I painfully miss from not buying WORKS BEST II, though, is Can't Stop Lovin' You (BBBB feat. Emi & Verbal). It's not on iTunes anywhere, and I'm not at all a big enough BBBB fan to go buy that album, so for now I'm stuck without it. It's so catchy and different though! But I couldn't justify spending $27 just for that one song, so... I'll live. :P

But anyway, m-flo has been becoming more and more my favorite artist, (especially now that Do As Infinity has disbanded). Sticking m-flo's 4 albums together on shuffle is an experience unlike any other... the genre hopping is mind-blowing, and it keeps their music from ever getting old. I hope their 2007 album keeps things original with the "m-flo loves...". I think ASTROMANTIC did a lot better job at keeping things fresh than BS9 did. The latter had pretty good variety, but nothing as far out there as Uchuu no Woah Woah (with BBBB) or Cosmic Night Run (with Nomiya Maki & CKB) or the classy Life Is Beautiful (with DOUBLE and TOKU). Anyway, I'm interested to see who they'll love on next. =)

oh man, I haven't been to GFF in forever... ^_^;

Most amazing jew boots
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 07:16 PM #286 of 609
One of the links in the topic post no longer works:

http://bunko.theppn.org/

I checked out the DC hub as well as the IRC channel and found both to be... kind of lacking. I don't relish the prospect of digging through Winny again, so is there some other place where people get somewhat older releases (like 3-4 years ago)?

In particular I am looking for Changin' My Life albums and some The Scanty stuff, I guess. The intrepid poster will be able to tell what the relation is.

Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:02 PM #287 of 609
Originally Posted by Sakabadger
One of the links in the topic post no longer works:

http://bunko.theppn.org/
Hah! Yeah, we closed shop temporarily around February or March of 2005...but that then became indefinitely. :/

I believe that people are primarily using Jpopsuki as a tracker nowadays.

Quote:
In particular I am looking for Changin' My Life albums and some The Scanty stuff, I guess. The intrepid poster will be able to tell what the relation is.
Any albums or singles in particular?

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 08:52 PM #288 of 609
If you're familiar with the series Full Moon wo Sagashite, then you know that myco/Changin' My Life and The Scanty did some work on it. Specifically:

Changin' My Life - Myself [TOCT-4356]
Changin' My Life - Eternal Snow [TOCT-4431]
Changin' My Life - Etrange/Love Chronicle [TOCT-4451]

The Scanty - I Love U [TOCT-4396]
The Scanty - Koibana [TOCT-4418]

I'm also interested in:

Changin' My Life - Caravan [TOCT-24973]

But only because the last track is an acoustic version of "Myself".

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:57 PM #289 of 609
Sakabadger: Okay, I will contact you through PMs or on IRC if I find anything. We'll just let this be the end of that (since we should probably keep request-related posts off this thread).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 01:59 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 11:59 PM #290 of 609
Not sure how much people here know about the following topic, but I figure I should give it a shot.

Does anyone here know how to look information on upcoming Japanese concerts (I mean, beside looking through the various websites of ticket places)? And maybe more importantly, how to procure tickets? Yeah, you can probably do so through some of those websites, but I'm not up for an adventure in Japanese just yet sadly. (Although I guess I could engage some friends while I'm in Japan)

Also, does anyone know anything about places that actually sell tickets for a variety of shows? (Kind of like a Japanese ticketmaster) I know I've seen a couple places like that in Tokyo (Shibuya, I think) but I'm wondering how the prices are for those kind of places (if they're scalped or something).

Hoping someone can lend some insight. I'm heading out to Japan in about 2 weeks and I'd like to see a concert while I'm there. I asked a friend about Namie Amuro's tour, but apparently they're sold out. Still holding out hope for a ticket though (through those aforementioned ticket shops).

Thanks!

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
kouri
*sighhh*

Member 2025

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 07:39 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 10:39 PM #291 of 609
Currently going crazy with Honey & Clover insert songs

namely songs by Skitz

and now desperately trying to find their new song mahou no kotoba

wahhhhh~~

Nice

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 08:59 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 09:59 PM #292 of 609
anyone know when Sayaka would release a new one?

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 07:38 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 05:38 PM #293 of 609
Originally Posted by kouri
Currently going crazy with Honey & Clover insert songs

namely songs by Skitz

and now desperately trying to find their new song mahou no kotoba

wahhhhh~~

Nice
I guess you might have better luck if you spelled their name correctly -- it's Spitz (or スピッツ if you are so inclined).

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:36 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 10:36 AM #294 of 609
Originally Posted by Hiro
Yes, I do know of AIR. The opening, insert, and ending tracks are all sung by Lia and the music is composed by I'VE. I don't follow Lia, so am unsure as to what activities' she's been up to, if any, but that's not to say that any of the three tracks she sang for AIR was poor, in fact, they were all excellent in my opinion.
Actually, the songs from AIR were composed by KEY artists (Shinji Orito, Jun Maeda and Magome Togoshi). Kazuya Takase from I've did the mix and recording (for the OP/ED only), so it has that I've style.

Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:19 PM #295 of 609
Originally Posted by Bigblah
Actually, the songs from AIR were composed by KEY artists (Shinji Orito, Jun Maeda and Magome Togoshi). Kazuya Takase from I've did the mix and recording (for the OP/ED only), so it has that I've style.
Is that so? My mistake.

FELIPE NO
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 09:11 AM #296 of 609
New Every Little Thing album just released on the 9th! Man, gotta get this one. I heard they kind of changed their music style... I hope it just got better.

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 10:55 PM #297 of 609
Does anyone hear have Yuna Ito songs? I'm looking for some. p2p let me down >.<

Jam it back in, in the dark.
***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:57 PM #298 of 609
Has anyone heard of eufonius? eufonius did the Noein opening, but I actually knew about them before I watched the series. Great Jpop, it gives me a feel of a show I watched a long time ago but I can't remember what. Their sound is very familiar but I can't remember where from.

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:01 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 10:01 PM #299 of 609
Originally Posted by Chyna~Girl
Does anyone hear have Yuna Ito songs? I'm looking for some. p2p let me down >.<
http://soulsteelgray.wordpress.com/t...ring-yuna-ito/
http://soulsteelgray.wordpress.com/tag/yuna-ito/

Go wild.

Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 12:20 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 12:20 AM #300 of 609
Thanks. Speeking of Yuna, do you know much about the movie Limit of Love? She sung Precious for it.

***Leaving for Japan MAY 16***

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)