Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Anime/Manga purchases

Van
CYBERSIX

Member 1454

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:17 PM #26 of 196
Finally managed to get out and grab Whisper of the Heart today. It's my favorite Ghibli film, unquestionably, and I'm so happy to have it on DVD. Grabbed the new release of Totoro too while I was at it. Next on my list is to start whittling away at SAC 2nd Gig.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:51 PM #27 of 196
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I'm waiting on boxsets of Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu to arrive this week. I've seen Samurai Champloo run its course on Adult Swim, but I'm really looking forward to watching Fumoffu.
The video quality of the Fumoffu R1s leaves a lot to be desired. I was very disappointed with the transfer.

How ya doing, buddy?

ChibiSaysMew
Boo! I'm a ninja.

Member 3385

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:23 PM #28 of 196
Hmm, let's see.. my latest purchases? Well, I'm really getting into the Gamerz Heaven manga (although a friend of mine said it looked childish *shrugs*). I unfortunately haven't really purchased any anime recently, for I am poor and must rely on the kindness of strangers (aka: the kind souls who rip and torrent their anime). My most recent downloads were Yami no Matsuei (Descendants Of Darkness) in its entirety (only 13 episodes) and Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (26 episodes). If I had money to spare, I'd totally be buying my anime, but the only anime I actually own in DVD form at the moment are the three volumes of FLCL.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shelter me, oh, genius words
Just give me strength
Just to pen these things
And give me peace to well her wings
And, oh, carry on, all you minstrels of the world
We will catch our ladies' ear
We will win for us the girl

Image © Yoko Matsushita.
Manip © Me, oh yeah.
sayewonn
Wark!

Member 4005

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 09:20 PM #29 of 196
King of Hell Volume 12 - I look forward to new releases of this all the time. Odd in that I prefer more serious series, but this is one of the few that straddles the line and doesn't get on my nerves.

Rebirth Volume 12 - I started slacking on this and have fallen behind. At first I didn't like the flashback story, but it grew on me. I wonder why more people don't read this.

Death Note Volume 4 - I love this series so much, I have to resist the temptation to download later chapters to find out what happens later on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 07:39 PM #30 of 196
Today I checked for remains in Suncoast. Not much left there, but I was able to find a

"Ghost in the Shell Official Log 1" and the book is amazing! It comes with a Analysis/Interview DVD and looks cool.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:13 AM #31 of 196
My most recent anime purchases this year have been very limited, though I intend to embellish more on my Trigun collection when I have a steady form of income.

Meanwhile, Gankutsuo: volume 1 & 2 are my two present anime purchases. It's a fairly new series, and as it comes out with more DVD's, I do want to finish it.

I don't think I'll be making anymore anime purchases after that, unless they come out with a DVD collection of One Piece that isn't completely bastardized, because that is another series that I'm particularly interested in.

And, for old times sake, I wouldn't mind getting some DBZ dvd's as well... And the first season of Pokemon, teehee.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 03:15 PM #32 of 196
I finally got around to buying some DVDs I've been wanting for a while. First, I was finally able to find the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Collection at a store, which is fucking awesome since I thought I was going to have to order it online. But lo and behold, the new Best Buy in town had it, and for only $58. Second, I finally got Gantz volume 10, which I could never find when I actually had any money. Now I can finally finish up this series, making it only the second series that I've managed to collect all the single volumes of (Gungrave being the first).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:31 PM #33 of 196
I finally got in my copy of Flame of Recca volume 17, manga of course. Another excellent read and provides the first few chapters of what I presume to be the last story arc.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 05:37 PM #34 of 196
I recently went out and bought Rurouni Kenshin: Volume 18, since I wanted to see what really happened after the Kyoto arc.

I was also thinking about picking up the Monster manga after watching the anime, but I decided against it, as I wanted to save the money to finish up Kenshin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 06:48 PM #35 of 196
Picked up four things today: Vampire Hunter D novels 2 and 3, and Rurouni Kenshin volumes 18 and 19. I'm trying to collect all the Vampire Hunter D novels (when they're released), even though I haven't read one yet (I know they'll be good, since the movies are). I got Kenshin in anticipation of getting the second season on DVD, which I hope to do soon. Just like elwe, I want to see what's really supposed to happen after the Kyoto arc. I was gonna get volume 20 as well, but decided to get hold off on it (and the rest of the volumes) for now.

Most amazing jew boots
Pyocola
Dried Goby

Member 2248

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 09:30 PM #36 of 196
Finally decided to order the 'Patlabor the Movie Limited Edition' for... well, a shitload of money. My wallet is hurting but I'm telling myself it'll be worth it when I have the sleek box and awesome books in my hands. Unless of course the box comes mashed or dented, in which case there will most likely be hell to pay.

Also got Totoro in the mail just now. Never seen it before (saved it for DVD) and with its reputation, I'm really looking forward to watching it soon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
King-X
Lost in Music

Member 5096

Level 1.47

Apr 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 04:08 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 10:08 PM #37 of 196
I had never heard of Chrono Crusade but during my search for animé wallpapers I came across some Chrono Crusade ones. I liked the art so when someone said on a forum about how they now have the entire series I figured I'd go pick up the first two volumes. I evidently got hooked enough to buy the third volume within a week of that. The story was picking up from there and I wanted the rest but considering my local Virgin Megastore only had up to volume 5 I got the rest at HMV, so that's all 7 volumes in the space of under 2 weeks.

Definitely goes down as my favourite animated series, though watching the extras it does go heavily into a few Catholic doctrines, some of which I'm at difference with, but what an ending!

Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:20 PM #38 of 196
I just bought a ton of anime. I got G Gundam box sets 1, 2 and 4. I got the 8th MS Team box set, Gundam 0080 box set, My-Hime vol 1 and box, Scrapped Princess 5, Scrapped Princess 6, Eureka 7 vol. 1, Scryed box set, and Jubei-chan box set.

I think that's it. There was a sale, so I splurged.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 11:27 PM #39 of 196
Sweet! Rei, you picked up a lot of my personal favorites. G Gundam, 8th MS Team, and Scryed. Good picks.

I'm enjoying what I'm seeing on Cartoon Network as far as Eureka 7 goes, so I can imagine I'll start buying it soon.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:43 PM #40 of 196
Wait...there are people that like G Gundam?!

08th MS Team is amazing though.

Dobby
The sun-kissed slope

Member 4519

Level 8.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:49 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 09:49 PM #41 of 196
I finally caught up in whats being sold of Negima last week, I just got me volumes 8 and 9. Though im following the scans, which is about five volumes ahead, I still had the desire to keep up with the actual ones. Sides, reading it from a book is a lot better than from a screen!

The wait for the next official one begins~ I'm always eager for a new one! Well "new" one lol

Most amazing jew boots
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 11:24 PM #42 of 196

I had some time before classes and was in town to pick up some empty DVD+Rs, so I decided to pop in my manga store to check if they had Yubisaki Milk Tea. They had also restocked volumes 2 and 3 of Yotsuba, so I had to get those as well.

From what little peek I took, Yubisaki seems to have remained "untouched", and Tokyopop's done a good enough job with it. I'll have to read it to properly assess this, but so far so good.

Seeing this

proved both funny and sad

On one hand it's saddening that judging by the back blurb, they're presenting the series as some ultra raunchy tale of sexual deviants and horny women, when it's just about teenage sexuality and identity. Still, it's better that they do something like this, than censor the actual content in an effort to get a lower age rating.

How ya doing, buddy?

Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:35 PM #43 of 196
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
Wait...there are people that like G Gundam?!

08th MS Team is amazing though.
Like is a strange word to use with G Gundam. It's really not meant to be taken seriously. I definitely enjoy the show, but I enjoy its cheesiness. The fact that Master Asia can take out a mobile suit with his barehands amuses me greatly. Even the director says, in the extras, that the show is far from being serious. He put a lot of stuff in there just because he knew it was over the top. I don't put G up there with the greats like Zeta, and all the other UCs (except 0083. Hate 0083), but it's just a fun show to watch.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:30 AM #44 of 196
Karas and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children just arrived. Karas is going to be a great thing to watch when my exam is over tomorrow. I've already seen Advent Children, so I can put that off.

How ya doing, buddy?

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 11:37 AM #45 of 196
Since it's inevitable anyway, later today I'll be going to pick up a UMD and a DVD version of FInal Fantasy VII: Advent Children, as I pre-ordered both versions.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 04:01 PM #46 of 196
What. UMD. Why? The movies not even that good. I don't even know why I bought it.

Most amazing jew boots

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:16 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 12:16 PM #47 of 196
The local awesome comic shop had a 25% off "manga melee" sale with bubble tea and people from TokyoPop. Nifty. I got some things that I had been wanting to catch up on:

+ 12 which I have no picture of.

and

Yay!

FELIPE NO
Hao
Listening to your heart

Member 289

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 12:20 AM #48 of 196
From 2 weeks ago during my trip to London:

Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2
Visually stunning, but a little less philosphical banter would have been nice. I must have seen the intro sequence at least 10 times by now.
This was the most recent anime I've actually seen in the cinema (which is pretty rare in Belgium).

Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2 - Music Video Anthology
Milking the success of the franchise, a DVD with 7 music videos based on the CG artwork with Kenji Kawai's score. This wouldn't warrant much of a purchase except for the OST CD included.

Recent manga I bought:

Shaman King - Vol. 31
Penultimate volume to the manga. Takei tries to advance the story as much as he can without rushing, but this couldn't convince the readers apparently.

Battle Royale - Vol. 11
After the watchtower tragedy, it's time to move on to the last remaining students. Martial expert Sugimura finds the girl (and stays alive in contrast to the movie ) and tries to protect her when maddog Kiriyama hunts them down. More characterisation to the students are definitely the best and most crucial difference to the movie.

Half of what you are taught as medical students within 10 years has been shown to be wrong....
...And the trouble is, none of your teachers knows which half.
S. Burwell, Dean Harvard Medical School
A Year of Training: last updated on December 16

Last edited by Hao; May 1, 2006 at 05:00 PM.
grendelrt
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5980

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 05:02 PM #49 of 196
I finally got the Escaflowne TV series at Best buy the other day. I had been wanting it for a while, so when it was re released at 33 dollars, I had no choice I had seen the movie previously and it was pretty good, but so far the TV series is much better. Has anyone read the manga? Is it better or longer than the TV series, I am only on the 3rd disk of the series, but so far I love it.

Most amazing jew boots
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 06:51 PM #50 of 196
Originally Posted by grendelrt
I finally got the Escaflowne TV series at Best buy the other day. I had been wanting it for a while, so when it was re released at 33 dollars, I had no choice I had seen the movie previously and it was pretty good, but so far the TV series is much better. Has anyone read the manga? Is it better or longer than the TV series, I am only on the 3rd disk of the series, but so far I love it.
Manga == not near as good, but worth a read if you can pick all 8 volumes up cheap, and when i say cheap, i got it for about 45 for all 8, that is a good price, it wasnt great, but it was worth a read.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [General Discussion] Recent Anime/Manga purchases