Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] New Evangelion Movies!

SailorV
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 11621

Level 1.73

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 09:58 PM #76 of 135
Sweet this is one of the first animes I ever watched =)Now if they bring back Sailor Moon !!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:53 AM #77 of 135
It's been done. Go watch Live Action Sailor Moon.

Double Post:
Oh and I finished Re-take. Wow that was really awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing Eva go in that direction but I'm sure anything they come up with will at least be entertaining.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Sep 10, 2006 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 03:28 AM #78 of 135
is the live action series any good?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 03:43 AM #79 of 135
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLyPo5cuV8s

What do you think?

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 06:07 AM #80 of 135
Live Action Sailor Moon is alright. It has its moments. If you are a Sailor Moon fan you will probably get a kick out of it. Try out an episode or two if you are interested.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 09:51 AM #81 of 135
I finished RE-TAKE a few minutes ago as well and the first thing that entered my mind when I read the last page was "Yep, this is Evangelion alright." Just when you think things couldn't get any more twisted, the happy --> sad --> happy --> sad spirals continue.

lol

I guess I will await the new material with mixed feelings, wondering exactly how twisted they can make everything this time around considering the story pretty much yields infinite possibilities.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:16 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 11:16 AM #82 of 135
Ohohoho those live action Salior Moon clips are killers. I'm really impressed that Sailor Mars' actress was able to keep a straight face during that transformation scene. I couldn't do it -- but then, I wouldn't really be willing to spin around whilst putting on a female sailor's uniform.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 03:35 PM #83 of 135
i watched some clips from the tv show, got mixed feelings, hard to delete the image of sailor moon as anime.
anyway i think ill try at least a couple of eps.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 04:23 PM #84 of 135
Evangelion was one of my first animes besides sailor moon and dragon ball z when the original toonami first started for those in ameriaca who know what it is but it would be awesome to see a prequel and see the first impact and what happened to Misato and everything. Cant wait for it to come and dont care what it costs.

MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:43 AM #85 of 135
Red face

Originally Posted by Lazyguy
first impact and what happened to Misato and everything. Cant wait for it to come and dont care what it costs.
my feelings exactly, im intrested in the prequel more than the rest, i want to know more fact about first impact, and the researches, angels, adam, lilith, etc.:biggrin:

.Spartan
SGT Sagara Sousuke Reporting!

Member 13344

Level 2.97

Oct 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 06:27 PM #86 of 135
1 quick question to "Soldier", is it anyway possible for you to perhaps rehost the Eva-Retake Original Soundtrack on RapidShare just for awhile cause i started to read this 4 days ago and then i just found out about the soundtrack, i would really like to hear it plz, i already tried torrents and tried changing the tracker but i only got 1 seed... and downloading at 1kbps which would take me 99:99:99 lol so if its possible plz host it again or anyone else that might have the time to host it for me.

Double Post:
Ah... Nvm some ppl actually started to seed and i just finished the dl 7 mins ago... thx anyways. For anyone else that might want this, ill still seed for a couple of hours (just incase someone like me made the same mistake of learing of this awesome thing a bit to late)

Last edited by .Spartan; Oct 2, 2006 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 08:57 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 08:57 AM #87 of 135
Quote:
EVA creator posts message in theatres across Japan, hopes to lure new audiences to Evangelion films
On February 17th, Shin Seiki Evangelion (Neon Genesis Evangelion) creator Anno Hideaki made a statement in the form of a movie poster that appeared in theatres all over Japan. The announcement was also posted on the new Evangelion movie and Yahoo! Japan portal sites for the film, which also launched on Friday.

A translation of the entire announcement is as follows:

Many different desires are motivating us to create the new "Evangelion" film.

The desire to portray my sincere feelings on film.
The desire to share, with an audience, the embodiment of image, the diversity of expressions, and the detailed portrayal of emotions that animation offers.
The desire to connect today's exhausted Japanese animation [industry] to the future.
The desire to fight the continuing trend of stagnation in anime.
The desire to support the strength of heart that exists in the world.

Finally, the desire to have these wishes be realized.

For these purposes, we used the best methods available to us to make another Evangelion film.
Many times we wondered, "It's a title that's more than 10 years old. Why now?"
"Eva is too old", we felt.
However, over the past 12 years, there has been no anime newer than Eva.

Specifically, among the stagnant mood of the present day, it is the portrayal of will - not technology - that is most important.
To support the fans that support animation, we felt that a work that would appeal to middle and high school-aged men, who quickly grow away from Anime, was necessary.
When we decided that we wanted to something to support the anime [industry] of today, the determination to return to this title was strong.

As the creator of this project, [I assure you that] a very new-feeling Evangelion world has beeen constructed.
For this purpose, we are not returning to our roots at Gainax. I have set up a production company and studio, and it is in this new setting that we will start again.
Without looking back, without admiration for the circumstances, we aim to walk towards the future.
Thankfully, we have gathered staff from the old series, new staff, and many other fantastic staff to work on this series.
We realize that we are creating something that will be better than the last series.

”Eva" is a story that repeats.
It is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little.
It is a story of fear, where someone who must face indefinite solitude fears reaching out to others, but still wants to try.
We hope that you look forward to the 4 new retellings of this story.

In closing, it is also our job to provide a service to our customers.
Although it seems obvious, we aim to create a form of entertainment that anyone can look forward to; one that people who have never seen Evangelion can easily adjust to, one that can engage audiences as a movie for theatres, and one that produces a new understanding of the world.

This fall, we hope you can join us.

Creator/General Director, Anno Hideaki

Source: AnimeAnime!
WELL WE HAVE AN UPDATE FINALY!
I'm still sceptical about the whole thing still, but i will still watch it

FELIPE NO
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:35 AM #88 of 135
Sounds great. New NGE is fantastic news. Is the new film a retelling of the series or what?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:19 AM #89 of 135
What's new Evangelion movies without new merchandising!
Kotobukiya is making a new Eva 01 figure. It's 6feet tall, about $10,000 a pop.
Nice job they did on it. Even though nobody really needs an Eva statue that big.

Pics: http://ga.sbcr.jp/news/0702/078/index.html

Most amazing jew boots
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:09 PM #90 of 135
News from AnimeNation

Quote:
According to Sponichi Annex, executive director Hideaki Anno has announced that the first new Evangelion movie will open in Japanese theaters on September 1st. Furthermore, for the new series of four movies, two of the katakana characters in the Japanese spelling of "Evangelion" will be changed, resulting in "Evangelion" becoming "Wevangeliwon." Reportedly, additional details and a 15 second theatrical trailer will be officially released on the 17th.

The article also states that the Evangelion franchise has generated 6,000 types of merchandise since its 1995 debut, earning roughly 150 billion yen.

SourceRakuga Kidou

Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:46 PM #91 of 135
Yeah, that trailer is out now too. It's just a bunch of text with no footage from the movie at all. Perhaps a little information can be derived from it but it's pretty much worthless.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 04:38 PM 1 #92 of 135
In the Feb issue of Newtype USA, there was a four page article on the EVA movies. A few details were revealed regarding the project.

1. The first movie will re-enact the first episode of the series, with the climax being the 6th episode (Showdown in Tokyo-3. Shinji and Rei's first teamup).

2. The showdown is receiving a major overhaul, as Anno has expressed disastisfaction with how low budget the episode turned out.

3. The movie will make use of current CG technology, and is said to display a massive amount of detail in every frame, to the point that multiple viewings may be required, especially for the climax (just no more text flashing, ok?).

4. The NERV and Selee logos will be changed. The new NERV logo is a partially eaten apple, the Selee one is an apple and a serpent (zomg teh overtones).

5. There will be a new character introduced, but he/she may not show up until the 2nd movie.

6. There are two main promo posters; one is a cheerful rendering of the main cast and Shinji's classmates by Sadamoto, the other is a live action shot of Unit-01 standing above Tokyo-3. They say the movies' theme more closely resembles the first poster.

7. There are splash drawings in the article, though it's still unknown if they represent how the characters will look in the movie. It's a mixed bag so far, with Shinji and Asuka looking more angular and cartoony, while Rei and Kaworu have a rougher, darker look to them (I especially like how Rei looks).

That's about it so far. I'm still remaining cautiously optimistic, because I'm still hoping that A) they won't try to make it slapstick crazy just to appeal to the fanbase that likes to collect Asuka and Rei pillows, and B) they don't reuse any animation from the TV series at all, though that doesn't sound too likely.

The movies are being called a "fresh interpretation", so I'm also hoping they don't keep the remakes word by word exact. I'd be happy if it remained closer to the manga, if nothing else.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:16 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 08:16 PM #93 of 135
In the Feb issue of Newtype USA, there was a four page article on the EVA movies. A few details were revealed regarding the project.

1. The first movie will re-enact the first episode of the series, with the climax being the 6th episode (Showdown in Tokyo-3. Shinji and Rei's first teamup).

2. The showdown is receiving a major overhaul, as Anno has expressed disastisfaction with how low budget the episode turned out.

3. The movie will make use of current CG technology, and is said to display a massive amount of detail in every frame, to the point that multiple viewings may be required, especially for the climax (just no more text flashing, ok?).

4. The NERV and Selee logos will be changed. The new NERV logo is a partially eaten apple, the Selee one is an apple and a serpent (zomg teh overtones).

5. There will be a new character introduced, but he/she may not show up until the 2nd movie.

6. There are two main promo posters; one is a cheerful rendering of the main cast and Shinji's classmates by Sadamoto, the other is a live action shot of Unit-01 standing above Tokyo-3. They say the movies' theme more closely resembles the first poster.

7. There are splash drawings in the article, though it's still unknown if they represent how the characters will look in the movie. It's a mixed bag so far, with Shinji and Asuka looking more angular and cartoony, while Rei and Kaworu have a rougher, darker look to them (I especially like how Rei looks).

That's about it so far. I'm still remaining cautiously optimistic, because I'm still hoping that A) they won't try to make it slapstick crazy just to appeal to the fanbase that likes to collect Asuka and Rei pillows, and B) they don't reuse any animation from the TV series at all, though that doesn't sound too likely.

The movies are being called a "fresh interpretation", so I'm also hoping they don't keep the remakes word by word exact. I'd be happy if it remained closer to the manga, if nothing else.
Would ya mind scanning some of those pictures in so us poor people can see them to SOLDIER?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:30 PM #94 of 135
Would ya mind scanning some of those pictures in so us poor people can see them to SOLDIER?
I was just about to ask the same. I'm really curious to see the Rei picture. They better release all four films as a DVD boxed set. I'm definitely buying it if they do.

I'm not sure I like how they changed the logos for NERV and SEELE.

Anybody know the significance of the changed katakana in the title?

Last edited by Mucknuggle; Feb 23, 2007 at 08:32 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:49 PM #95 of 135
I'll see what I can do. They're pretty big pictures (Newtype is a hefty magazine), so I'm not sure how they'll come out, but I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Here you go. They came out much better than I imagined.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Soldier; Feb 24, 2007 at 04:52 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:14 AM #96 of 135
Well that was a hell of a lot more info than that trailer put out. Thanks a bunch, SOLDIER. =)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:02 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 03:02 PM #97 of 135
Hmm. I agree to being cautiously optimistic. I just hope they don't change too much or dumb it down too much. I think this may end up being a great "alternate reality" version of the story.

But I can't help but wonder if this time and money wouldn't be better spent on something entirely new from Hideaki's head.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2007, 05:09 PM #98 of 135
Quote:
Official Title of New Evangelion Movie Revealed
The official Japanese Evangelion homepage has formally announced that the official title of the upcoming Evangelion movie is "Evangeliwon Shin Gekijouban: Jyo" ("Evangeliwon New Motion Picture: Prologue"). Famitsu Magazine has revealed the redesigned Nerv and Seele logos that will appear in the film. Advance tickets for the movie will go on sale in Japan on April 21st and advance ticket purchasers will recieve a bonus Nerv cel phone/keychain strap. The movie is scheduled to open on September 1st.

Source: Rakuga Kidou

The movie title is lame, but the logos are pretty spiffy.

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:24 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 08:24 AM #99 of 135
Well, I don't exactly like the new Nerv art, but i do like the new SEELE art. The Original Nerv art was fine by me, and i liked the way the words where encircling the leaf. I'm still a bit gittery about these movies in general. I am still uncertain of how these movies will movies will turn out, but i still want to see them. Ill probably buy them weather i like them or not...just to have more Eva stuff

Most amazing jew boots
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Jul 10, 2007, 06:20 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2007, 11:20 PM #100 of 135
I apologize for the thread revival and the awful quality video but...

YouTube Video

It seems the new movies are just around the corner... September going by this

Last edited by S_K; Jul 10, 2007 at 08:35 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] New Evangelion Movies!