Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Muse album...

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:41 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 04:41 PM #101 of 233
Give it time, some obsessed Muse fan will raid a radio station and upload it for the world. I hope ;_;. Wanna hear those trumpets in full quality after all =p.

How ya doing, buddy?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:03 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 10:03 AM #102 of 233
I cannot wait for this album. Dare I say almost as good as OOS? Hmmmmmmm

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Long Live Lost
LiveJournal: Latest Entry: My Political Leanings.
Latest JOURNAL Entry:
ITE: I review the latest album by The Guillemots (also, exam results)

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 07:58 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 02:58 PM #103 of 233
Sup homies?

http://www.torrentazos.com/descargar.php?id=3964

Album is out.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Grawl; Jun 9, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 03:24 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 09:24 PM #104 of 233
Originally Posted by Grawl
You're just lucky I don't know how Torrents work....

Plus, according to the Muse forums it's shite quality (mono wtf?)

Here's a stereo version of Knights of Cydonia though:
http://www.myspace.com/muse

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 11:47 PM #105 of 233
If with "mono" they mean "stereo" and "VBR", yes, they are right.

This is just a high-quality album. They should learn to live with the fact the album leaked.

Also, the album is actually pretty good. Best Muse album so far.

edit: uploading the album just so you can listen to it too.

edit 2: Enjoy - http://rapidshare.de/files/22658320/....com_.rar.html

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Grawl; Jun 9, 2006 at 05:01 PM.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:25 PM #106 of 233
So far, I really really like this album. Assassin, Take a Bow and Exo-Politics are amazing.

I definitely know I will be buying this album [as if I wasn't going to, lmao]

Most amazing jew boots
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 07:44 PM #107 of 233
erg, so very tempted to download that, but I think I want to wait for the actual album release. I pretty much never buy CDs, but muse is always the exception. I'll wait 'til it's out and get it on the first day and it'll be more enjoyable that way, because then I won't have the twinge of guilt for having it long before I should.

wait, why does all that sound like a parallel to sex before marriage. :'D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:32 AM #108 of 233
Originally Posted by ava lilly
I feel the same way...although when the new Kaizers Orchestra CD came out, I gave in and downloaded it/played it on infinite repeat until I got my 'official' copy. Of course, that was a different situation, because I knew it wouldn't be available in the US. But this is definitely coming, so....errm...damn. I'm so tempted.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; Jun 11, 2006 at 01:34 AM.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 01:37 AM #109 of 233
It's been 3 years since their last album, i've waited long enough so i'm downloading it. I'll download it, then buy it on the release date. Yeah sure it'll spoil the moment of putting the CD in and pressing play but right now I was tempted and I clicked that big download button. It's like 2am right now, i've just come back from Download festival so i'm gonna download it all, upload it to the mp3, sit in bed with the headphones and listen to the beauty.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Immortal
I float.

Member 1281

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 07:09 PM #110 of 233
Originally Posted by ava lilly
hahaha I was thinking that as I read over your post!

Anywho, got the link from someone last night and listened to it. Not what I was expecting, but it was certainly good. Showbiz is still my favorite by them though

Most amazing jew boots

While everyone around me is busy drowning, I float.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:15 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 08:15 AM #111 of 233
I'm still gonna wait for my CD quality stereo version. I have patience for Muse.

FELIPE NO

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Shiki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8333

Level 1.21

Jun 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 06:39 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 09:39 PM #112 of 233
I don't know if it's the mp3s, but the sound quality of this album sounds worse than the previous 3 albums. It sounds distorted and harsh, though that might be what they intended...

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 09:44 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 02:44 PM #113 of 233
Originally Posted by Shiki
I don't know if it's the mp3s, but the sound quality of this album sounds worse than the previous 3 albums. It sounds distorted and harsh, though that might be what they intended...
It's the quality.

Well i'm the most impatient person in the world, if it's for my favourite band or not. Looking at the track list, there's 5 songs I hadn't heard previously from a live version. Still, it may seem like it's cheating by downloading but i'm still gonna buy the album on the day of release which is what counts really. The quality of the torrent is pretty shite that listening to it from a CD will be like a new experience anyway =p.

Well my thoughts on the album, extremely different. Not what I was expecting at all from everything that i've read about the album. It's very experimental, while the last 3 albums have had a very "live" feeling to them this one is definetely out there. It'll be interesting to see it live.

Take a bow is like floating through space while singing about politics.

Starlight, well not too different from the live version a little more mellow (or just a lot simpler) on the recorded version. Single material, though I hope they don't release it as a single since it's too expected. Gotta love the chorus.

Supermassive Black Hole, one of the strongest tracks on the album in my opinion and it was a big change in their sound when we all got to hear it. A change meaning it's more...well dancey.

Map of the Problematique, another strong track with some intense drumming going on in parts.

A Soldier's Poem, it's like Unintended but it's got a "Grandad" vibe to it. Sounds like a lullaby, very simple with lots of layered vocals to make it sound that extra bit dreamy. It's short and sweet.

Invincible, sounds like you're waving troops off to war. Organs, drum march, a meloncholy vibe to it. Half way through it kinda breaks out into a boppy beat, followed by a random guitar solo.

Assassin, or Debase Mason's Grog as some of us may know it by. Sounds very different from the live version, faster got a more metal distortion to it. It really does sound like System of a Down I have to say. They cut out the part from the live version where it breaks down and sounds all Westerny. On the chorus there's a lot of awesome layered vocals going on, very interesting indeed.

Exo-Politics is Timescale Keeper, sounds like a dance track mixed with a sci-fi backing track. I'm sure the lyrics are different too, the guitars are very clean too, i'm not sure what's the correct terminology for it but in the live version all the notes were left to ring out but on the recording version it's just cut short to give it a sharper edge.

City of Delusion, one of the stand out tracks to me on first listen. Flamenco guitars, strings are very spanishy i'd say - they're amazing put it that way. It's just so diverse, come on there's trumpets in there and everything. I can picture flamenco dancing to it in the middle of the desert.

Hoodoo, very dramatic echoed guitar to begin with with Matt singing "come into my life" like the voice of God. Sorrowful violins and gentle drumming enters in as you begin to sway as it builds up beautifully, then it breaks in with piano, drums, more strings and more dramatic singing. Then as it ends it slows down to match the beginning to fade into the next track.

Knights of Cydonia, opens with space like effects with the sound of horses. Then breaks out into what seems to be apart of an epic western soundtrack. Lots of falsetto harmonising, trumpets galore and all the rest. A very interesting ending compared to previous albums where the album ends on a very slow track.

Final opinion, it's different. I know that's a crap sum up but it really is, i'm shocked in a way that it sounds so different from what Muse have previously done. You can tell that they've been influenced heavily from the new wave of dancey type rock and also western, flamenco, italian influences. The album has a political feel to it like Absolution I might add, more so than Absolution in fact. It's a lot less rocky, there seems to be less guitars and a band feel to it and more focus on the weird wobbly bits like synths and the such. I really like the album, i'm sure when I hear a full quality version (quality whooore) I will be blown away since that'll be another experience in itself on my awesome stereo of life. But for now it's all sinking in and soon enough i'll be ranting on about how amazing it is. I just hope they don't take so fucking long with making another album because this is such a different direction in their sound i'm wondering what else they're capable of.

Edit: Yup, it's sinking in and it's becoming more amazing each second I listen to =D

Last edited by Sian; Jun 12, 2006 at 09:54 AM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:52 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 03:52 PM #114 of 233
Originally Posted by Sian
... but i'm still gonna buy the album on the day of release ...
Like that was ever in question.

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 04:34 PM #115 of 233
Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime
Like that was ever in question.
Haha well you always get the people who are like "omg you are cheating your band since you're not fully supporting them by handing your money over to help them" etc etc. They receive more money from touring and playing live shows anyway, and rightly so since I think it's all about the music itself than sales. Still, I like having the official copy in my hand.

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:46 PM #116 of 233
Originally Posted by Sian
Haha well you always get the people who are like "omg you are cheating your band since you're not fully supporting them by handing your money over to help them" etc etc. They receive more money from touring and playing live shows anyway, and rightly so since I think it's all about the music itself than sales. Still, I like having the official copy in my hand.

Heh, exactly. I sadly do download some leaked albums of bands I love [I just can't help it], but I think in doing that, re-inforces the fact it WILL be bought by me. Plus, it's a very sentimental feeling for me to hold the album in my hands. Stupid, but it just feels better holding it rather than just having it on a computer or mp3 player.

I do hope though, the album's production will be better on the final release. Even though I have the album at VBR quality, it just sounds...not LIKE vbr quality.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 08:58 PM #117 of 233
No, it's the fuckers who download a leaked advance of the album and never bother buying it, they deserve to have their kneecaps blown off they do.

Most amazing jew boots
Shiki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8333

Level 1.21

Jun 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 04:19 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 07:19 AM #118 of 233
I use mp3s as a sampler, if I really like what I hear I usually buy the CD.

Most amazing jew boots
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 07:56 PM #119 of 233
Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime
No, it's the fuckers who download a leaked advance of the album and never bother buying it, they deserve to have their kneecaps blown off they do.
Yeah, I tend to download albums as previews. If I don't like the album i'll delete it, if I like a few tracks yeah i'll keep them as mp3s but if I do like the album i'll go out and buy it. There's just something about having the physical copy, you can keep it for years and years whilst mp3s are just a file on a computer or an mp3 player. I love going through my parents old LP's since they seem to just have a history to them.

Quote:
To: Miss S J Walmsley

Your order for "Black Holes And Revelations" has been received.
:biggrin:

FELIPE NO
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:33 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 03:33 PM #120 of 233
I downloaded it.
But I'm really glad that I did. I think I'll listen to it a few times and then delete it, wait for the official release, and then rip it (in my own choice of format and quality) to my laptop for use at school. That way I'll still leave myself 'wanting more' until July 11th.

Also, I'm wondering if KoC is going to have an American Radio edit or something, since it's the rumored US single. I mean, I love the instrumental intro (I think that will be *awesome* live), but for a radio song....especially in the US, I'm not so sure. I really hope that the rumors/PR is mistaken and they'll release SMBH as the US single instead.

Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 12:06 AM #121 of 233
The quality is crap. The bass is too much and it's not crystal clear as it could be. I'm awaiting the actual release.

The album has a few weak songs, and I believe the last half of the album crumbles until KoC. Starlight and KoC sound amazing in studio. From the first hear through, I thought Invincible was the weakest song, but we'll see after each listen. But overall, I like the new sound. It's refreshing (not like they weren't refreshing to begin with).

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:11 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 01:11 PM #122 of 233
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
Also, I'm wondering if KoC is going to have an American Radio edit or something, since it's the rumored US single. I mean, I love the instrumental intro (I think that will be *awesome* live), but for a radio song....especially in the US, I'm not so sure. I really hope that the rumors/PR is mistaken and they'll release SMBH as the US single instead.
There is an edit, but they only cut out some of the long winded intro to shorten the time. Thinking about it now yeah if they came onstage live with Take a Bow that intro would be pretty amazing, like a spaceship landing or something.

Originally Posted by Dee
The quality is crap. The bass is too much and it's not crystal clear as it could be. I'm awaiting the actual release.

The album has a few weak songs, and I believe the last half of the album crumbles until KoC. Starlight and KoC sound amazing in studio. From the first hear through, I thought Invincible was the weakest song, but we'll see after each listen. But overall, I like the new sound. It's refreshing (not like they weren't refreshing to begin with).
Some of the songs take a little getting used to, but I think the album has a pretty good structure of songs. I'd agree with you that I think the weakest is Invincible, but then again it could just take a few listens. City of Delusion is standing out for me at the moment.

I love the themes of the album, it's like space politics, dance tunes and western soundtracks all blending wonderfully into one album. Hoodoo sounds like it was influenced heavily from Kill Bill and it sounds so powerful.

The quality of the torrent is effecting the full listening experience, so when I get the crystal clear pre ordered copy of the album I think i'll be blown away even more than I am now.

Eeee can't wait to see them at Leeds they're going to be incredible.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:27 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 02:27 PM #123 of 233
So, did anyone pick up the single yet?

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Piano
Good Chocobo

Member 1071

Level 15.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 04:21 PM #124 of 233
I've never heard a Muse song until they played on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross. That Supermassive Black Hole song is very catchy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Majin yami
Callipygian Superman

Member 1810

Level 17.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:15 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 06:15 PM #125 of 233
It wasn't even a good performance. Hell, it wasn't one of their best tracks! Download New Born, Fury, Sing for Absolution, Eternally Missed, Blackout, Hysteria and Plug in Baby. That should be a good base to get ya started

I was speaking idiomatically.

Long Live Lost
Latest JOURNAL Entry:

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Muse album...