Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Muse album...

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 11:36 PM #226 of 233
Originally Posted by Majin Yami
Hell, you don't really have to worry about the people phoning in, it's the presenter that's awful!
Yeah, I remember him doing a piss-poor job of having Ville on. He kept getting annoyed at all the faux-goth girls calling in just to say "I LOVE YOU VILLE <3 U R SO SEXI." He told the people to call in with their 'problems.' Like he didn't expect people to call in just to talk to the rock star :doh:...

Yeah, I still have to listen to the Muse one. I never can listen to all these things, though, since they go on and on for two hours. And I really dislike Dr. Drew -- although not nearly as much as Adam Carolla. That man is a shithead.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 11:08 AM #227 of 233
Heh, kind of a big bump on this thread, but I thought I'd say that the new single is "Starlight" and just was released today in the UK. Of course there's the CD single, the DVD single, picturedisc and download version.

Go Here to watch the new video and play the 'Stargame' thingy to enter a contest to get a guitar signed by Muse and see them and all that jazz. It's actually pretty amusing, how the questions are worded .

I'm not sure I'm thrilled with this being the second single, but whatever. I mean, it is catchy, but...yeah. It's not my favorite song on the new album.

How ya doing, buddy?
randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 07:52 AM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 12:52 PM #228 of 233
BUMP

Just saw Muse last night. It was, hands down, the best gig i've ever been to in my life. They are unbelievable. If you get a chance to see them, do, you won't regret it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Welcome to Silent Hill
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:07 PM #229 of 233
Shit, and here I was thinking there was another new Muse album coming.
Damn you randomwab! Damn you for crushing my dreams!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 11:18 AM #230 of 233
Well, as long as the thread has been resurrected... the new single "Knights of Cydonia" (new single as far as the UK is concerned) will be released on Nov. 27th, with the b-side being an extended studio version of "Assasin" and the DVD-single will have a making-of the KoC video, which should probably be amusing.

And yah, randomwab... I saw Muse live a little over a month ago and it was fantastic! I love music festivals, sometimes. Somehow I don't think I would have gotten autographs if I had gone to one of their concerts...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 08:18 PM #231 of 233
They were on another level when I saw them truly epic, only Pearl Jam and Placebo came close over the 3 days to putting up such a galactic performance. I had to go back to get my friend and it took me ages making my way back up near the front again.

Sorry for my shitty camera which I took with me in fear of Pikeys stealing my other one (without movie mode zoom, being far away for this song), but Stockholm Syndrome Live (.mpg, 86.5mb).

FELIPE NO

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Nov 5, 2006 at 02:24 PM.
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:09 PM Local time: Nov 7, 2006, 04:09 PM #232 of 233
I've seen Muse in concert twice, and both performances have been jam packed with a phenomenal amount of energy. The first I went to was at The Quest in Minneapolis, MN which has a floor for people to dance on. Everyone went fuckin' nuts for Stockholm Syndrome, which they played probably 3-4 times through out that whole performance. The second was at the Orpheum Theater, where ya normally sit down to enjoy a show, but everyone stood up anyway. I have seen Air there as well. They usually have a synchronized lights at that place, and the lighting sequences thoroughly enhanced the experience.

BUT SHIT! Their concert at the Orpheum was fucking $40 US! Wowzerz! I was willing to throw it down anyway, cause a girl I was interested in invited me, and well, it's Muse.

Both great experiences. Matt's stage presence is indeed awesome. He was wearing an orange jump suit and he kind of bends and twists his thin body in strange ways when he plays guitar. It's really cool.

So, ya peeps like the new cd? Black Holes and Revelations? I sure do. It's a great little twist to their style that I absolutely adore.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
kiyo-chan
giggling ninja schoolgirl

Member 15083

Level 5.59

Nov 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:15 PM #233 of 233
^ I agree. Their new CD isn't entirely what people had previously established as "Muse-style" but it's definitely got art on its insides. The album is so overdone, but tastefully. I admire and love Muse all the more for what they accomplished and achieved with this album. What's strange about the thing is that I feel like it's a bit incomplete, if you will. The entire album seems to be stretching for some ridiculous and grand treasure, but then stops short. ...I don't know if that made any sense heh.

"Starlight" in particular is such a gem off the album...I adore how touching it is...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Muse album...