Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

GFF Best TV Song Contest

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 05:06 PM #1 of 4
GFF Best TV Song Contest

I remember this idea was floating around sometime before the crash, but nothing really ever came of it. I thought it was a really good idea though, so I think it would be pretty cool if this takes off.

This is basically just a contest where, in a series of different rounds, GFF members pick what they believe is the best song from a TV show. It's similar to the video game, anime, and movie contests that we've had before, except it just has a focus on TV programs.

I'm making this thread to see who would actually be interested in this, as well as place to share any ideas you might have about making this a reality. Topics to be discussed include:

Interest in having this created
Interest in helping out on this project
Types of shows to be included
Tyes of music to be included
Number of songs to be included
Anything else pertinent to this idea

By types of shows, I mean should we include shows across all genres (animated, comedy, drama, children's), or just limit it to certain ones? Should we include things like TV specials and TV movies? Should only American programs be included, or should it include shows from around the world?

By types of music, I mean should we limit it just to theme songs, or should we include Background music as well? Should it not include licensed songs, and only include those made specifically for the show?

And by number of songs to be included, I mean things like how many songs should people be able to nominate in the nomination stage, and how many songs should be chosen to be included in the contest.

I'm really excited about this idea, and I hope it gets off the ground. Of course, I need you guys' help to make that happen, so please provide some feedback.

How ya doing, buddy?
NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:08 PM #2 of 4
How many shows have soundtracks? This would basically turn into a theme contest, and could quite possibly be the cheesiest event ever to run here.

Limit it to 32 or 64 tracks, and I think it would work.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 05:20 PM #3 of 4
Off the top of my head, I could think of quite a few (24, Alias, The Shield, Lost, ER, Survivor, The Simpsons, La Femme Nikita, Family Guy, Buffy), but I see what you mean. It's definitely a more recent thing (like within the last decade or so) for a TV show to have a soundtrack, so it most likely wouldn't work with older or more obscure shows.

So limiting it to theme songs would most likely be the best route to take. Also, limiting it down to 32 or 64 would help keep the quality of the songs up, making it a better contest overall.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 06:29 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 06:29 PM #4 of 4
Yeah, I would like to see this, but we all know Seinfelds unique theme or something from 24 would win. It is inevitable =p

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > GFF Best TV Song Contest