Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Turtles Forever

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:27 AM #1 of 4
Turtles Forever

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been one of the longest and most successful cartoons around the world. The show originated from the 1984's comic books with significant changes made to the characters in the 1987 cartoon.

In 2003, another version of TMNT was released. In this one, comedy was put aside in place of more serious themes, serious characters, and a more vicious and deadly Shreddar.

So what would happen if the 87 Turtles joined up with the 2003 Turtles? Enter 'Turtles Forever'.

'Turtles Forever' is an hour plus long movie where the 87 Turtles join up with the 2003 Turtles to face the Shreddar.

The best part of this show is it's free. It appeared on T.V. last year and now on their website.

Turtles Forever : Turtles Forever Video Episode - 4KidsTV.com

Thoughts on this?

Spoiler:

After watching it, for some reason I do not have the urge to buy any of the 1987 turtle's DVDs. I know they were trying to show the 87 turtles are more comedic relief but my goodness, they looked incompetent at times, and incapable of holding their own in a fight. Even 2003 Michelangelo quickly grew tired of their care-free attitude. IT really made me look at my childhood involving the turtles and ask "Were they really that pathetic?"

I also disliked 87's April O'Neal's apperance. It was pointless. It was like "Well, we have to help April daily. Oh. She's in trouble. Turtles to the rescue! OK, we're done!". I understand they were taking shots as their own cartoon but jeez.

Splinter was done well in both shows. I just wish they would have had more of the 87 incarnation.

Having the original turtles at the end was fairly amusing. Apparently, these turtles were completely ruthless. And if was humorous they did their own narration.

The voice acting was....okay. Word is they couldn't get any of the original voice actors for the 87 cast. It took some adjustment.

It was odd seeing 87 Sheddar and Krang join forces with the turtles towards the end. I mean, it makes sense. However, compare Krang and Shreddar from Season 1 of 87 TMNT with this and it's just so different. I did get a small chuckle when the 03 turtles compared shreddars by saying something like 'He's lethal. He's vicious. He's comptent!'

I know I have been fairly negative on this show. I read up beforehand that the 87 turtles were more there for the humor but it seemed like their humor was toned up a few extra notches to add to the seriousness to the 03 turtles. Maybe it's just me though.

Overall, I'd give the movie a 6/10. It certainly deserves a passing grade. However, it just seemed off in a lot of ways. Perhaps I'll go back and watch some of the 87 cartoon again and then watch some of the 03 cartoon. Maybe was score will change.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by mortis; Feb 14, 2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: fixing tags
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:51 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 11:21 AM #2 of 4
Hey Mortis, I actually watched this youtube while I was working over the Christmas holidays and to be honest I thought it was ok at best.

I'm a vintage cartoon collector and even though I have watched both the 1987 series and the 2003 series I enjoy the original cartoon more.

Hey, how can you go wrong when you had this guy:

doing the voice of this guy:

I thought it was ok for what it was. I think I probably would of enjoyed it more if they used the original voice cast of the 1987 series, but if for anything it was ok to watch just for nostalgia purposes.

How ya doing, buddy?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:10 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2010, 11:10 AM #3 of 4
I caught it while channel surfing one weekend and wound up watching it the next two weeks. It was a fun thing to watch, though by no means anything really epic. I guess the biggest thing it did for me was show how serious so many cartoons feel they have to be nowadays instead of just being something fun to watch.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:56 PM #4 of 4
The guy who did Donatello's voice was probably too busy making SWAT Kats sequels.

No, I'm not implying that SWAT Kats sucked. It was, in fact, pretty awesome.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Turtles Forever