Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 08:51 PM #51 of 826
Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
Stupid Washington Post review spoiled the whole Hiro bit in their review before the pilot even aired. It would have been nice to see that without such a massive spoiler.
Yeah, saw that. Gotta stop reading TV show previews in the newspaper. :/

Why was Hiro's first reaction "in the future": ohh, I'll pick up the gun, osnap. BAKABAKABAKABAKA... Other than that, everythings progressing nicely. At first I thought it was some kind of monster in the painting in the first episode. I guess I just didn't get a good look at it. So nuke, eh? Sup Jericho.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 10:09 PM #52 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
I see. I don't doubt you, but where did you come by this information? D.L. wasn't listed on the official site, last I knew.
Yeah, he's not on the official site yet. He's listed on the series' Wikipedia entry and he's in this cast shot (it's not hard to guess who he is).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
IdentikitOfEyes
Banned

Member 13258

Level 9.89

Sep 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:21 PM #53 of 826
I dont know, they way the show puts is it seems that D.L. is some kind of mobster that doesnt really have any powers, just big goons that cant take a shard to the neck.

I was speaking idiomatically.
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 10:05 PM #54 of 826
Okay...I officially think that this was made by the creators of lost now. That little line thingy that shows up in the code on the computer? It also shows up in so many other places. 1.) The Painter's room in the future when Hiro is there. 2.) When it shows the police officer by the pool, that shape is formed by the filter hose in the water. 3.) A couple times it popped up when Hiro was running away with the comic.

This is really got me hooked...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I forgot my old sig...
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:08 AM #55 of 826
Oh, and I've just found out that Patient Zero (as he is referred to in the comic) is named Sylar. Also, I'm not so sure on this (and I don't quite agree with it), but here's one theory, proposed by my father -
Spoiler:
Claire's surrogate father is Sylar.

Mind you, I got this from my mother, so I'm sure I missed the finer points of the theory, but that's the heart of it.

I like how my whole family watches this show now. I think we're all hooked.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 11:16 PM #56 of 826
Damn, I'm definitely gonna be paying close attention to this show when I watch it (I was browsing GFF while it was on), because I probably didn't even pick up on half of the things mentioned in this thread so far. Hell, I'll probably just rewatch this episode as well.

But from what I did see, this was another good episode. They're still setting a lot of things up, but at the same time they're giving the characters a lot more depth. I'm still very interested in seeing what happens when this show gets into the thick of things, since it's already so great now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 04:40 AM #57 of 826
Whoa, that episode was great! It keeps getting better!

ep 2 spoilers
Spoiler:

I like how the current date Hiro had was October 2, which is the same as when the show aired.

Niki - I don't really get her deal. If her other self can kill and move things, then why didn't it bury the bodies in the desert for her? She already left that shovel there..

I'm having a feeling that they won't stop the bomb yet for this season. Those bastards like to leave us hanging like that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:23 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 05:23 AM #58 of 826
Originally Posted by IdentikitOfEyes
I dont know, they way the show puts is it seems that D.L. is some kind of mobster that doesnt really have any powers, just big goons that cant take a shard to the neck.
Um, that's not D.L. That's an entirely different character altogether who probably has no true importance to the plot as a whole.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:52 PM #59 of 826
I watched the second episode by chance (flipping through channels), and I feel in love with the series.

Now I wish I didn't miss the first episode...

How ya doing, buddy?
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:53 PM #60 of 826
Ryuu - go to NBC.com and look up Heroes. They have the entire Pilot episode as it was aired on TV with less commercials. That'll get you up to speed with the show pretty quick, and help explain a lot of the events that would be rather mystifying to you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:57 PM #61 of 826
Originally Posted by Admiral Amara
Ryuu - go to NBC.com and look up Heroes. They have the entire Pilot episode as it was aired on TV with less commercials. That'll get you up to speed with the show pretty quick, and help explain a lot of the events that would be rather mystifying to you.
I don't see it.

I only see "the latest episode."

Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:02 PM #62 of 826
Jeez, they had Ep. 1 up earlier today! Or, at the very least, yesterday. I'm sorry about that, Ryuu - I thought it would still be there. You'll probably want to read through the thread to find out what you missed, and feel free to ask any questions about the Pilot.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:12 PM #63 of 826
Originally Posted by Admiral Amara
Jeez, they had Ep. 1 up earlier today! Or, at the very least, yesterday. I'm sorry about that, Ryuu - I thought it would still be there. You'll probably want to read through the thread to find out what you missed, and feel free to ask any questions about the Pilot.
The second episode did a decent job of recapping some things from episode 1 (I think). I've been watching some of the recaps and shorts that NBC.com has, so I should be fine - though if I have any questions, then I'll be sure to ask.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 09:15 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 08:15 PM #64 of 826
Well, you could always just download the episode through torrent, as I'm sure there are probably still some well seeded torrents out there. I think it's worth watching, not just to catch up on certain things, but just because it's entertaining.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:00 PM #65 of 826
Just a thought I had while contemplating the show as I tried to fall asleep:

Spoiler:
The villain, "Syler", his ability (or one of them, anyhow) may very well be telekinesis.

In the crime scene during Matt Parkman's introduction, the mother was pinned to the wall with various implements. One of the investigators commented that it would've taken at least three people to get her into that position and kill her as was done.

But it would only take one person if that person were telekinetic. I'd been wondering why none of the heroes had this ability, since it seems like such a basic superhero skill. My suspicion is that they gave it to the villain instead, but it's incredibly taxing, so he needs to consume human brains to provide the raw energy needed to fuel the power.

On a seperate note: it's my guess that Parkman is sent to prison on suspicion of being "Syler". While there, he meets up with this "D.L." character and possibly reads his mind and befriends him. At the same time, D.L.'s "phasing" power manifests and D.L. uses it to free himself and Parkman. From there, they head to Vegas to find Niki and Micah, but learn that the two have mysteriously left.

Parkman, D.L., Niki and Micah will eventually converge upon Odessa, TX, where Claire Bennet lives, just in time to save her from her father. Simultaneously, Hiro, Mendez, the Pitrellis and Muhindur also make their way to Texas, based upon prophecies in Isaac's comic. Here, they realize their group potential and become some sort of team.

As I've said, just educated guesses.

cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:14 PM #66 of 826
I really like every Claire's scenes. So much details on images and sound.

And for tonight's episode
Spoiler:
Oh oh dualities are rising

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 09:19 PM #67 of 826
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Well, you could always just download the episode through torrent, as I'm sure there are probably still some well seeded torrents out there. I think it's worth watching, not just to catch up on certain things, but just because it's entertaining.
I would except my college somehow blocked torrents by stopping uploads on torrents. Like I can still do everything, but I can't upload anything which makes torrents EXTREMELY slow (since your upload speed correlates with your download speed).

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:50 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 12:50 AM #68 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
As I've said, just educated guesses.
That's a cool educated guess. I had a similar theory after tonight's episode.

The show is quite interesting, and has had good character development, AND it has some hotties. Mostly I'm just greatful for something cool to watch on Monday nights. I've got Wed, and Thurs, taken care of, but so far there's nothing on Tuesday that I'm interested in. Any reccomendations?

Most amazing jew boots
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:09 AM #69 of 826
All right, I'm hooked. And to think I almost missed out...I never watch NBC anymore, but thankfully my family had the first two episodes on the DVR, so I caught up and watched the new episode last night.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 01:22 PM #70 of 826
Is it just me, or is it odd that, while the artist is supposed to paint things that happen in the future, the comic that Hiro got while he was in New York contained events that actually happened in the past?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
and Brandy does her best to understand
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:03 PM #71 of 826
Maybe it took some time to publish the comic and sell it at the stands or something. Whatever reason it was maybe they'll explain it at future episodes.
Even though they didn't show much of syler it looks like he's far more advanced than anyone else.
Spoiler:
He was researching the people with special abilities as well. He of course looked to have telekinesis by the way he was going to make the woman shoot herself but then the cop shot him and got back up. He could have the same recovery powers as the girl, and he also flew away or atleast thats how they made it seem. Maybe he'll have the ability to control time as well o_0.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 02:09 PM #72 of 826
That cheerleader must be pretty powerfull if she can regenerate from the state she was in at the end of the last episode. For a moment I thought she actually died. I mean, she is pretty cut open there..

Originally Posted by Shenlon
Maybe it took some time to publish the comic and sell it at the stands or something. Whatever reason it was maybe they'll explain it at future episodes.
Even though they didn't show much of syler it looks like he's far more advanced than anyone else.
Spoiler:
He was researching the people with special abilities as well. He of course looked to have telekinesis by the way he was going to make the woman shoot herself but then the cop shot him and got back up. He could have the same recovery powers as the girl, and he also flew away or atleast thats how they made it seem. Maybe he'll have the ability to control time as well o_0.

Spoiler:
I was thinking he had alot of the Heroe's powers. From the previous episodes it looks like he consumes brains or organs. In this episode it showed that he knew about more people with powers than the professor did. Since he's been killing lots of people all across America maybe he's collecting the powers of people. Which is why he was able to regenrate after all those bullets and jump away/fly. That would put all the heroes in great danger. Because he'll want to go for them and use their powers. ;|

Stuff goes here~

Last edited by Shonos; Oct 10, 2006 at 04:13 PM.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 05:42 PM #73 of 826
Well, and it gave the impression that there isn't a way to kill her, but only to disable her by jamming something into her head. Odd.

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:45 PM #74 of 826
I hadn't been watching the show because of forgetfulness. Then, I had my dead summarize what had happened. Now, I'm glad I don't watch it. This is the second show in a few years with a comic book feel that has resorted to a time travel plot. {sighs}

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 08:02 PM #75 of 826
Yeah, summaries are all that matter, not acting or writing or any of that silliness.

What is the other show?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes