Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bionic Eye Project test results! Science is cool stuff ain't it? =o

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:50 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 11:50 AM #1 of 5
Bionic Eye Project test results! Science is cool stuff ain't it? =o

Source. Beware, creepy image within! =I

Well it seems the Aussies are experimenting on treatment for the blind. This early, early treatment would only work for folks with their optic nerves intact. The article is optimistic that in the future it'd be possible to do direct brain stimulation to help folks lacking the nerves.

Quote:
The stimulation achieved so far is extremely limited, but researcher Vivek Chowdhury said it was enough to spark a tearful response from his first successful patient when she saw a single spot of light after years of darkness.
This little paragraph gave me a little smile =) Good to see there's hope in giving blind folks the ability to see, even if limited.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:20 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 08:20 AM #2 of 5
Quote:
Coroneo said the prototype bionic eye was a low-risk device for patients because it sat on the eye's surface and did not require invasive surgery
The image still looks pretty damn invasive to me. Looks painful as heck. Good news for those with sight problem though. From how this is going, it seems like no one would even need glasses anymore in the future. =o

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 07:39 PM #3 of 5
That's lasic surgery that'd do away with glasses. This is intended to help folks who can't really see anything period. Won't give them miracle 20x20 vision but it'll give them primitive means of sight.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 11:26 PM #4 of 5
Good to see they're making progress in this field. Now, I wonder what we could do to help the deaf...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 09:32 PM #5 of 5
The future is underway!

I'm kind of wondering how much anesthetic they had to use to knock out the person (if that was an option). That eye socket's elasticity is getting pushed to the limit right there.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Bionic Eye Project test results! Science is cool stuff ain't it? =o