Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Superman Returns

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 04:05 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 01:05 AM #226 of 232
I just got back from this. I really thought Brandon Mumblemumble had Clark Kent nailed. He really reminded me that Clark is supposed to be NERD-1, which is really most of his disguise.

I however, did not think Kate Bosworth was a good choice for Lois Lane. She didn't fit in with my mental image of Lois, and while she did a pretty good job with the role, seeing her as Lois was quite distracting throughout the film.

Also, I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this, but I was underwhelmed by the score. I particularly was surprised that the intro stacatto notes to the theme were quoted more often than the actual fanfare itself. It seemed like Superman's motif in the movie wasn't the fanfare, but those stacatto notes, which I thought lessened the impact of the score. I absolutely love the score to the first movie, by the way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:20 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 02:20 PM #227 of 232
Watched this last night, and really enjoyed it. Like many have already said, I thought Routh did a great job playing as Superman/Clark Kent. Though, it didn't seem like he had much in terms of lines (however, when he did, he sure sounded a lot like Reeve). Anyway, I liked how they kept the opening credits similar to the first movie (only have seen the original, has yet to find time for the sequels). One thing I thought that they did well was Superman flying (compared to the original), you really got a sense of speed (eg. the part when he flew out of Daily Planet and quickly hit sonic boom), haha, and his cape actually flowing when he flew.

The plot was somewhat predictable. It would have been interesting to have seen the movie using Kevin Smith's script (which was based on the issue story arc where Superman was killed Doomday and reborn much more stronger). Haha, even though I'm pretty sure it would have turned out cheesy.

Has anyone seen this on the IMAX? Is it any good on the larger screen? Cause I was thinking seeing it there for a second viewing. Last time I saw a movie on the IMAX was Spider-man, and I could barely remember the experience on it.

BTW, wasn't the Spider-man 3 teaser supposed to be shown during the previews for Superman Returns?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 03:26 PM #228 of 232
Originally Posted by Hantei
BTW, wasn't the Spider-man 3 teaser supposed to be shown during the previews for Superman Returns?
It played before my viewing. Some can argue this trailer was better than the movie that came after.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 04:20 PM #229 of 232
Originally Posted by Hantei
Has anyone seen this on the IMAX? Is it any good on the larger screen? Cause I was thinking seeing it there for a second viewing. Last time I saw a movie on the IMAX was Spider-man, and I could barely remember the experience on it.
The IMAX experience was great. Aside from the visual and audio quality the 3D scenes were quite cool. Some scenes didn't work or the effect wasn't that great (Flashback of Young Clark on the farm) while the others were memorable (The 777 rescue, creation of New Krypton & the sinking of the Gertrude).

They also showed trailers for The Ant Bully and Happy Feet before the film which threw me off because as soon as the "The Following Preview..." notice came up the whole picture went out of focus. Apparently the staff failed to mention that the previews would be in 3D too. :eyebrow:

Most amazing jew boots
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:58 AM #230 of 232
One word for this movie, BORING!!! I love comic movies but this one put me to sleep. There was more silience in this movie than anything else. The only good action scene was the plane crash and Lex Luthor and Kitty were ultra lame I thought.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 01:17 PM #231 of 232
Originally Posted by DATAGONK
I just got back from this. I really thought Brandon Mumblemumble had Clark Kent nailed. He really reminded me that Clark is supposed to be NERD-1, which is really most of his disguise.

I however, did not think Kate Bosworth was a good choice for Lois Lane. She didn't fit in with my mental image of Lois, and while she did a pretty good job with the role, seeing her as Lois was quite distracting throughout the film.

Also, I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this, but I was underwhelmed by the score. I particularly was surprised that the intro stacatto notes to the theme were quoted more often than the actual fanfare itself. It seemed like Superman's motif in the movie wasn't the fanfare, but those stacatto notes, which I thought lessened the impact of the score. I absolutely love the score to the first movie, by the way.
I totally agree with your points. I loved how Brandon played Clark Kent, I wish there were more scenes with Clark, because I thought he was so cute. I love nerds like him. <3

Kate Bosworth was too young and not very aggressive. She did a decent job, but somehow I even though Kitty might have a better "look" for Lois than Kate did, but Kitty wasn't pretty enough. Kate reminded me a bit of Natalie Portman, don't really picture them as Pulitzer prize winning journalists.

The main Superman theme carried the movie music wise.. I didn't hear anything else that was all that inspiring. Good movie overall, liked it better than Pirates 2 at least.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 03:25 PM #232 of 232
I personally found the movie to be hyped up. The effects were awsome but the movie as a whole really dissapointed me.
Spoiler:

Maybe becuase this movie didn't have the "battle of the super powers" that many other comic movies have nowadays. Sure the kryptonite almost had him but all in all, superman was nearly invincible.
So you know nothing surprising was going to happen.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Superman Returns