Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:00 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 01:00 AM #126 of 137
I started this game a few days ago, been playing it on and off. The touch gameplay is probably the best control scheme I've seen on a DS title thusfar. Just finished the second major dungeon.

And God's balls; this game throws a lot of cash at you.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2007, 09:44 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2007, 08:44 PM #127 of 137
You get more stamina (total amount of hearts for your ship) if you use more parts from the same set. I don't know if there's a big bonus for completing a set (still missing the right cannon) but extra hitpoints sure are nice.

Keeps things fresh anyway.
No bonuses, aside from getting super stamina.

All the sets aside from Linebeck's should put you at 7 stamina, with the final Golden Ship set putting you at 8.

FELIPE NO
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Oct 20, 2007, 11:04 PM #128 of 137
Have any of you guys (and gals) played the battle mode online? That alone makes this a great game. Im trying to win new ship parts via the trading option but it seems like the people i play with never have anything to trade.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:22 AM #129 of 137
I started this game a few days ago, been playing it on and off. The touch gameplay is probably the best control scheme I've seen on a DS title thusfar. Just finished the second major dungeon.

And God's balls; this game throws a lot of cash at you.
I thought so too, until I saw just how much they're charging for several items and then you go from "Woohoo! Loads of cash!" to "Damn, I gotta go cut some grass".

Just finished the Isle of the Dead, and I'm just going around getting the two or three treasure spots I missed. Only thing I can say about the sailing in this game is: J-J-Jolene. I don't even run from her, I just dodge the shots and head toward her ship. Easy to dispatch and be on my way.

No one spoil anything about whatever's going on there.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:35 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2007, 11:35 AM #130 of 137
Have any of you guys (and gals) played the battle mode online? That alone makes this a great game. Im trying to win new ship parts via the trading option but it seems like the people i play with never have anything to trade.
I've played half a dozen games of it, maybe, and with one exception, everyone's quit out before they lose. It's typical nwifi horsefuck. Maybe we could get some real games going on here though. Is there af riend code page for this game on the wiki?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:45 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 02:45 AM #131 of 137
^That'd be nice.
Oh, and what would a Zelda game be without grass-cutting? Sorry, can't think of anything witty to follow up with right now :P

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:52 AM #132 of 137
Oh man, that put a smile on my face. I finally figured out what the hell I was supposed to do with the "Hero's Clothes" that I got from that Thank You-guy. Though it seems like the earliest you could do it would be after getting the last sea chart.

"Hero's Clothes" go to the sword training guy, then he gives you a Telescope (actually a Kaleidoscope, who knew) which belongs to the travelers in the second last sea chart, then the guard notebook goes to the Hero's brother. The last one stumped me for a bit, since it was a wood heart and I tried taking it to the Gorons, but not good. Then I checked the map and there was another Traveler's ship out there.

It was that Wayfarer clown from Banaan island, and there you give him the heart after an amusing talk about his relationship with the "mermaid" and then he tells you to check back at his house for a reward.

Spin-attack, all crazy-like as it was in WW. Definitely amusing and not as boring as the trade quest from WW.

Edit: Oh and I turned into Goro-Sphere yesterday and wound up playing that damn game to the point where I was making way more than I was losing (not to mention another Bombchu bag and some awesome ship parts). Skills, you want to do that Battle thing? I only want to do it so I can get some Big Plays. I heard it unlocks ship parts, so I'm gonna find out for myself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Oct 23, 2007 at 09:56 AM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:00 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 01:00 PM #133 of 137
Heh, you wanna boost for big plays? I suppose we could do that. You can get them fine from friend matches?

PM me your friend code or something.

How ya doing, buddy?
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2007, 05:07 AM #134 of 137
Does anybody else think that Link's face after he gets an item looks like the Chesire cat?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2007, 08:43 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2007, 06:43 PM #135 of 137
I got my quill stylus (along with my Wii rubbers, har har) today in the mail. The stylus is in a nice little box. It's a glossy... sort of stretched out matchbox cover that holds another little white box that contains the stylus in some black cushioning stuff. The cover's background is a sea chart with part of a compass rose, and that fairy flying in the foreground.

The stylus looks great. In case you were wondering, it's too big to fit into the DS stylus slot, and too small for the DS Lite's. It'll jiggle around and fall out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:14 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2007, 03:14 PM #136 of 137
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Friend Codes - GFWiki

Everyone throw their friend codes in here.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:51 PM #137 of 137
Finally finished this game after putting it off for so long. Not a bad ending and it was satisfying that GANON IS NOT IN THIS GAME AT ALL. If they were to make another DS Zelda game like this I'd most definitely buy it. I wish it was easier to get ship parts though. <3 Beedle forever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass