Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Grand-Poopah of all Mario Soundtracks is on Ebay

Lucas-AMN
King of the x27 Combo

Member 2744

Level 9.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:47 PM #1 of 24
The Grand-Poopah of all Mario Soundtracks is on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-MARIO-1-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

No, I'm not trying to Spam the sale of this....well, yes I am, but it's not mine. PLEASE, if there is somebody who is either loaded, or can get a group of people to contribute, somebody has got to nail this and rip it for the game music community. Its the Super Mario World Complete Music Collection ~ Fun Together with Beyer / Piano Solo. There are supposed to be only 700 copies, and it's all Mario piano arrangment music. This is not the SMW 2-Disc AST/OST set that's on about every FTP here.

I don't think anybody has this or has ripped it. If I am wrong, please correct me. Either way, is there anybody here who can get this?

How ya doing, buddy?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:21 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 08:21 PM #2 of 24
Wouldn't this basically be an Audio Request?

Other then that though, I'm interested in it. It'd seems like an interesting. Unfortunately, I only currently have $15...and I plan on using it to eat soon. Props to anyone who actually buys it for the community though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:12 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 08:12 PM #3 of 24
Hey mate, you should post this at the SlightlyDark.com message board. They specialize in rare and out-of-print VGM and a fair number of GFFers are there.

I've never heard of this either... so someone really needs to pick this up. I can't afford it myself, but I do know that the seller resides mainly at the Chudah's Corner message board. Unfortunately there's no filesharing allowed there.

For anyone that's wondering, there is NO connection between this and the "XOC~ Super Mario World OST Arranged". That album has 21 tracks while this has 75.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:57 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 04:57 PM #4 of 24
wow, two million. I guess it's really as rare as hell... anyway, the catalog is ACD-1142

googling it wont bring us anywhere though. Even though this is rare, dont be too hyped about it. This was published by DoReMi, so I'm sure the arrangement is not that great. probably similar to dragon quest on piano series.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 07:36 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 02:36 PM #5 of 24
It would be nice to pick this up sometime. But buying it, or anything else for that matter, from this particular seller is not something I can recommend unless you don't mind wasting your money.

This cd actually pops up on Yahoo! Japan Autions every now and then, and if you're actually willing to pay in the hundreds for it you should have no problems getting a copy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:02 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 12:02 PM #6 of 24
S/he's a bad seller seanne? I've contemplated buying from him/her before, but I never did. You've had bad experiences?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:49 PM #7 of 24
Guys, that's a Doremi publication. I'm wondering if it is possibly sheet music as opposed to an audio recording. It doesn't exactly look like a CD to me.

:edit: Ok, it does say it is an audio recording that is made off of the Doremi arrangement of the Super Mario tunes. If nobody can afford the disc, possibly somebody can get a hold of the Doremi sheets and make a recording of it. I'm sure there are some concert hall piano enthusiasts who woudl be more than obliged to help out the greater Gamingforce.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Traumatized Rat; Aug 21, 2006 at 01:54 PM.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 02:40 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 08:40 PM #8 of 24
Originally Posted by seanne
from this particular seller is not something I can recommend unless you don't mind wasting your money.
Her rating says something else, though ô_o

200 bucks for a soundtrack is pretty gross, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 11:46 PM #9 of 24
Originally Posted by Colonel Skills
S/he's a bad seller seanne? I've contemplated buying from him/her before, but I never did. You've had bad experiences?
I don't think she is a bad seller, per se, Skills. It seems like most of the people buying from her are happy and all. It's just that her prices, most of the time, are pretty extreme and way above what the album in question will generally go for.

Originally Posted by Musharraf
Her rating says something else, though ô_o
Well, so does the ratings of some people on eBay who sell nothing but cheap bootlegs.

Ignorance is bliss.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:26 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 06:26 PM #10 of 24
Just a heads-up, SlightlyDark.com has this album on their website now.

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 07:58 PM #11 of 24
Could somebody get that and post the complete album on a sendspace/yousendit/whatever link?

I hate the tedious process of selecting and saving everything one at a time to a folder.

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 07:02 PM #12 of 24
Um, sure, I'll send it later through PM. Unless this gets moved to Audio Requests, I don't want to crap this up any longer.

Most amazing jew boots
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 05:19 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 12:19 PM #13 of 24
Originally Posted by vuigun
Could somebody get that and post the complete album on a sendspace/yousendit/whatever link?

I hate the tedious process of selecting and saving everything one at a time to a folder.
looooooooooooooool

The spoiled-internet-kids symptoms are getting worse.

Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:55 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 12:55 PM #14 of 24
I have sampled through most of the tracks, so I can give a supposed judgment on such album. I'm not an expert musician by any means, but it is true that the arrangements here feel minimalistic and weak.

For instance, I was expecting quite a jazzy performance in SMW's ending theme, but I was ultimately turned down by the linear structure its rendition sports on this compilation.

So, it is fine and all, but not grandiose by any extent.

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:03 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 07:03 PM #15 of 24
Just as I said

Originally Posted by eriol33
Even though this is rare, dont be too hyped about it. This was published by DoReMi, so I'm sure the arrangement is not that great. probably similar to dragon quest on piano series.
and yes, I was right. But big thanks to Squirell, at least this album could be enjoyed by everyone, regardless how simplistic the arrangement is.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by niki
looooooooooooooool

The spoiled-internet-kids symptoms are getting worse.
I think he's just a noob that doesnt aware a technology called download manager.

FELIPE NO
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Last edited by eriol33; Sep 12, 2006 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 08:06 AM #16 of 24
Well, even if the music may not be that great, at least we have an mp3 rip available now. It's quite better than nothing.

It actually only takes a few minutes to download an album off SD, if you're on a broadband connection. ;___;

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:21 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 08:21 AM #17 of 24
Why does one need sendspace for this when the whole soundtrack can be downloaded with a few clicks right off the Slightly Dark website?!

No offense to the person who suggested this, but this whole "can you upload it to sendspace so I dont have to learn how to use FTP's or am too lazy to click links and use a download manager" bit is starting to get pretty damn annoying...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dubble; Sep 12, 2006 at 10:20 AM.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:47 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 09:47 PM #18 of 24
oh, I dont mind about uploadin' the album to sendspace. sooner or later, someone should post this at ffshrine so it will be added to GH in future =P

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 09:22 AM #19 of 24
I know. I guess I'm just moreso annoyed that people can't even be bothered to click links or something. Ignore me, this is way off topic and I'm in a mood or something right now. XD

oddigy
SB0240

Member 2818

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 02:16 PM #20 of 24
Originally Posted by eriol33
oh, I dont mind about uploadin' the album to sendspace. sooner or later, someone should post this at ffshrine so it will be added to GH in future =P
yeah, so the pedophile who runs the place can benefit even more from outrageous ad revenue.
also. oops, their forums are down. :x

regarding princess-isabela ...I've never dealt with her/him, and her/his seller rating sure speaks for itself, but I have had the misfortune to see him/her take part in some pretty hilarious flame wars over on STC, and he/she was doing this thing for a while, selling fixed price listings on eBay where he/she would list an item at the typical insane price for a while, then a few hours before it ended, lower the price to one cent if it hadn't sold and cancel the listing - screwing ebay out of listing fees. Not particularly honest. Someone who obviously takes advantage of loopholes doesn't really stand high on my list of morally sound individuals.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by oddigy; Sep 12, 2006 at 03:18 PM.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 04:51 PM #21 of 24
Dear Non-enablers.

Please Bite Me. Really, please.

I can be lazy if I damn well please. Forgive me for not wanting to right click 72 times. (After doing it about 300 times while picking up some Sonic soundtracks) I'd rather not relieve it again, thank you very much.

I guess that gives you the right to make fun of that laziness as well, too. ...Carry On!

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:34 PM #22 of 24
I have only dealt with her once or twice I believe, but aside from the really high prices, I haven't had any problems.

At any rate, sounds like a cool, yet interesting album.

eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 09:10 AM #23 of 24
Originally Posted by vuigun
Dear Non-enablers.

Please Bite Me. Really, please.

I can be lazy if I damn well please. Forgive me for not wanting to right click 72 times. (After doing it about 300 times while picking up some Sonic soundtracks) I'd rather not relieve it again, thank you very much.

I guess that gives you the right to make fun of that laziness as well, too. ...Carry On!
go to www.flashget.com and get yourself a download manager.

How ya doing, buddy?

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Sep 13, 2006, 07:51 AM #24 of 24
Dear eriol.

You can bite me the hardest. I refuse to download that.

...I've downloaded it now! Thanks, should make life easier.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > The Grand-Poopah of all Mario Soundtracks is on Ebay