Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DnD] Let's Cast Magic Missile!
Closed Thread

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 05:28 PM 2 1 #1 of 4001
Question Let's Cast Magic Missile!

Signup and discussion

I handle most of the rules considerations. If you try to do something illegal, I'll usually just drop you a note in this thread and give you the opportunity to edit your actions.

5 players at a time maximum. As characters die or players drop out, the next one in the queue slots in.

At the absolute minimum, you pick a race and a class. That's all the character design work you absolutely need to do.

If you'd prefer to actually assemble the character yourself instead of relying on my good graces, use the official Character Builder: (Ongoing Free Trial). It will walk you through the process and is extremely painless compared to assembling the character manually. While it's not hard to find a cracked version if you know where to look, just ask me and I'll probably share my account with you.

RACES

Bladeling, Bugbear, Bullywug, Changeling, Deva, Dragonborn

Drow, Duergar, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Genasi

Githyanki, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Goliath

Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling, Human, Hobgoblin, Kalashtar

Kenku, Kobold, Longtooth Shifter, Minotaur, Orc, Razorclaw Shifter

Revenant, Shadar-Kai, Tiefling, Warforged, Wilden

CLASSES

Ardent, Artificer, Assassin, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard

Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Invoker, Monk, Paladin

Psion, Ranger, Rogue, Seeker, Shaman, Sorcerer

Swordmage, Warden, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard

Hybrid Classes

Mix the class features of two classes together in a horrifying stew of possible incompetence. Create a classic Fighter/Thief or any other class combination! Add a multiclass feat to your Hybrid to dip into three classes at once, if you're an insane person.

The Ardent, Artificer, Assassin, Monk, Psion, and Seeker defy hybridization at this time.

CURRENT ROSTER

Garr: Garrmondo Alkatraz (Wiki) Human Fighter

AcerBandit: Gordok of Zark (Wiki) Halfling Hybrid Druid/Warlock

Skexis: Gheth McGarnigal (Wiki) Dragonborn Cleric of Avandra

Colonel Skills: Glockenspiel McSteelChest (Wiki) Warforged Bard

Zergrinch: Cal Amah of Rhee (Wiki) Changeling Ranger

RETIRED CHARACTERS

Zephyrin: Fescue Totengeld, Human Rogue. Sought the Amulet of Yendor.

a_lurker: Brigid Conmara, Halfling Cleric of Melora. Poisoned to death by spiders.

Bradylama: Argumentus of Hamfist, Human Fighter. Retired from adventuring.

Denicalis: Gabriel Sledgehammer, Dwarven Paladin of Kord. First and last practitioner of Nude Cliff Tobogganing.

knkwzrd: Motsognir the Subgenius, Dwarven Warlord. Faustian bargain caught up with him.

Shin: Scary Bob, Elven Wizard. Can see dead people, be dead people.

LeHah: Delic Swagger, Human Fighter. Existed only as a split personality.

Dubble: Puns MacKenzie, Gnome Rogue. Eaten by a Grue.

POSSIBLE RESERVES

Zephyrin - Some Dude (Again)
Hawkeye (Eladrin Rogue)
wvlfpvp - Virgil Hatherborne (Watersoul Genasi Swordmage)
packrat - Robin (Warforged Warlock)
Soluzar, maybe?
Araes
a lurker again probably
Maris (I did promise)
Denicalis might have more free time next time
orion_mk3 (was busy, try again later)
Shin and his Minotaur
knk and his wonderful magical beard
ninjaguydan
CetteHamsterLa (questionable availability, try later)

RESOURCES

It should go without saying, but these links are for GFF use only. If I see referrers from any other sites downloading these, they'll be gone. It's not difficult by any means to find these elsewhere, but I provide them for your convenience.

HIDDEN TO GUESTS. Register and make yourself known.

This content has been hidden by the poster
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this hidden content. The conditions are: 5 posts

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by The unmovable stubborn; Feb 7, 2009 at 06:25 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 05:32 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 04:32 PM #2 of 4001
This concept of Superfly Johnson intrigues me. Tell me more.

I'd be down for this, though I haven't played D&D for fucking years. I've got the 4th edition books downloaded, though. When would you want to start? If we have a week or so, I can do my own characters. lvl 1 creation? If you need it sooner than that, sure. A Dwarf with a huge warhammer seems spiffy.

cheetos, mountain dew, virginity etc.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Jun 27, 2008 at 05:34 PM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 05:44 PM 1 1 #3 of 4001
This concept of Superfly Johnson intrigues me. Tell me more.
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:
(Yeah, 1st level. How soon I need it largely depends on how long it takes to find enough people — which is to say you probably have plenty of time.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 07:46 PM #4 of 4001
I'm intrigued by the fairy aspect of things. And also the righteous bastard aspect of things. Anyway one could be a fairy paladin? =o Flitting around on gossamer wings smiting sodomites sounds fun.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 07:56 PM 1 #5 of 4001
Well, when I say "fairy" this is less Tinkerbell and more Titania & Oberon, so no wings. Limited teleport, though, so there is still flitting.

Most amazing jew boots
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:04 PM #6 of 4001
What if you were a sassbox fairy? Can you teleport over people and sit on them?

edit: actually what I'm asking here is what mood you're going for? Is this going to be entirely tongue in cheek, sardonic and ridiculous, or were aiming for this to be serious?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:13 PM #7 of 4001
Well, the problem with being "tongue-in-cheek" per se is that not everybody is good at that and I think I would rather avoid having the whole thing devolve into Monty Python quotes. But I don't think being grim and frostbitten about the whole thing is going to be any fun either so as long as we can avoid turning into Rocky Horror: Orc Dorks Edition, go nuts

How ya doing, buddy?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:15 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 07:15 PM #8 of 4001
I have enough time to waste to sign up for something like this.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 09:02 PM #9 of 4001
I've never played D&D before but I've played final fantasy and have seen fantasy book covers / van paintings. Is this enough knowledge?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 09:04 PM #10 of 4001
I am fairly sure that zero knowledge would be enough knowledge

Old Jun 27, 2008, 09:44 PM #11 of 4001
Bullshit. 4th Edition?! How am I going to have my dwarf bard, Pang? Huh?!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 09:59 PM #12 of 4001
I've only ever played a little 1st edition, using books passed down and venerated through generations. The names of dozens of deceased characters are inscribed inside the covers like a family Bible, from poor yousuc to mighty PhilJr.

I understand that the latest editions of the rules remove all race-based constraints on class? That's the perfect opportunity to create some bizarre combinations, like a halfling fighter specializing in polearms or a tiefling paladin that's always suicidal. Sounds neat; I'm interested.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:27 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 10:27 PM #13 of 4001
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: (Yeah, 1st level. How soon I need it largely depends on how long it takes to find enough people — which is to say you probably have plenty of time.)
It hit SUCK IT DOWN and I just burst out laughing. All right. Monday I'm going to write up a character. If you get enough people before then, just go Dwarf Fighter with a Hammer and a can-do attitude.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Elmoogle
Review your CD, slacker!

Member 174

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:42 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 01:42 AM #14 of 4001
I've always dreamed of being nerdy enough to actually play D&D, but all my friends were always in the middle of a fifteen year campaign or something so I couldn't join. Can you make my dreams come true Pang?

This picture of a My Little Pony represents my failure to review the Mix CD that was sent to me. Like this image, I am a shining beacon of shame and disgrace.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:43 AM #15 of 4001
No, your friends were just being jerks.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:47 AM #16 of 4001
Seriously, how long does it take to say Oh hey you guys meet some gnome in a tavern, deal with it

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Magus-Cie
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31014

Level 3.52

Jun 2008

Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:41 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2008, 11:41 PM #17 of 4001
I'd like to get in on this. I have enough time myself to get into this sorta thing, and I got alot of experience with 3.5.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 03:08 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 02:08 AM #18 of 4001
I'd like to get in on this. I have enough time myself to get into this sorta thing, and I got alot of experience with 3.5.
I'm sorry. You're overqualified for the position you've requested. We'd prefer to hire useless summer students for half your wage.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:04 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 04:04 AM #19 of 4001
I've been awarded a certificate of retardation by the crown, but unlike most other mentally challenged my underdeveloped frontal lobes make me give punches instead of hugs. My name is Argumentus of Hamfist.

This is my character profile and also what I look like IRL (In Real Life):
Spoiler:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Bradylama; Jun 28, 2008 at 04:17 AM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:52 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 03:52 PM 1 #20 of 4001
If Brady and Deni are playing, this looks like it could be fun. I played D&D a bit until we got hold of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay but I spent a good few years playing that and Rifts so, yeah, count me in.

Two fighters so far so I'll be a wizard, an elf one at that. My character is called Scary Bob and dreams of becoming a necromancer one day and raising an army of the undead to do his bidding, mainly because when he was growing up the other elves thought he was weird and wouldn't play with him. Athough he added the monicer "Scary" himself, he dreams of one day being known far and wide as something like Bob the Mentalist or Bob the Despoiler. Wears a lot of black and eyeliner.

Most amazing jew boots
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:10 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 08:10 AM #21 of 4001
I am officially (I hope) signed up.

I'll go with 'backstabber/kleptomaniac".

I know that's not much a role to play for me, but you can devise any other details for me to make me have to put forth effort.

I'll pick up the rest as I go along.

I was speaking idiomatically.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:06 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 10:06 AM #22 of 4001
I am Motsognir The Subgenius, a Dwarven Warlord, and I am clever as fuck.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:32 AM #23 of 4001
I want in goddamn it. But I'm stuck remembering 2nd Edition, so I think I'd just end up seriously confused.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:15 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 05:15 PM #24 of 4001
Think of it like a computer game and Pang embodies the soulless calculating power of the cpu as the GM. If you want to play to win you aren't playing right.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:23 PM #25 of 4001
If I can't be a dwarf bard then I require a random character. Preferably not an elf. Come on you scalawags.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement > [DnD] Let's Cast Magic Missile!