Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Mexicans Flee the Country in Record Numbers

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 01:02 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 01:02 AM #1 of 5
Mexicans Flee the Country in Record Numbers

Dobbs Tells Friends He's Considering Run -- Political Wire
Quote:
We noted the speculation earlier this week and now John Fund reports that friends of CNN anchor Lou Dobbs "say he is seriously contemplating" a presidential bid, "although it's still unlikely."

"They spin a scenario under which the acerbic commentator would parachute into the race if Michael Bloomberg, the New York billionaire and favorite of East Coast elites, enters the field as an independent. With Hillary Clinton continuing to score badly in polls in the categories of honesty and integrity, and with the public's many doubts about Rudy Giuliani and other GOP contenders, Mr. Bloomberg may well see an opportunity to roil the political waters by entering the race late. If so, Mr. Dobbs then sees a niche for a 'fourth-party' candidate who could paint the three other contenders as completely out of touch."

"His playbook would be similar to that of Ross Perot in 1992, who didn't enter the presidential race until the major parties began holding their primaries but quickly shot up to 25% in many polls."
Originally Posted by Lou Dobbs
I believe that independent Americans will demand a far better choice than any of the candidates now seeking their party's nomination. I believe next November's surprise will be the election of a man or woman of great character, vision and accomplishment, a candidate who has not yet entered the race.
url
Dobbs Is Advertising for Himself - WSJ.com
Quote:
Mr. Dobbs himself once told me that "Q" ratings that measure the popularity of media personalities found that no other media figure was more respected across the board by Democrats, Republicans and Independents. He claimed he was striking a chord with the broad middle class that transcended ideology.
Lou Dobbs '08! CEASEFIRE IN THE WAR ON THE MIDDLE CLASS
Spoiler:
kill wetbacks

Wadda you think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:36 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 05:36 AM #2 of 5
If you pay attention to him (or any other politicians) it only encourages him?

Seriously, that was the first thing off the top of my head.

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:18 AM #3 of 5
I honestly cannot envision a scenario in which voting for an acerbic media pundit would be a good idea. Though I'm certain Dobbs' opinions naturally run to the right, it's his job to represent a conservative perspective, he draws a larger audience by playing up to the red crowd. His occupation can be summarized by the term "professional complainer", just like every other talking head with his or her own politically slanted news talk show. This is not presidential timber.

Of course, I'm having trouble envisioning a scenario in which voting for any of the candidates seems like a good idea. I'm considering the merits of an anarch state and have begun hoarding dried meats, medicines and gasoline to be used as currency in the dystopian future.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 09:37 AM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 09:37 AM #4 of 5
Dobbs isn't just a conservative pundit anymore, he's striking a broad chord across ideologies because it turns out that xenophobia and racism don't belong to any one political group.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:42 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 05:42 PM #5 of 5
Dobbs isn't just a conservative pundit anymore, he's striking a broad chord across ideologies because it turns out that xenophobia and racism don't belong to any one political group.
Fascism is born out of populism.

I've long since given up on anything to do with the federal government, but instead of hoarding I just focus on what's politically happening locally. I should probably hoard and build a fall out / bomb shelter though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Mexicans Flee the Country in Record Numbers