Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 01:17 AM #476 of 1376
Well, if there's some way to buy metal CDs aside from importing them, I'll buy CDs. I have a local print of Cradle of Filth's Principle of Evil Made Flesh, that's the closest thing I can get to a "real" metal cd. Most of the stuff in here are either boot copies, or burned mp3s sold as "cds". So for now, I resort to mp3s/oggs/other audio format.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spinal Tap
Syklis Green

Member 2060

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:11 PM #477 of 1376
I'm sure anyone who's interested has heard them already, but you can listen to some new songs of Iron Maiden's next album at www.ironmaiden.com.

Different Worlds will be the album opener, and it's about the same quality as Wildest Dreams on DOD... good, very listenable, catchy, but nothing mind blowing.

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns on the other hand is excellent... truly an epic and not canned epic like some of the longer songs on BNW and DOD felt to me.
It wouldn't sound out of place of Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, and imo is amongst their most quality songs since that album.
Gives me great hope for the next album.

I also like how all 3 songs released so far have a cohesive feel and sound, like the 80's albums... BNW and DOD's songs were all over the place.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 06:44 PM #478 of 1376
That's funny. I thought these three songs were boring, forgettable, and pretty much worse than the worst filler tracks of the last two albums.

Unless the rest of the album is totally killer (read: not gonna happen), the album will be a complete turd.

To say that any of these songs is even close to the worst song off Seventh Son is complete blasphemy. Ugh, that's possibly my favourite album, these songs are nowhere close.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 02:04 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 11:04 AM #479 of 1376
What do you guys think of gimmicks in metal music, or just music in general? For example-

Gwar with their crazy out of this world costumes and story behind them
Avenged Sevenfold with...well whatever the hell they have going for them
Manson- With the outragious stage antics and putting good with evil.

Speaking of that though, any of you have opinions on the band Lordi? I have just heard "Blood Red Sandman" a few days ago and I instantly went out and ordered their album.

FELIPE NO

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:24 PM #480 of 1376
Hey I'm all for gimmicks. When I go to a live concert, I want to see a damn SHOW, not just an album being played. I have a stereo at home for that .

Of course, that might just be because of my love for Queen .

Also (this is a request =/) if anybody could track down these 3 Haggard demo albums for me, I would love you .

Introduction
Progressive
Once... Upon a December's Dawn

I've been trying to find them, with absolutely no luck at all.

I have 4 unnamed tracks in my Haggard folder that I got from a friend at college (he's from South America where they are really popular) and I think they might be from their "Progressive" demo. I'd like the others though, too, because I think their early sound is absolutely incredible. It's more of an angry sound maybe? Lol, hard for me to describe. Anyway, it isn't as mellowed out as their newer stuff is (which don't get me wrong, I still love it).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; Aug 18, 2006 at 03:32 PM.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 04:22 PM #481 of 1376
Originally Posted by Living Legend
Gwar with their crazy out of this world costumes and story behind them.

Speaking of that though, any of you have opinions on the band Lordi? I have just heard "Blood Red Sandman" a few days ago and I instantly went out and ordered their album.

I think Gwar's act has gone beyond a gimmick at this point. It's an institution. Most entertaining show in metal in my opinion. Also, their albums are getting better as they age.

Lordi, as has been stated by Oderus Urungus, is but an imitation which needs to be destroyed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:38 PM #482 of 1376
Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide.
http://www.dissection.nu/frames.htm

Well, damn. He hadn't contributed anything ever since he was incarcerated, but he still made two absolutely awesome albums. Enjoy your anti-cosmic Luciferian fire, you crazy bastard. \m/

There's nowhere I can't reach.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2006, 07:50 PM #483 of 1376
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide.
http://www.dissection.nu/frames.htm

Well, damn. He hadn't contributed anything ever since he was incarcerated, but he still made two absolutely awesome albums. Enjoy your anti-cosmic Luciferian fire, you crazy bastard. \m/

Oh hell, that news ruined a good day.

In any case, thanks for the entertaining obit. link, Morrigan.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2006, 02:31 AM #484 of 1376
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
Lordi, as has been stated by Oderus Urungus, is but an imitation which needs to be destroyed.
Imitation true, needs to be destroyed not quite. They're WAAAY more glam than Gwar, and some of their stuff is just too rockable to not enjoy.

Most amazing jew boots
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2006, 01:18 AM #485 of 1376
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
Oh hell, that news ruined a good day.

In any case, thanks for the entertaining obit. link, Morrigan.
NP. I am a tad skeptical about the claims in the obituary, at how he "fulfilled his destiny"... what, his destiny was to finally get out of jail and release a mediocre album that disappointed everyone? Haha, Jon's probably that delusional though... what with his anti-cosmic satanic metal of death.

If I believed in the afterlife, I'd tell him to say hello to Quorthon for me.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 07:14 PM #486 of 1376
Quote:
DISSECTION Frontman Shot Himself In Head As Part Of Ritual Suicide - Aug. 19, 2006
Swedish heavy metal musician Jon Nödtveidt, 31, was found dead on Wednesday, August 16 at his apartment in Hässelby, a suburb of Stockholm. He shot himself in the head and was surrounded by lit candles, Expressen reports. Shortly before the ritual suicide, he had sent farewell letters to his father and his girlfriend and explained to a friend, "I'm going away for a long, long time. I'm going to Transylvania."

Sometime between Monday (Aug. 14) and Wednesday, Nödveidt, vocalist and guitarist in the popular Swedish black metal band DISSECTION, chose to take his own life.

At 7:21 p.m. CET on Wednesday, a police patrol reported to the police communication center in Stockholm that a man had been found dead, the apparent victim of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. According to several of Expressen's sources, the singer had placed an open copy of "The Satanic Bible" in front of him before pulling the trigger.

"He shot himself in the head and lay dead in a ring of lit candles," says a police source.

At 5:44 p.m. on Wednesday, the police received a 911 call from Jon Nödtveidt's family who hadn't been able to establish contact with him for a couple of days.

"They were very concerned," says his legal representative and manager, Per Nordqvist. "His girlfriend and his family called after their fears that something terrible had happened had been bolstered."

The reason for their concern was a farewell letter that Jon Nödveidt had sent to his girlfriend in Germany. His father, Anders Nödtveidt, had also received a postcard asking him to contact a number of people and thank them for everything.

"What it said is personal. I want to keep it to myself," Jon's father says of the postcard's contents.

"I met him in Stockholm just a week and a half ago. Everything seemed great then. I've always had good contact with Jon during his upbringing and throughout his adult life. I don't understand what has happened to make things turn out this way. This weighs even more heavily on us considering everything that has happened. This is very difficult for the entire family."

Jon Nödveidt's father likes the photo in which his son wears a black leather jacket and has asked for that picture to be published.

"It's a good photo. Jon thought so as well," says Anders Nödtveidt.

The suicide is believed to have been planned for a long time.

"At the scene there was also a will and a suicide note," a police source tells Expressen.

In December 1997, Jon Nödveidt was arrested for the murder of Josef Ben Meddaour and served seven years for accessory to murder and possession of an illegal firearm. The highly publicized murder in Gothenburg is depicted in the movie "Keillers Park". What has come to be known as "the Satanic murder" in Sweden has led to both a movie and a book.

"It affected me immensely," the movie's director, Susanna Edwards, tells Aftonbladet.

"Keillers Park", which is named after the park in Gothenburg where the murder took place, opened in theaters in Sweden in March 2006.

"Josef Ben Meddaour was a naive and open person with a big heart," says Edwards. "He was a victim of a grotesque act of homophobia."

The murder was also the basis for last year's "No Tears For Queers", a book about hate crimes by Swedish journalist and author Johan Hilton.

In 1997, at the time of the murder, Jon Nödtveidt explained that he lived in a world where Satan was *** and that they drank blood and sacrificed animals. On DISSECTION's web site he revealed that he was a member of MLO ? Misanthropic Luciferian Order.

On September 22, 2004, two weeks after his release from prison, Jon Nödveidt talked to Expressen about the murder and his time in prison.

"I want to put the murder behind me and move forward," he told the newspaper. "It feels like I'm a new person after my time in prison. The time before the incarceration feels like another life. I've been through so much since. I've become more mature, older and look at life and death in a totally new way."

When asked about the crimes he was convicted of, Nödtveidt said, "No matter how you twist and turn it, it can't be undone. What happened happened and I must move forward with my life. I have taken responsibility for my actions by having served my time in prison. I'm not proud of the fact that I have to watch my mother cry, but I'm working with new strength and look ahead."

When asked if he regrets what happened, Nödtveidt said, "Out of respect to the victim's family, I don't want to discuss what happened. The only thing I want to say is that I'm not proud of it."

Josef Ben Meddaour was a 37-year-old Algerian homosexual man who was killed by a shotgun blast to the head and the back.

"I'm absolutely not a racist," Jon Nödtveidt told the newspaper. "There's nothing that makes me more sad and upset than people who say things like that. These are people who know nothing about me. Everyone who knows me knows that I have friends, brothers and sisters from all over the world."

"Jon was an open person who enjoyed life," explains his manager, Per Nordqvist, to Expressen. "He was easy to get along with and very accomodating. Still, what happened happened and that is something you always carry with you one way or another. All people have baggage."

Per Nordqvist tells Aftonbladet that the suicide of his friend has left him feeling totally empty and that it's terribly saddening.

"I've spent the last few years collecting the rights to his music," Nordqvist tells Aftonbladet. "Jon felt that he was losing everything during the time he was incarcerated."

Johan Hargeby at the Swedish distribution company Sound Pollution worked closely with Jon Nödveidt for 15 years.

"I met him as late as Monday (Aug. 14) when he was here for a short meeting," Hargeby tells Expressen. "I am shocked and dismayed."
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=56732

...I want to call total bullshit on this, but I really don't know what to say.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 01:05 PM #487 of 1376
Why do you want to call bullshit on this?

I heard a little bit of Dissection. Decent black metal, however I don't mourn his death.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 03:11 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 08:11 PM #488 of 1376
I read up to the point where it said "Satanic Bible" and stopped.

I'm just praying that it's another case of the media blowing shit out of proportion.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:51 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 05:51 PM #489 of 1376
Originally Posted by Krelian
I read up to the point where it said "Satanic Bible" and stopped.

I'm just praying that it's another case of the media blowing shit out of proportion.

The Dissection homepage implied that Jon was a 'true Satanist'. Now as for what kind of Satanism I don't know, probably a form LaVeyism.

This kind of thing probably wouldn't be beyond him. Normally, if the media tried to finger Satanism on suicide, then yeah I would call bullshit, however this guy seems more tied to it than the average person.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:52 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 12:52 AM #490 of 1376
Lamb of God's new album, Sacrament, came out today. It seems a lot less disjointed than Ashes of the Wake. The songs seem to flow better, instead of skipping from one riff to another without much care about segueway between.

They seem to be taking more advantage of the benefits of studio production, and there's less of a stripped-down feel to the music that made Ashes and As the Palaces Burn so distinct. Overall, I'd say there's equal parts bad and good for classic LoG fans.

Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 05:57 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 10:57 AM #491 of 1376
I'd like to mention that I'd recommend Firewind's Allegiance to anyone. And a hat. Even if you're a power metal hater, it's not nearly as cheesy as the genre standard and it has all the hallmarks of "power metal done right." If you're going to download a single track make it Deliverance, masterpiece.

I'm also greatly looking forwards to Falconer's new album. They've got the old vocalist back apparently, and I've heard a single track (because I'm a pirate like that, arrr) and they're definitely back on full form after the embarassments that were the last two albums.

my generation's lost its patience playing with the world within
accelerated saturation out of our minds on saccharin
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 10:36 AM #492 of 1376
Originally Posted by Skexis
Lamb of God's new album, Sacrament, came out today. It seems a lot less disjointed than Ashes of the Wake. The songs seem to flow better, instead of skipping from one riff to another without much care about segueway between.

They seem to be taking more advantage of the benefits of studio production, and there's less of a stripped-down feel to the music that made Ashes and As the Palaces Burn so distinct. Overall, I'd say there's equal parts bad and good for classic LoG fans.

I didn't care for the Phil Anselmo barking on Redneck. Does Randy Blythe keep that vocal styling throughout or does he still use his other death bark/growl?

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 05:33 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 05:33 PM #493 of 1376
Most of it is the classic growl, but he throws some of the Pantera-type growls into all the songs at various points. Add that to the other effects mixed in (echo and flange effects mostly) and it changes the band's sound a bit. Try listening to "Again We Rise" or "Descending" and see if you like it.

I'll have to get some repeat listens in before I make a final judgment, but I'd say it's worth a buy. It definitely has some new things about it that may bother fans, though.

Spinal Tap
Syklis Green

Member 2060

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:18 AM #494 of 1376
Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death has finally leaked.
It's truly their best since the late 80's imo.
Highlights are...

The Longest Day (they finally did a song about D-Day ... this one's just perfect, love the chorus, really captures the feel of the beach landings... the slow buildup symbolizes the boats approaching the coasts, then it goes heavy as the poor suckers are let loose on the beach)

For The Greater Good Of God (probably the most epic and dramatic track on the album... this is basically about holy wars and fighting in the name of god)

Lord Of Light (nice trippy intro, then turns into one of the thrashiest Maiden songs I've heard)

The Pilgrim (very awesome middle eastern themed song, again a kickass chorus and I love the arabian riffs)

These Colours Don't Run (pretty straight forward rocker, but the middle section is awesome, reminds me of Seventh Son with the riffs and synthesizers and all)

The Legacy (the weirdest song on the album, and one of the weirdest they've ever done... starts out very creepy, and ends with awesome riffs and vocals)

I'd give this album a 9/10... much, much more inspired than anything post Fear Of The Dark.

Last edited by Spinal Tap; Aug 24, 2006 at 11:22 AM.
Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 12:56 PM #495 of 1376
I've also listened a few times to Maidens latest now, and I must say I'm very impressed as well.

It has some of the Maiden stuff you've come to expect by now (long intros etc), but it's really quite different from their other stuff. It's not as catchy as some Maiden songs can be (well, a few songs are). It's more progressive.

Think a lot of people aren't going to like this one at all, but then again, opinions have differed on Brave new world (which I thought was mediocre) and Dance of Death (which I thought was good) as well.
I really believe this could be one of Maidens best ever, though it's a bit early to tell.

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 05:39 PM #496 of 1376
It's fucking boring. The worst since... well, Fear of the Dark, probably.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:41 AM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 11:41 PM #497 of 1376

Manegarm - Urminnes Hävd - The Forest Sessions

Now this is awesome. I love these kind of stuff, like Finntroll's "Visor om Slutet".

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:01 PM #498 of 1376
Aye, same. I'm always on the lookout for more Euro folk music like that.

Right now I'km listening to Kari Rueslåtten (ex-3rd and the Mortal/Storm vocalist)'s debut solo album. It's decent female-fronted acoustic folk, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying... :\

Vivi Ornitier
Wark!

Member 5779

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:22 PM #499 of 1376
It's out now?!?!!! (Iron maiden album)...well at least net speaking of course. I'll have to give it a listen. I only heard that Benjamin brig song...oh my god did I find it horrible. LOOOOOOOONNNGGG. 7 Minutes of the same thing? I mean okay sure you got demons in your head but big whoop! Who doesn't now a days? Hope it's not all like that. I'll have to hear the whole album to make a proper opinion.

As for lamb of god's new album...I like it, however I actually liked that change in riff/drum beat style in ashes of the wake and palace. It just makes headbanging so much more of a challenge! =D

Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 10:29 PM #500 of 1376
I'm not a big Iron Maiden fan, but I enjoyed the new album. Maybe it's just because I haven't really heard much of their classic stuff. (Except for Number of the Beast, which I actually don't like that much.)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)