Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Assassin's Creed II: The dude's name is Ezio? ...Really?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:34 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 08:34 AM #1 of 21
Assassin's Creed II: The dude's name is Ezio? ...Really?

The game's set in Venice with you taking the role of Ezio; the son of a fallen house out for reveeeenge. Like Altair, Ezio's name can translate as "eagle." The supposed details within the magazine:

Originally Posted by Kotaku, yes I know you guys hate them
- Your range of weapons has been greatly increased, with new armaments including two swords, two "smaller blades", a mace, spear and an axe.

- No more silly drownings, as Ezio can swim.

- As expected, Da Vinci's workshop features in the game (it's set in 1476), and yes, you'll be gliding around on those wings of his.

- The game stars real characters of the time, including Machiavelli and Florence's powerful Medici family

- There are now "16 unique mission types". And, thankfully, no more pickpocket or eavesdropping ones.

- Tracking down hidden flags will now net you in-game rewards, rather than a simple sense of self-satisfaction.
Discuss! I am excited to explore Venice.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:01 AM #2 of 21
I would really like more freedom to roam around without the necessity of, "Oh wait this guy isn't walking like a fucking monk! Get him!"
Towards the end of the first game I was hoping to escape through the modern day buildings altair style but instead it left off with a very "cut away" ending and I just didn't feel the drama, it was more like a VHS tape that got burnt near the end.
I'll wait to hear the features and length of the game so I can choose to either rent or buy cause I had mixed feeling towards the first one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:42 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 05:42 PM #3 of 21
Sounds like they're doing more to mix up the variety of missions and all that but what I'm hoping for is their initial promise to be made true. To be able to kill someone and then disappear into a crowd as opposed to holding down a button that makes you walk really slow and doesn't work when shit hits the fan. I always thought Assassin's creed built a solid framework for an interesting sequel so hopefully they do something interesting with it. And hopefully it has a coherent plot this time too =p

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:07 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 08:07 PM #4 of 21
Sounds bad. You know you're dealing with a creatively dead developer if the best thing on their new features list is 'your guy is now able to swim and there are a little more than five mission types this time!'

How ya doing, buddy?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:11 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 01:11 PM #5 of 21
So what happens to the bartender with his new-found gift of seeing symbols from the first game?

Also in before more horseshit achievements/trophies regarding flag-collecting is back. Slightly interested on the whole game otherwise.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:27 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 02:27 PM #6 of 21
I wouldn't have been interested if the setting hadn't changed. As it is, despite the first one boring me into never finishing it, this one has me both intrigued and kind of excited. Please learn from the first game, ubisoft. Please.

Not really sure if I like that they just changed some of the ruffles on his outfit to make him a new character though. Mother fucker better be some swarthy Italian badass to make up for it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:42 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 10:42 PM #7 of 21
That really pissed me off about the first one. I like how the difference between an assassin and your regular peasant is how fast your horse is moving. Of course, that's kind of pointless anyway when you can outrun them all on the horse when you piss them off in Kingdom.
Who needed to even outrun them? if you botched an assassination it was easier just killing every last guard than to run away.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:23 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 06:23 PM #8 of 21
I really hoped they would have set this game entirely in the modern world. The setup was certainly there in the plot, but I guess we'll have to wait a couple of more games in the series before that happens. As for what is there, it seems interesting enough, and based on how much I liked the first game I'll probably enjoy this one as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:13 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2009, 11:13 PM 1 #9 of 21
I honestly don't know how they could have done that and retained much of the same horseshit two-things-to-do gameplay they had in the first one.

The fuck are you gonna do? Jump off a special part of a skyscraper and land in a pile of hobos?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:59 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2009, 11:59 AM #10 of 21
yay awesome! Been looking forward to this, first one got a bit repetative but i enjoyed it. The end was bs but interesting so hopefully they continue with that somehow. Also kinda sad that they just switched the settings in a way. The 3 towns were really well made, maybe Venice is made bigger and more detailed (being able to go inside houses?)?

Hopefully BGE2 gets released this year too!

no homo
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:06 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2009, 12:06 PM #11 of 21
I honestly don't know how they could have done that and retained much of the same horseshit two-things-to-do gameplay they had in the first one.

The fuck are you gonna do? Jump off a special part of a skyscraper and land in a pile of hobos?
I just found for how high concept they were making it out to be how arbitrary everything felt. You save some people...you get to assassinate someone. You get caught, you run away and can't escape their detection until you jump behind a curtain? Really?

I had fun with the free running mechanic, but the gameplay just seemed a shadow of what it could be. With the brain dead enemies and "crowd blending" that didn't exist. I'm a bit worried with the additional weapons it'll be more action oriented. From what was said in the press release thing it sounds like they may be building on the wrong aspects of the game (the action, mission variants) and not what I see as the right ones (stealth, more "natural" escapes).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:35 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2009, 05:35 PM #12 of 21
They better not touch the engine. I was able to run the first one, barely. I don't think my PC could handle more.

Otherwise, it sounds like AC1 with extra stuff, which is great. Swimming is certainly welcome, drowning in a shallow pool behind the merchant king's palace was retarded beyond belief.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:59 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2009, 08:59 AM #13 of 21
Since I loved the first game I'm very much excited for the sequel. It'll be interesting to see how mace, spear and axe combat is worked into proceedings. I assume you'll have the option of carrying one of those instead of a broad sword, but maybe some of it will be slightly more makeshift weapons you can pick up on the street (steal a spear of a guard, etc).

It'll certainly be nice if you can find a way to assassinate some of the targets without anyone realising until you're long gone, that'd be a nice addition.

But yeah, definitely up for this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chen
Posting in the speed of sound!

Member 33479

Level 4.40

Apr 2009

Old Apr 18, 2009, 01:35 PM #14 of 21
Sound pretty awesome.loved the first one and ill love the second one.
I sort of hope they make it less repititive and maybe make it so being stelthy and actually using your brain thinking on how to approach an assisination pay off or requierd.
Also , thet Ezio guy seems FABELOUS.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dennisik
Wark!

Member 33552

Level 1.21

May 2009

Old May 1, 2009, 03:48 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 12:48 AM #15 of 21
I'm just glad they're not moving through the ages so quickly. It looks interesting.
I head a rumor that it was gonna be set in the revolutionary war.

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 04:08 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 10:08 AM #16 of 21
It'll certainly be nice if you can find a way to assassinate some of the targets without anyone realising until you're long gone, that'd be a nice addition.
I doubt they'd spend much time working on the combat system and introducing new weapons if you could get away with not using them though. I think I'd have liked the first one much, much more if it had been more like Hitman, giving you a choice of how to achieve the kill and like you say, giving you a chance to get away without a chase. It just struck me as silly that this master assasin chose broad daylight and a public place as the best time to take someone out so often.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2009, 12:54 AM #17 of 21
Imma bump this, not only because the game comes out in a couple of weeks, but there are "short movies" available on Youtube based off the game:

Assassin's Creed Lineage #1

I thought this was pretty damn cool and I sorta hope these are like special features for the game.

How ya doing, buddy?

Angelus T48
I am but an angel of death...

Member 34666

Level 6.19

Oct 2009

Old Oct 27, 2009, 02:15 PM #18 of 21
I've been waiting way too long for this release. I have it preordered for the 360 but I need a new 360 as I have blown the 5V for the fans.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Assassin's Creed II: The dude's name is Ezio? ...Really?