Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Sim City 4 is jumpy, eventually crashes

KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:43 PM #1 of 3
Sim City 4 is jumpy, eventually crashes

Hey all,
SimCity 4 has been giving me a weird problem lately. I'm absolutely sure my computer meets specifications:

Athlon 64 X2 4200
Geforce 7900 GT
2 GB RAM
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

When I first start up the PC, and launch Simcity 4, the game runs great. Everything is as it should be. After about 10-15 minutes of play though, the game will "speed up" and becomes extremely jumpy. When I scroll to the right for example, it's normally a 'smooth' gradual process of moving the screen to the right. When it speeds up though, its a very rigid, jumpy, and breakneck process where you can't actually get much done because your overshooting. After about 5-10 minutes of this though, the game apparently has a heart attack and crashes to desktop.

Attempting to relaunch it has it immediately being jumpy again. The only way to get it to run normally is to either shutdown/restart the computer and play right away.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sparhawke
Scientific progress goes Boink

Member 338

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:02 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 11:02 AM #2 of 3
I don't know the exact solution to your problem but have you tried general things like latest game patches, latest sound/video drivers, defrag hard drive, etc. if those don't help try reinstalling the game. also does the stuttering occur on other games?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:09 PM #3 of 3
I've done the standard stuff like patching and updating drivers. It's weird because the problem is limited to just SimCity. Other games such as Battlefield 2, EvE Online, and CounterStrike: Source run great.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Sim City 4 is jumpy, eventually crashes