Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Favorite TV Genre?
Action/Adventure 1 8.33%
Animation 2 16.67%
Children 0 0%
Comedy 3 25.00%
Drama 3 25.00%
Reality 0 0%
Sci Fi 3 25.00%
Soap 0 0%
Talk Shows 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

TV Genres + Top Shows & Why?

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:17 PM #1 of 4
TV Genres + Top Shows & Why?

TV.COM lists the primary genres as:

# Action/Adventure
# Animation
# Children
# Comedy
# Drama
# Reality
# Science-Fiction
# Soap
# Talk Shows

http://www.tv.com/shows/topshows.html Use the search here to identify the genre(s) of your show(s).

Why did you vote for the genre you did? What makes it superior to you over the other genres? What TV shows exemplify the genre you love, and what do they mean to you? What are the best TV show examples of all the genres?

I voted for Sci Fi because there is no limit to the imagination when it comes to this genre. You can do things that would seem completely false in real life but are very normal on the show. The Star Trek series is the best example of this as they say technological advance is what made certain things possible, but at the same time these are impossible for real.

I would say Sci Fi is better than Comedy (my 2nd fav) because I can get captivated and have to use my brain more when I watch. Sci Fi is better than action or drama (although Sci Fi has elements of each genre in it) because Sci Fi is usually about the wonders of space or underwater or on land. Captivating. Soap & Reality shows are basically the downfall of television and in no way will I dare compare those to anything else.
Talk shows are okay.

So, go ahead, mix/match & compare the genres using your best TV shows as examples.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 04:26 PM #2 of 4
Comedy. I always like a good laugh from television.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:03 PM #3 of 4
I enjoy comedies as well. Shows like Family Guy or the Simpsons are funny. Whose Line is it Anyway? has to be the funniest show on television, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:19 PM #4 of 4
I would say that I like dramas best. I would say that my two favorite shows are CSI and The X-Files, and despite having sci-fi elements, I would consider The X-Files a drama, since the show's focus is on how the characters interact with each other, using the sci-fi elements as the catalyst.

Of course, I am a big comedy fan as well. I really enjoyed the good old days of Adult Swim {basically before they switched from the old people in the pool spots to the white text on black cards}, back when Home Movies was hitting its stride, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force was still funny, and Harry Goz was still alive and contributing his awesomeness to Sealab 2021.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > TV Genres + Top Shows & Why?