Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Destroying my computer in a not so obvious way?

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:01 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 10:01 AM #26 of 38
The Way I got mine to be replaced was a couple of things, busted the speakers thrice, then after they wouldn't replace it after telling them what needed to be done, called BBB

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 10:05 PM #27 of 38
It's quite pathetic to see how people are actually helping this guy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 01:29 PM #28 of 38
Well...I don't think trying to say "why not F--K the floppy drive or cd drive" would be very nice.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 03:53 PM #29 of 38
Don't worry, we can fucking swear here.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dabreegster
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3978

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 09:22 AM #30 of 38
Go search for the Bastard Operator From Hell series and read a few. Simon is the master of destroying hardware in hilarious ways, then worming his way out of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 05:42 PM #31 of 38
And as funny (for geeks) as BOFH can be, it's not usually a good idea to base your real life actions on a piece of comedic fiction. But really, I'm routing for the OP to try something and get busted on it.

FELIPE NO
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
DarkRavenX
Ya Srsly!!1

Member 701

Level 15.95

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 01:10 AM #32 of 38
The CDROM destroying thing works. Circuit City just dumped 1900 US Dollars onto a gift card for one of my friends bc they had to replace the CD drive 3 times in his PC.(they couldnt find an equal valued laptop with a P4 in it, im sure you all know they quit making them) They DID however, try to get out of it by saying one of the times he got it serviced wasnt on record, but keeping all his work reciepts and a quick lawyer threat took care of that problem. So you could try that....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 11:18 PM #33 of 38
Originally Posted by DarkRavenX
The CDROM destroying thing works. Circuit City just dumped 1900 US Dollars onto a gift card for one of my friends bc they had to replace the CD drive 3 times in his PC.(they couldnt find an equal valued laptop with a P4 in it, im sure you all know they quit making them) They DID however, try to get out of it by saying one of the times he got it serviced wasnt on record, but keeping all his work reciepts and a quick lawyer threat took care of that problem. So you could try that....

Best Buy tried to do the same thing to me but instead said that it had to be three different problems when they couldn't even fix the first one right the first time.

Me keeping all my reciepts, 2 calls to corprate and the BBB made Best Buy call me very fast. Got a very nice Laptop out of it too. P4, 120 G HD and 512.

Not to mentiona whole bunch of random media crap too

Most amazing jew boots
DarkRavenX
Ya Srsly!!1

Member 701

Level 15.95

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 01:35 AM #34 of 38
Same with him, it OBVIOUSLY wasnt the drive that had the problem. As soon as he brought it home EVERY TIME it had the same problem. So after 2 new drives AND the infamous overheating issues you get from the p4 in a laptop, they finally dumped it into a gift card. So for 13 out-of-pocket dollars, he now has a very nice toshiba satalite with the intel core duo, a fingerprint reader etc....nice tradeoff for 13 bucks id say.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 09:17 AM #35 of 38
Originally Posted by PUG1911
And as funny (for geeks) as BOFH can be, it's not usually a good idea to base your real life actions on a piece of comedic fiction.
Not if you base ALL your life on it. You eventually get the hang of this whole blackmail thing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Flughafen
Hello

Member 6663

Level 1.10

May 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 05:16 PM #36 of 38
Well, you may be stretching it a bit to try and go for this. But you may be worrying too much as well. Whether or not they notice may just depend on the circumstances, e.g. who exactly inspects it at the company.

I've broken a dvd drive "void warranty" seal and stripped a radeon down to its core. The radeon was genuinely busted before I did so (it had overheated, as I found out), but the drive, as I later discovered, had nothing wrong with it at all. Both were replaced, and nothing more was heard.

Would I try to deliberately bust something, though? Probably not. Especially if the offer includes newer and better hardware.. I wouldn't go for it. But godspeed if you do, let us know how it turns out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:05 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 11:05 AM #37 of 38
If your like me, and I'm really unlucky, your laptop will be working fine and then all of a sudden, POOF!

Your laptop will now think its trying to boot windows 3.1 when it finds the boot file, which has been knocked upside the head by some bastard program. *COUGH* roxio *COUGH*

I was speaking idiomatically.
LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:56 PM #38 of 38
Well I havn't tried anything yet. I phoned them up and they replaced my mother board twice. I had the same problem last night, well turns out my computer had a virus, so the two times they replaced my mother board was a waste, cause the technicians didn't bother doing a diagnostics test, God bless them. So today I phone them up making some stuff up, they said they would send a guy again but to check the computer this time and not replace anything. So I might do the static shock thing, on the ram so when the guy come's he see's theres a problem with the computer.

Yes I know this is stupid, but circuit city the damned bastards they are, they told me to buy a recovery disk since they told me the one I have has a defect in it even tho it didn't, and when I did buy the recovery disk for 27$ that didn't help since the problem wasn't the recovery disk. Circuit City stole 27$ from me, so in a way this is revenge. No, actually I just have big eyes and want whats new, it comes cheaper this way than upgrading my computer.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Eat glass.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Destroying my computer in a not so obvious way?