Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ID3 Tag Editing Program

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 10:51 PM #1 of 8
ID3 Tag Editing Program

So I would like to be able to edit alot of MP3s (albums at a time) easily. Yeah, I can go into winamp, and do each file one at a time, but I was hoping for something a little faster.

What I'm really looking for is something that can edit multiple tags at once, and if at all possible can access a database an automatically edit the tags.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:22 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 01:22 AM #2 of 8
Tag&Rename

Easily my favorite tag editor. It has a mass tag editor for fast data entry, a tag synchronization feature, and even the ability to rename a songs file name to match the tag names, or vice versa. Hell, it even colors and warns of songs that are at a low bitrate. It can basically do everything.

It says you have to pay/register for it if you want to use all of the programs features, but its not really that hard at all to find a serial number to unlock it.

I'm not sure about the online database option you were looking for, but I believe it has a built in feature that searches amazon.com for album information. Something I haven’t looked into quite yet.

Also, WinAmp does have a mass tag editor. You’re more than likely trying to edit the tags from the playlist editor. Synch everything into your media library, and then you can highlight a bunch of tags and edit them all at once.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 09:34 AM #3 of 8
foobar2000 is the better media player and has masstagging feature (+ file renaming based on tag-values). foobar can write ID3v1, IDv2 and APEv2 (probably more in the latest version).

Most amazing jew boots
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 04:38 AM #4 of 8
Yeah, foobar's masstagger is very easy to use. And it just so happens to be a great audio player!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:29 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 07:29 AM #5 of 8
I've been using ID3-TagIT for a few years now, and it's been very good for me. I haven't used it much though with the advent of automated taggers with fingerprinting, etc. a la MusicBrainz for last.fm "correctness."

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 09:32 AM #6 of 8
Seconding Tag&Rename. I've tried a lot of programs and I haven't found anything better out there. It has the ability to do both mass tag edits and mass file name edits as well as create playlists, add/manage cover art, copy one field to another, auto create ID2 tags to match ID3, etc.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
spikeh
Chocobo

Member 1808

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 10:19 PM #7 of 8
I've used Tag&Rename until I've discovered MP3Tag; they are both awesome programs but I'd recommend MP3Tag first, which is also free. It has powerful features, including tag->filename and filename->tag and complex customisable actions. There are also scripts which pull tag information from sites such as MusicBrainz, AllMusicGuide and Amazon as well as album covers. The program also allows you to write scripts to acquire information from any site, which I find very useful and I'm writing one to get VGM info from Chudah's corner. Also, did I mention it was free?

I've never managed to get the hang of foobar2000's mass tagger, but MP3Tag already does everything I expect from a mass file tagger.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by spikeh; Oct 7, 2006 at 05:24 PM.
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 06:22 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 03:22 PM #8 of 8
Will also recommend Tag&Rename! It's the only one I have used worth using IMO. I like it even better than Foobar's tagger, actually. Though, for $29.95, it might just be me...

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > ID3 Tag Editing Program