Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Macross/II/Plus/7/Dynamite 7/Zero

MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:55 PM #1 of 253
Macross/II/Plus/7/Dynamite 7/Zero/Frontier

I thought it would be nice to have a small space where the macross fan can give opinions about favourites series.
I have seen robotech, macross II, macross 7, dynamite 4 and zero.
i must say that i like a lot all the series, but my fav is macross 7, i know its a little repetitive the first 10-15 episodes, but after that it slowly starts to get better.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by MrSatan; Feb 15, 2008 at 06:55 PM.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 09:06 PM #2 of 253
I am a big fan of the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross, espically for the end. I also really liked "Do You Remember Love?", even if it is super 80's cheesy. I never really got in to the other Macross series. It isn't that I avoid them, but I just don't know what to aim for, and how much I should be willing to pay to see them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:49 PM #3 of 253
I loved macross plus probably becuase it was the only one I bothered watching.
Not the best of endings but the fight with the mechs/jets were intense.

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:54 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 07:54 PM #4 of 253
I'm pretty much into the SDF-1 Series and the DYRL - "Ai, Oboetemasu ka" movie. Macross Plus probably takes the cake though as it still has pretty top notch animation done almost entirely by the traditional hand drawn method, as well as the story line is engaging as the UN Spacy wants to see which of two companies can build the next Valkyrie. I've heard horror stories of "ROBOTECH" which is, from what I hear, the US rip-off of one of Japan's revered mecha animes. I have not seen it, and won't really bother to watch ROBOTECH any time soon.

Macross II and Zero aren't really that engaging, personally, however the CG done for Zero is fantastic.

I'm currently am building a few of the 1/72 HASEGAWA kits of their Macross line and their great! MACPLA!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Aug 9, 2006 at 01:10 AM.
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:01 PM #5 of 253
My all-time favorite is Macross Plus; the YF-19 is just my dream aircraft. The characters are all enjoyable (except maybe Myung - she's too whiny and indecisive for my tastes), the animation was exceptional for the time, and the music is, two words: Yoko Kanno. What more could you ask for?

Macross Zero was a nice detour to the past and I thank Kawamori for it but the whole "bird-human"/Shin sucking so much it hurt crap really brought the show down. Roy's entanglements with his old mentor and his mentor's new protege' were some amazing bits, the animation is SUPERB, and the CG fighting is great. The soundtrack is VERY repetitive and if it weren't for the efw vocal songs it'd be worthless.

Macross II was crap. The G-Saviour of the Macross Universe. I remember watching the english dub of the Movie version and thinking "Damn, Hibiki Kanzaki is a pussy...." every time he screamed or gave some lame-ass dailogue. His last monologue while in prison was particularly sappy, contrite, and annoying. The only thing that I like in the movie was Feff and his incessant use of profanity. A+ cursing in Marduk.

Macross Do You Remember Love was ok. Lots of Max and Miriya is always good. But that's it.

Original Macross (AKA Super Dimesional Fortress Macross) was, and still is, the badd-ass grand-daddy of space dramas. I love watching it despite the dated animation and the HORRENDOUS Lynn Minmay music.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 08:05 PM #6 of 253
Quote:
HORRENDOUS Lynn Minmay music
Dude, don't diss Lynn Minmay. I listen to her songs! (Do you remember, My boyfriend is a pilot). I really did like them ;_;.

Shoo SHOO- Shoo SHOO...(now I better find that track on my media player)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 10:28 PM #7 of 253
Originally Posted by Spatula
Dude, don't diss Lynn Minmay. I listen to her songs! (Do you remember, My boyfriend is a pilot). I really did like them ;_;.

ROCK THE 80's LOVE.

...but seriously, if you didn't grow up in the 80's, I would be worried if you liked Minmay's music.

Edit: ...and yeah... 84'... I'm worried...

FELIPE NO
Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:54 AM #8 of 253
Originally Posted by silvervalkyrie
The only thing that I like in the movie was Feff and his incessant use of profanity. A+ cursing in Marduk.
I'll second this; Feff was the man in this series. It didn't hurt that whoever did the character and hardware designs for the Marduk is certainly worthy of kudos.
Bonus points for literal disarming of Nexx' VF-2JA.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:19 AM #9 of 253
Originally Posted by Spatula

shao pai lon come to my mind!!!!

Double Post:
looks like im the only ome that like macross 7

Last edited by MrSatan; Mar 28, 2006 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:46 AM #10 of 253
Oh, I forgot Macross 7. Sadly, I watched it as a joke. And ENJOYED it. Immensely. I absolutely think Nekki is the most entertaining of all the male macross leads; he tries os hard to be an anti-hero he becomes the people's hero in a wierd twist. Of course I do wish the Fire Valkyrie was in someone else's hands (Miriya in VF-19 Kai would be something to see).

And about Lynn Minmay, I was born in '85 and I still love *some* 80s much, just not hers. Other animes from the 80s had hot music; Gundam 0083 for example has such great music or the Transformers Movie 1.

The theme from SDF Macross was really good in a campy way; a deep Japanese male voice saying, "MA - CO - ROSS!" Hilarity in it's best form.

Last edited by silvervalkyrie; Mar 28, 2006 at 04:22 PM.
MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 03:14 PM #11 of 253
i prefer the music from 7 and dynamite 7 over the old tv and movies.
they are good, but i just prefer 7

Most amazing jew boots
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:59 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 05:59 PM #12 of 253
Why would I be ashamed of 80's music? It's sure a hell lot better than the shit I hear on the radio these days. I listen to stuff 200+ years old.

And as for the MACROSS opening theme, It's a pretty entertaining OP theme, I like it!

- What we all do best -
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:08 PM #13 of 253
ahh all of these are classics to me. Though i haven't seen all of Robotech/Super Dimensional Fortress.. I enjoyed Plus and the second movie.
IMO, the best music was in Plus and Macross 2. dunno why but i like it. Macross Zero had alot of potential. it wasn't that bad either but the cg was too much =/ overall , none of the macross series disappointed me. As long they have good music (which is the most important thing in macross) i can handle it ^^;.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hikaru Ichijo
Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie

Member 4218

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 08:52 PM #14 of 253

Oh if ... musical praise of macross ... there is no another word to describe more that... Wonderful...
The music of every Macross's production is very important

All the Macross's OST are brilliant ... nevertheless Macross Ai Oboeteimasuka OST to my judgment is the best...

Most amazing jew boots
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:59 AM #15 of 253
Wow, happy to see so many Macross fans. Macross was the show that got me into anime in the first place. And it's still one of my favorite shows of all time. I feel bad for Minmay though. So many people give hate her. I can understand that, but the poor thing can't help it. Plus her music rocks. An Angel Paints is my favorite song.

Macross Plus is a masterpiece. Everything about it was perfect. Few shows can have such great action mixed with amazing emotion.

How ya doing, buddy?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:09 AM #16 of 253
Macross Plus is a really well produced OVA for the time ('94/'95) (in which Kawamori had an unlimited budget to work on for ep.4).

(I guess I should mention Megazone23 as a spinoff series,
Spoiler:
because it's basically a society living in the SDF anyway
)

MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:12 AM #17 of 253
i hope that macross continues either on tv or ovas

Hikaru Ichijo
Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie

Member 4218

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 09:31 PM #18 of 253
Originally Posted by MrSatan
i hope that macross continues either on tv or ovas
So this one programmed a new macross ... though Shoji Kawamori has not given details ... only that might be located between Macross Zero and Macross or in 2056

MrSatan

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:54 PM #19 of 253
really?
nice!!!!
didnt knew that hope it come soon!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
HightopNinja
Ninja in Hightops

Member 2115

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:54 AM #20 of 253
As stated by almost everyone in the thread, the original is always the best.

Macross II, while not the greatest, was still pretty enjoyable. The animation was alright for its time, and the voice acting(japanese cast) was awesome. My only problem was the ending really. Everything else felt like it was the direct sequel of Macross.

Macross Seven...well, I personally hated it, but that's one humble ninja's opinion. Just didn't enjoy the music at all.

Macross Zero was beautiful. The story was subpar, but the music, acting, and artwork was superb. It was a visual orgasm to say the least, just not much plot involved.

Macross Plus is my favorite of the sequels. The story was tight and fluid, the animation was vivid and the CG in the movie didn't look out of place at all. The characters were all great, the voice acting great, the music was some of the best to be put in Macross since the original, and overall it was just awesome.

Dave Foley is my Hero.
Hikaru Ichijo
Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie

Member 4218

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 04:56 PM #21 of 253
new art boock

Good .. since touch is afraid of him Kawamori's ... already there went out to the sale a new Art Boock of this magnificent director and designer of mechas

Here the Link..

SHOJI KAWAMORI DESIGN WORKS

Check it ... brilliant this one...
There is no doubt... Shoji Kawamori is the best Designer of Mechas of the All industry of anime

Ragards!!!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 03:26 PM #22 of 253
I want a Macross series that takes place quite some time after the main nemesis of the Zendraeti fleet is defeated, but just before the events of Macross Plus. I'd love to see the VF-11B in action.

As for Flash Back 2012, I doubt much would be of the VF-4 Lightning, but it'd make a very nice side story with a new cast.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Apr 26, 2006 at 07:13 PM.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 05:17 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 06:17 PM #23 of 253
Does anyone know what became of Hikaru Ichijo and Misa Hayase after the original Macross series? That's one part of the whole Macross universe that was never explained or been accounted for.

We pretty much know they left Earth (Macross Flasback 2012) aboard the superdimensional fotress Megaroad but we never heard from them since. Max and Miriya have returned in Macross 7, and Roy Focker returned for the prequel Macross Zero. But where the hell is Hikaru and Misa?!

Macross 7:
Spoiler:
...Max and Miriya preside over Colony 7. I know that means that there were 6 previous colonies which left Earth before them, but I don't remember if they ever mentioned if the Megaroad was one if them. They found survivors of one of the colonies taken over by the Protodeviln but I'm guessing they were from colony 5 or 6.

FELIPE NO
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 05:26 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 11:26 AM #24 of 253
My adventure starts and end on Macross Zero. I just couldn't walk next to such a great Anime with awesome sky fights. Didn't had a chance to see any other series part like Plus or Dynamite 7. For now I'll stop on what I had seen so far there are to much new Anime released and I don't have time to watch them all =(. Don't worry Macross I'll watch you someday!

P.S
Like Macross?? Try Tactical Roar!!

"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Hikaru Ichijo
Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie

Member 4218

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 05:08 PM #25 of 253
Originally Posted by hikarub
Does anyone know what became of Hikaru Ichijo and Misa Hayase after the original Macross series? That's one part of the whole Macross universe that was never explained or been accounted for.

We pretty much know they left Earth (Macross Flasback 2012) aboard the superdimensional fotress Megaroad but we never heard from them since. Max and Miriya have returned in Macross 7, and Roy Focker returned for the prequel Macross Zero. But where the hell is Hikaru and Misa?!

Macross 7:
Spoiler:
...Max and Miriya preside over Colony 7. I know that means that there were 6 previous colonies which left Earth before them, but I don't remember if they ever mentioned if the Megaroad was one if them. They found survivors of one of the colonies taken over by the Protodeviln but I'm guessing they were from colony 5 or 6.

Good ..
that happened with Misa and Hikaru?
This it is a question that we will do to ourselves the fans many years more ... or until Kawamori decides to say to us in some anime more of Macross (that really it is almost impossible)

ok
the cornology official say...

First year of the New Era calender (New Era 0001). Miku Ichijyo born to Hikaru and Misa Ichijyo.
VF-5's first flight.

April
Launches begin for one close-range colonization fleet after another. (The main objective is the search and colonization of planets within 100 light years of the Solar System.)
November
An inhabitable planet is discovered 11.7 light years from the Solar System in the Groombridge 1816 Star System. It is named "Eden" and colonization begins.
Admiral Bruno J. Global's installment as U.N. Government representative. Launches of the second and third super-long-distance colonization fleet (Megaroad-02 and -03 ships). Hereafter, super-long-distance colonization fleets are routinely launched.
Guld Goa Bowman born on Earth.
Macross M3 (Game for Dreamcast)
U.N. Forces dispatch Maximilian Jenius and Milia Fallyna Jenius aboard the UN Forces cruiser Algenicus to form the Dancing Skull special forces team and combat internal revolts and conflicts.
M3 Episode 1 Aerial Dance
[Interception] Battle of New Alabama Lake
The Dancing Skull special forces team intercept an enemy aerial unit attacking a UN Spacy replenishment base and an spy piloting a captured VF-4 Lightning III on the planet Neo York.
VF-5 mass production begins.
March 27
Isamu Alva Dyson born on Earth.
At the end of the year, production of the VF-1 series ends. During the final product's rollout, a commemorative paint scheme is applied.
Vrlitwhai Kridanik's appointment as U.N. Spacy's commander.
Megaroad-01's communications cease near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. (News about this ship are not publicized.)

Myung Fang Lone born on Planet Eden.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Macross/II/Plus/7/Dynamite 7/Zero