Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Clannad (Movie and series)

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:19 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 12:19 AM #51 of 97
You know, that's bordering on "spoilerific".

I suppose I should just stop reading this thread completely.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:46 AM #52 of 97
Heh..definately. You should edit the thread title to "Clannad TV Widescreen". We aren't going to be seeing that movie anytime soon anyway =/.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by chato; Mar 2, 2008 at 12:25 PM.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 03:36 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 01:36 PM #53 of 97
Time to split the thread to Kairi Li and Everybody Else on WS.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:06 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2007, 03:06 PM #54 of 97
Edited the last post for spoilers. Sorry about that, but I wanted to clarify what everyone was discussing. Tomoyo After was not part of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:03 PM #55 of 97
As we wait for the albums, I have the Movie OST nipponsei released today. Uploaded through sendspace for those who don't use torrents.

Clannad Movie OST!

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:28 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 06:28 AM #56 of 97
Thanks for the upload! Pity it would be a while before we can actually see the movie. Though from what I've heard it was a pretty bad adaptation.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:03 PM #57 of 97
Yeah and so are other compressed tv series to movie adaptions. I'll probably might like it since I don't care much about small details u.u.

Just downloaded episode 6. I'm really feeling this show. No magic,ghost bs.

Episode 6 Widescreen : Felt really bad for Fuko. At first I thought it was Fuko was already dead but that couldn't been right since all the other students can see her and not her sister. Maybe it's all in her head and she's probably bullshitting.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chato; Dec 3, 2007 at 09:17 PM.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:25 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 07:25 PM #58 of 97
Episode 9: BAWWWWWWWW ;__;

Spoiler:
What can I say? They handled the end to Fuko's arc really damn well. Kyoto Animation has once again tugged at my heartstrings and put forth some really emotional scenes that kept me misty-eyed throughout the entire episode. One can't help but be moved by the fact that Fuko's sentiment spread to the rest of the students as well as Nagisa's parents and the scene that finally nailed it was when Fuko appeared and gave her sister the star. No scene was wasted in the making of this episode and I'm hoping to see more of this high level of quality.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:33 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2007, 10:33 AM #59 of 97
I've uploaded the first batch. The following files are on Index of /clannad (match the catalogue numbers to my previous post)

[EAC]FCCM-198.rar 341M
[EAC]KSLA-0009.rar 215M
[EAC]KSLA-0011.rar 240M
[EAC]KSLA-0015.rar 111M
[EAC]KSLA-0020.rar 437M
[EAC]KSLA-0021.rar 160M
[EAC]KSLA-0036.rar 232M

Huge thanks to Ketonom for the space!

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:50 PM #60 of 97
I've uploaded the first batch. The following files are on Index of /clannad (match the catalogue numbers to my previous post)

[EAC]FCCM-198.rar 341M
[EAC]KSLA-0009.rar 215M
[EAC]KSLA-0011.rar 240M
[EAC]KSLA-0015.rar 111M
[EAC]KSLA-0020.rar 437M
[EAC]KSLA-0021.rar 160M
[EAC]KSLA-0036.rar 232M

Huge thanks to Ketonom for the space!
Downloading them now, good looking out , blah.

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2007, 02:43 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2007, 12:43 AM #61 of 97
Episode 10:

Spoiler:
Well, this episode manages to reveal quite a bit about Kotomi's idiosyncrasies, but they're pretty endearing all the same. I really enjoyed watching the way she lets Tomoya dictate what her lines should be in dealing with others, which she does to the letter and repeatedly, regardless of whether she's met someone before or not. And then there's her inability to recognize other people's emotions (which means she lacks empathy to some degree) as well as fearing the possibility that other people may be in to bully her. Finally, her violin skills do need to be addressed. Her personality quirks are interesting so allow me a moment to speculate upon them:

We've already got a feeling that she's socially awkward and has trouble determining people's emotions, so I'm going to guess here that Kotomi is a victim of neglect. It makes sense to some degree since her parents are professors, and the stereotype goes where professors, situated in the ivory towers of academia, might not be in touch with what goes on in the real world. Given that people who are neglected exhibits similar symptoms to Kotomi's, it looks like neglect/abandonment might indeed be the correct guess.

A point of note is that I still can't get over how beautifully animated the mechanical doll segments are. It seems like KyoAni is pulling out all the stops to come up with those scenes that I just wonder how many frames of animation are going into it. Of course, there's no revelation as to what purpose those scenes serve, but there's a lot of potential there, and even if it doesn't materialize, we've got a lot of stunning animation to feast our eyes upon.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by zzeroparticle; Dec 11, 2007 at 02:46 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 07:35 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 04:35 PM #62 of 97
A heads up to those who are watching Fullscreen version

The show will go on Hiatus after episode 12. Meaning Episode 12 will be the last episode you will see in 2007.

To sum it up, Episode 12, the last Clannad episode of this calendar year will be airing on December 21, 2007. The next episode, episode 13, will air on January 11, 2008. There will be approximately three weeks of break after episode 12 air and then Clannad resumes its course once again.

Thanks to AnimeSuki Forums.

IS there a convetor from FLAC to mp3 so I can actually bring it around with me?

And what is Ape?

Thanks Big Blah for the uploads!

But uh, think next time you can give a heads up to which format you're using? I have no idea have to play half of these or get them to my mp3 player, and google is no help.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 22, 2007 at 09:27 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 09:53 PM #63 of 97
I would usually use Core Media Player to play the files. Sound quality's amazing.

As for the anime. There are a few others that are on hold til january 10

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:51 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 07:51 PM #64 of 97
Thanks, but seems like it doesn't play TTA files, help on those please?

Oh wait...

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/be...ading-but.html

Also to those who are watching the Fullscreen version, or when others eventually get to Episode 11, please read this.

Spoiler:
The line Kotomi says at the window with the wind blowing, is a line from a Sci Fi romantic short story called "The Dandelion Girl". I highly suggest reading it when Kotomi's arc is done, as it seems to have some inspiration to Kotomi's arc.

THE DANDELION GIRL-PAGE 1

The Dandelion Girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 23, 2007 at 07:55 AM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:14 AM #65 of 97
Episode 13:
Spoiler:
I'm getting angry at these Key male leads who seem to have a bitch of a time remembering important childhood memories. Nonetheless, I'm glad Kotomi's backstory didn't seem as heartwrenching as Fuko's, although it still is rather sad how she had to become so independent at such a young age. I'm still a sucker for those kinds of "I've never forgotten you" type of stories ;_;

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:14 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 12:14 AM #66 of 97
Well, this thread is in need of some serious bumpage. As far as the events in the series have gone...

Spoiler:
Fuko needs to stop popping up. I understand that the producer might want to keep her around like he has with all of the other girls, but her appearances are usually pointless and stopped being funny a looooong time ago. Nowadays, her appearances are met by groans from myself.

Everything else is still pretty super though.

Spoiler:
Kotomi's arc was just really well-executed and even though the ending required a bit of suspension of disbelief, it got the effect out of me that it was looking for. Also, Tomoyo and Kyou's arc managed to end nicely, setting aside the pacing issues as well as the bizarre crying scene at the end of episode 18. That one requires a bit more backstory that the visual novel provides, so unless you've read it, Kyou's bawling will be rather vague as to why she's crying exactly.

All in all, still going on strong!

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:16 AM Local time: Feb 20, 2008, 06:16 AM #67 of 97
Regarding Fuko:

Spoiler:
She appears randomly in the game if you achived Fuko Master title, and then play Tomoyo's arc. So if there's anyone to blame, its Key for making it a bonus if the player has achieved that title. Since Tomoya has obtained that title in the anime, Fuko had to appear randomly to remain faithful to the original game.

Personally? I find it amusing.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:50 AM Local time: Feb 29, 2008, 05:50 AM #68 of 97
LARGE IMAGE IN THE TAG BELOW.

Spoiler:

21: 3/13 学園祭にむけて Options for School Festival
22: 3/20 影二つ Two shadows <Final Episode>
23: 3/27 夏休みなの出来事 Events of Summer break

This scan from a newspaper/magazine from Japan confirms that Clannad season 1 will have 22 episodes, and an extra omake episode that will play the following week aftet episode 22, which will show what happens during
Spoiler:
the summer break.

It pretty much confirms that the After Story, which is the 2nd part of the game, and also extremely long that it may be longer than Air and Kanon put together, will be the 2nd season. The opening theme song has confirmed there will be the After Story cause
Spoiler:
it contains images from AS, along with the on going scenes of the Robot and The Girl in the Illusionary world, which is directly connected to AS.

My theory is that Haruhi S2 will air during Clannad's break, and once that's done, we will get Clannad ~ After Story.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Feb 29, 2008 at 08:59 AM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 07:01 PM #69 of 97
It makes me sad that Tomoyo didn't get nearly as much time as the other girls did. She did get to beat up Sunohara a lot though, and that's what counts.

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2008, 05:21 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2008, 02:21 AM #70 of 97
That's cause Kyou, and Tomoyo's arc are all
Spoiler:
about the romance with Tomoya. Once you take romance aspect out of the story, you're literally left with what KyoAni did with the anime series. And since he has to be with Nagisa for the After Story, it was a hard but nesscary decision to cut out their arcs alot.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2008, 06:17 AM #71 of 97
Lame. Also, doesn't Tomoyo have her own After Story? Haven't played the VN (nor do I plan to) so I don't know too much about their respective storylines outside of what I've looked up.

I am also partially sad that the main heroine is your typical weak moeblob with no outstanding personality traits. Also she is a cockroach. I see those antennae.

Look at that, right on top of her head. It's how she detects her prey. Outside of those two gripes though, I've very much enjoyed the rest of the series. Kotomi's VA is awesome, Sunohara is the funniest moron on the planet, and the random Fuko appearances never dissapoint. I was skeptical going in because I don't like "lulz key tragedy fests" but they managed to get it right somehow this time. Fuko's arc ending was way, way better executed than Ayu and Makoto's equally tragic arcs in Kanon.

I just hope they don't rush the ending. They are running short on remaining episodes.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Tails; Mar 2, 2008 at 06:25 AM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2008, 09:39 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2008, 06:39 AM #72 of 97
SKIP THIS POST IF YOU ARE ON WIDESCREEN VERSION!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!'

Well, the end of the School Arc is not really the end of the story. Its the After Story(2nd season) that truly matters, and the only reason why people dislike Nagisa so far its because most of her development, and Tomoya's is in the After Story, and so far in in the School arc she is downplayed. I like to think people should be open minded and watch the entire story before judging characters too quickily. Not to mention the latest episode shows that she can be pretty pushy and bossy to Tomoya, and probably the only person so far that can make him do anything. The School arc is fantastic, but the After Story is the 2nd half of the game. By the end of Season 1, you would have experience Part 1 of Clannad.

So, watch the whole thing before you judge, please? I mean, you don't go judging a character development from Lord of the Ring's after only seeing Fellowship, right? After Story is Part 2, not "Epilogue that lasts for 4 pages."

As for Nagisa's moeness, the fact is, whether is moe or not, there are plenty of shy Japanese/Asian girls out there. Alot of them. I met plenty in primary, middle and high school, and even more in my now adult years. The fact that the anime culture made it moe doens't mean its a cliche character trait and it means she's boring, since so many shy girls actually exist. If anything, her development from a shy to stronger person is an important development. To quote from Anime Suki Forums:

Quote:
An awkward transition at first glance, but that isn't unnoticed or unintentional by the writers.

Notice how Nagisa is only "bossy" towards Tomoya when they are alone. In front of the others, she is still just as shy as she was in the beginning of the series. Not only is that character development, it shows that she regards her relationship with Tomoya as "special". It's what's natural for her. Nagisa is far more outspoken at home, it just extends to Tomoya now, her character didn't change. I see it as a sign of caring for Tomoya's well being (for him to actually graduate and have a future), just like how she offered to have him stay over.

Second, it's not like the writers didn't know it was going to be awkward. Tomoya even told her that she's surprisingly "meddlesome" in both letting him move in and making him go talk to the teacher .
There's a good character discussion on Nagisa here, I suggest you give a read on page 5 and 6: Character discussion - Nagisa - Page 5 - AnimeSuki Forum

As much as I love to see more Tomoyo girls out there, fact is, most of them aren't, especially in Asia. Its a sad fact that I hope gets remedied one day. Hell I was shy as a bird myself, took me years to become this loud and obnoixious. I see Nagisa as a character that other girls can learn and benefit from. But because most people in the West see strong girls as awesome (Buffy, typical action chicks etc in movies), they tend to look down on the shyer "moe" characters. If they stay moe and shy and weak, then you have a point, but I have seen development in Nagisa, and there's the spoilers I read in After Story too.. There's more to come!

On the flip side, one can argue that the tough chick can be just as cliche and boring as the cute, shy, moe girl. So go fig. As long as each gets a good development, who cares if they start off as sterotypes? There are plenty of sterotypes in reality too.

It sucks that Kyou and Tomoyo got the shaft, but their stories are more about their relationship with Tomoya than it is about their families, though family does play a significant pary in both. But the romance is like the pillar, without it, thats all you have left in the Anime. Speaking of Tomoyo...

Tomoyo's After is a SEPERATE SEQUEL GAME, that was made after the success of Clannad and the higher ups told Key to do whatever they want, they opted to do more about Tomoyo, cause even in the game her arc is the least developed. Like Clannad's After Story however, it also has
Spoiler:
tragic elements.

It is a seperate story arc, game and entity, the only way they will adapt Tomoyo properly is if they announce to make Tomoyo After as a series or OVA or something, since being a seperate game, it means a whole new contract and copyright.

And naturally whether or not they do it depends on how well the Clannad anime receives. I mean, Kanon was made due to Air's success, Air made fans believed and wanted KyoAni to make non-butchered version of Kanon. If you want more Tomoyo, then buy some Clannad anime merchandise or something to get the message across.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 2, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2008, 04:47 PM #73 of 97
Ahahaha, Air.

I see what you're saying, but you're basing your opinion upon the fact that they're people are trying to market her as "being similar to people in real life" which fails utterly and completely because when you begin comparing anime to the real world you've already failed.

Regardless of how close to realness she might be it doesn't change the fact that Nagisa's archetype is painfully boring and overdone. I've watched through 19 and I saw her interaction with Tomoya, which is nice for a change, but you take into effect how far into the show we are and the fact that this is more or less all she's done all show (up until now everyone else has been doing EVERYTHING for her), and she's still a terrible character. There has been TOO MUCH moeblob stuff recently, I'm hoping this trend dies off soon.

Last edited by Tails; Mar 2, 2008 at 04:51 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2008, 05:44 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2008, 02:44 PM #74 of 97
Ah but you are still basing it on the incomplete development she's getting. I say wait for the end of the actual story, that After Story that is, then whine about it. There is no doubt that moe has become an annoying trend, but immediatly disregarding a character just cause she shows traits of it, before her story is even finished, its rather unfair. After Story has a huge development for her and Tomoya, and no its not just about their relationship development either, its personal.

Is it too much to ask to wait till everything's done before making complaints about character developement? You only saw like 25% of her development. Believe me when I say After Story is LONG.

As for everyone doing everything for Nagisa, well, gotta remember that she never really had real friends because of her illness, and it takes a while for someone to climb out of their shell, by now she has gone more proactive because of what she has seen Tomoya done for the other girls. Nagisa had a slow and subtle development that people seem to not notice untill now. (Read the link I posted for more info.)

Not to mention this whole "her developement is just starting in episode 19" thing wouldn't happen if you were playing the VN, since you ignore the other girls in VN. When you attempt adapt all arcs before the main girl, this is the trade off, and even then Nagisa had subtle development that most don't notice, probably cause of their dislike of weaker characters.

And I thought Air was excellant because of the slow realisation that the story was ultimatly about the relationship of a mother and child, and the end was just heartbreaking. Misuzu may also show moe traits, but she also developed and was the last one to do so since they always leave the main girl the last. Its just how the shows have to be structured. If you wanna go the "main girl only" adaptation, you'll probably end up with messes like what Toei does with their movie versions.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 2, 2008 at 05:58 PM.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 07:22 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 04:22 AM #75 of 97
Well, the movie version is out on DVD, and I've been watching a bit of the RAW video. My god, the animation, camera work and execution makes it so painful to watch. And from what spoilerish reviewers told me, the characters and plot is horribly butchered.

If you wanna know zilch about the movie till you have seen it, then ignore this post. Also, watching this movie will spoil the After Story AKA Season 2 of Clannad TV.

Also the frequency remix of the theme song that people who bought the movie tickets were able to get, I assumed it was gonna be used int he movie. It wasn't. They used the original mix from the opening of the game. Shame, the frequency mix was a good mix.

I watched the RAW here: Online Video: Clannad Movie (raw) | Veoh Video Network

Need VEOH player to watch the entire thing.

Here is a non spoiler review by Velocity7 who does the Wafflehouse/Spocket subs. He is also the head of the Clannad game translation project, so he knows how the original game went.

http://naomi.thewafflehouse.net/blog...-movie-review/

If you wanna know how the characters are butchered, here it is under the spoiler tag, as posted by Klashikar from the Anime Suki forums. I have edited out the major spoilers that people who are on the fullscreen, and probably Widescreen version can read without finding anything major out.

Spoiler:
Nagisa: she became ONE dimensional. It was painful to watch... Nagisa was the same from the start to finish. She was only kind, without much charms or flaws. What was freaky is how her dango love is even more "natural" than hers for Tomoya. Speaking of that, the confession was badly timed and very odd as even if i try to search for every flag, Nagisa had hardly any hint of attraction towards him, aside of her "stingy" attitude for the slop ride. Fun fact: after few days only, Nagisa begun to call Tomoya "Tomoya-san". What is more amazing is that she keep this call, even when they are going out...

Youhei: he didn't change much, though he is even more goofy/impulsive, but his scenes are lackluster because the scripters and animators had the "good" idea" to make them so exagereted that they were lame.

Tomoyo: she barely had like 1 minute screentime in the school life part and she almost sounded like an antagonist. Since there wasn't any scene between her and tomoya in general, her relationship is completely void and i don't get why she is visiting him in AS

Kyou: it is even worse as she became... Tomoyo's supporter for her election and didn't have ANY ROLE, except hanging around to "cheer up Tomoya" who she would hardly know. (funny fact: she calls youhei "sunohara", so they simply removed her old relaitonship with both boys). last trivia point: Ryou doesn't appear/exist

Kouko: she was the utter opposite at the first glance. Taking Koumura's place, she is however, not really that close, calling Nagisa "Furukawa-san". Fuuko is utterly absent, and she doesn't seem to have that motherly/sister aura.

Yuusuke: funnily enough, he is now quite nosy and doesn't hesitate to barge in Tomoya's room etc. He isn't corny or "anti social" at all.

Akio: At first, I thought he was the same as ever. But soon enough, he was rather like a CLOWN like youhei instead of the manly father he usually is. This is even more emphasised with Akio going completely dumb when he is with Sanae. He is rather playing "pranks" than picking on Tomoya.

Sanae: not really as the MILF she was, Sanae gained energy, but she is far more childish and easy going, then calm, collected and wise/kind.

Kotomi: 5 second screentime with 0 line. She is basically the maestro of the choir club (oddly performing the usual Alleluia), seen twice. Plain cameo.

The full original review, do not click the spoiler tag there, read the one I edited instead above.

AnimeSuki Forum - View Single Post - CLANNAD the Movie

My thoughts on watching a bit of the RAW and not knowing what they're saying? I can only judge it on an animation and overall story POV. The animation and music makes me wonder if TOEI is stuck in the early 90's or late eighties of their animation. I hear music that reminds of fucking Sailor Moon Season 1 (Which they also butchered, the manga was way better.) Their animation is not as impressive as the modern anime we see nowadays, like FMA and Ghost in a shell, just to make some mainstream examples. And keep in mind this is on a FILM budget.

The art and animation is just weirdly proportioned compared to what KyoAni did, and the so call action scenes look bad, we have those stupid still artwork shots where the BG turns to Lines and a reddish color, and in the foreground is the character with a "GRAAAAAAAAGH!!" look on their faces and the camera shakes, to make it look like he's going to punch or push someone HARD. And keep in mind shots like that are effective only if the situation is funny, instead I see that shot being used on a very serious scene, a scene that shows how Tomoya's dad
Spoiler:
injured his shoulder.

Also I was a little annoyed and perhaps disgusted at the part where we see Sunohara urinating in Public, and we actually SEE THE GODDAMN PEE! Its distasteful, you can show what the hell he's doing without resorting to showing us the golden flow. Were they trying to make people choke on their popcorn? I will not spoil tag this cause I like to give people little heads up, especially if they're eating while they watch it.

The doubling or tripling of the animation was also annoying, makes the animation and movie look amateurish or something, or worse, their way of balancing their budget, which by the way considering this is a movie budget, its sad to see that KyoAni can do much better animation quality despite being on a TV budget. The constant changing shots were also annoying at times.

And the Lens Flare, oh god I thought they were annoying in the Air Movie, but it seemed like they didn't take the hint when people complained. The background art was probably the movies only saving grace, and I can't even see them properly.

Back to the more actiony scenes, whenever Sunohara gets beaten up, the scenes just turn into...some grotesque fight scene where Sunohara's face turns into a monkey, his body starts becoming like a rubberband and its so goddamn exaggerated. And he does things like sticking his fingers in someone's nose, and weird stuff that's doesn't look much like fighting. And worst part? You never see him get his ass kicked by Tomoyo. In this film, you get Sunohara acting like a monkey, literally, and he doesn't get his ass kicked by the girl who should have.

This is probably as much as I can say before I go to the spoiler heavy stuff... so I'll just leave it at that, the non spoiler review pretty much says it all.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 8, 2008 at 08:56 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Clannad (Movie and series)