Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This week in comics. (for March 1)

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:24 PM #1 of 8
This week in comics. (for March 1)

Ok, I figured I needed to get a post somewhere, so I picked here. Who knows. Maybe this thread can even start a weekly tradition for people to continue. Maybe it already was a tradition with the old boards before they died. Who knows.

But basically, just post what you think is interesting, good, bad, or otherwise about this week's comics. Remember to use spoiler tags when necessary.

All I've read this week has been Red Sonja and Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom, so I've not much to say about this week yet. I just kinda have to wonder why I buy those two titles and then I remember, 'Oh right. T&A'. I probably will be dropping Red Sonja soon, though. Not much is going to change. She's always going to have a sword, she's always going to kill some people, and she's always going to be half-naked.

I'm looking forward to reading Y The Last Man, and Ultimates for this week though. Man, oh man.

Btw, sorry if my week's are wrong. I only pick up comics every other week. =\

EDIT: Just finished reading Ultimates Volume 2 Issue 10. All I have to say is damn this is a good book. I just wish it came out more regularly. Freakin' hardcore pwnage going on from the middle to the end.

Adjectiveless X-Men #183 was an interesting read, but it all seems very forced with this Apocalypse story. I feel like I'm being told I should care about something, but I end up thinking "Wow, this is contrived". Maybe it's just cause it's an X-Men book, though.

Knights of the Old Republic #2 - This book is very good so far. It's intriguing, and defintely worth reading. The current story is dealing with a gimp padawan who stumbles into a situation involving some Jedi masters.

Astonishing X-Men #13 - This is one of the few X-Men books that constantly delivers. This issue gives more into Emma and her possible infiltration of the X-Men.

Exiles #77 - I really liked this book back in the day, and it's still very readable. But I can't help but feel like it's all being drawn out just to try and get it to issue 100. This issue is fairly typical. We get to see Hyperion... aaaaggaaaaain. I actually think this book has him in it more than Supreme Power. ...I also feel like this book is going to sink like a ship full of melodrama once Claremont gets on it. But that's an idea worthy of another thread.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by VitaminZinc; Mar 2, 2006 at 06:36 PM.
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:55 PM #2 of 8
This week a picked up:
1) Batman Annual #25
2) Infinite Crisis #5 (George Perez cover)
3) X-FACTOR #5
4) Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5
5) The Punisher #31
6) Ms. Marvel #1
7) Hellboy: MAKOMA or, A Tale Told By a Mummy In The New York City Explorers' Club on August 16, 1993
8) Green Lantern Corps Recharge
9) New Excalibur #5
10) Books of Doom #4
11) Batman: Secrets #1
12) Ant #4
13) Uncanny X-MEN #470
14) (the Last) Adventures of Superman #649
15) Outsiders #34
16) JSA #83
17) Batman: Detective Comics #817.
I also managed to find the ANT TPB published by ARCANA. I was told it is hard to find. The new ANT series is being published by IMAGE. This week starts the 'One Year Later' event for DC. I'm intersted to see how it plays out. Supposedly we will be filled in on the missing year with '52'. I think that starts in May. The events that are being done by DC and Marvel cause there to be a lot of tie-ins. They get me to buy titles I didn't buy before the events started, like Outsiders, JSA, Exiles, etc. But, for the most part they are good reads. Weeks like this week, where I buy a lot of titles, are good and bad. Good because it gives me a lot to read, keeps me occupied. Bad, because it cost a lot of money. I spent over $60 this week. But, next week looks like it will be a light week.

xman25

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:27 PM #3 of 8
Originally Posted by nwzinc
Astonishing X-Men #13 - This is one of the few X-Men books that constantly delivers. This issue gives more into Emma and her possible infiltration of the X-Men.
I picked this up as well. The last arc involving the Danger Room coming alive etc didn't sit too well with me but the potential of having the Hellfire Club back in the mix has me pumped!

I have to give a shout out to Justice #4 though. The series has been a good read so far but everything kicked into gear in issue 4 and the last panel was devastating.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:10 AM #4 of 8
Originally Posted by Simo
The last arc involving the Danger Room coming alive etc didn't sit too well with me but the potential of having the Hellfire Club back in the mix has me pumped!
I had actually forgotten about that arc. And yeah, I kinda wish I could have kept it that way. Was an interesting concept, though. Just not crafted as well as the previous arcs in Astonishing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:07 PM #5 of 8
Adjectiveless X-Men #183 was an interesting read, but it all seems very forced with this Apocalypse story. I feel like I'm being told I should care about something, but I end up thinking "Wow, this is contrived". Maybe it's just cause it's an X-Men book, though.

I reference to X-Men, I just want some kind of explanation for how Apocalypse returned. I mean, the story's good, but it just feels to me like their going to say "he resurrected" and just stick with that. In reference to Astonishing, do we really need more Casandra Nova? And how is she back? Didn't they leave her comatose? I have lost all respect for this story arc because of the presence of the worst comic book character ever created.

I was speaking idiomatically.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:35 AM #6 of 8
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
In reference to Astonishing, do we really need more Casandra Nova? And how is she back? Didn't they leave her comatose? I have lost all respect for this story arc because of the presence of the worst comic book character ever created.
I'm sure we'll get some half-assed explanation later. I mean, just look at Amazing Spider-Man. They took a whole page to explain how Mary Jane's arm was "unbroken" in The Other story arc. That was high class...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:48 AM #7 of 8
I'm sure we'll get some half-assed explanation later. I mean, just look at Amazing Spider-Man. They took a whole page to explain how Mary Jane's arm was "unbroken" in The Other story arc. That was high class...
That was meant to be a joke. Obviously. They noticed that they fucked up and they made fun of it.

FELIPE NO
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:17 PM #8 of 8
Yeah, I laughed at the cheesiness of it, but they could have completely left it out, imo. Just my opinion, though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > This week in comics. (for March 1)