Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:59 PM #1 of 3609
Best part about the audience booing Cena is the WWE is forced to address it. They were pretty good about working with it tonight (both the announcers and the in-ring guys...especially Michaels).

Worst thing is, Cena would make such a good heel, but they won't turn him. Imagine him coming out rapping every night and the pop his opponent would get for attacking him in the middle of it. I'd actually appreciate Cena as a heel, but the hard-working-niceguy-wigger spiel was old the first time I heard it.

Nice to see the announcers working with Chris Masters' knuckleheadedness tonight...Carlito has some serious talent and mike skills and he's wasting them by playing nice with Masters, who'll probably be a mid-card jobber in a few months. Should be a good feud that makes people notice Carlito more.

And RVD as WWE champ= <3

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:57 AM #2 of 3609
Personally, I'm content with them redoing Austin vs McMahon with Triple H instead...I like the way they're keeping this storyline going week after week, with Spirit Squad taking the place of guys like Bossman, Brisco and Patterson. And really, there's no Billy Gunn, no Road Dogg, no X-Pac, no Chyna...Just an older Shawn Michaels and Triple H maybe in the prime of his career and the obvious focus of the group. Might be a good angle for Carlito to get into, to help his push.

I can see them doing an angle outside the ECW arena like the WCW tank incident...Then all of the ECW guys come out and beat their asses. Just to play up the whole WWE vs ECW thing.

I think Raw has gotten much stronger since the end of Wrestlemania and I'm actually looking forward to watching it again.

Most amazing jew boots
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:35 PM #3 of 3609
Hope you're happy, Rob...All those years of taking those sick bumps, all of those crazy moves and all of those injuries and you get jobbed out as champ before the DVD release of your title win comes out (and when the main event is SUPPOSED to just be a stupid tag match) because you're dumb enough to get pulled over with marijuana in the car. Moron.

At the VERY least, I think Edge has gotten over very well since the first MITB thing and will be an effective champ. He's grown on me and he's fun to watch in the ring. I'm thrilled Cena didn't win it tonight...I'm sick of him and the push he's gotten just because he carries the perception of being 'hip' to the ring with him.

FUCK YOU, CENA!

*clap clap*

FUCK YOU, CENA!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2006, 09:06 AM #4 of 3609
Wow, that last TNA show was really good...Really action-packed and with lots of cool segments (the "Target" one was great, I thought...Definitely a Russo idea come back from the dead). I'm seriously looking forward to this show more I did even a couple months ago. They actually have several match-ups I want to see even more than the whole WWE roster can put together (Joe vs Angle...again. Ironman! And I'm a big fan of both Styles and Daniels, so seeing those two in a lengthy feud would be great. And I've always been a Sting fan and he can give anyone a great match).

Piper can barely walk, so no surprise he's injured. At least he got to wear some more gold before he retired.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:02 PM #5 of 3609
I remember hearing about his "5 star" matches with Samoa Joe and that got me interested in him. He hasn't disappointed me. The staight-edge bit is a great wrestling gimmick...Sort of like the whole Stone Cold thing...It's something people can identify with.

Then again, Eugene is something people can identify with too, but he isn't exactly the perfect implementation of it.

LOL @ Flair last night...The chemistry between Orton and Edge was priceless, though the main event was a rip. For some reason, I'm psyched about Hardys vs MnM.

Seems WWE actually stepped it up a tad, now that TNA has...Or am I just imagining things? I felt little inclination to flip Packers-Seahawks on last night.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 01:02 AM #6 of 3609
TNA needs to get Heyman...All of the anger he's built up over the past year (of being forced to serve a watered-down product of something he worked the best years of his career for) or so has the potential to come out in the greatest of ways and TNA is already stepping their "anti-WWE" campaign up. Plus...Raven, the Dudleys, Rhino, Lynn...all major former ECW players.

Two of the greatest wrestling minds, Heyman and Russo working together...On a network that will probably let them get away with anything...The mind boggles at the possibilities.

Anyone else think TNA is seriously on the upswing?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:27 AM #7 of 3609
Originally Posted by mortis

One thing though people are failing to realize. Russo AND Heyman have flaws. Russo doesn't have anyone to hold him back from a creative standpoint. Heyman doesn't have anyone to hold him back from a finicial standpoint. They NEED to have someone there to, um, be a voice of reason
As far as I know, the Jarretts and Dixie Carter have full veto power over Russo's booking decisions. So far, aside from the Eric Young thing, he hasn't done anything borderline idiotic yet.

I'm not failing to realize this...Both are dreadfully imperfect (and likely incapable of working together). However, both are responsible for two of my favorite periods in wrestling (the Austin-McMahon era and the "real" ECW's upcoming) and are capable of creating on-screen characters I care about. I actually like much of the TNA roster from a personality and athletic standpoint to begin with and seeing either of those two booking at their best with that amount of talent can be scary. Not like McMahon and his recent way of constantly throwing shit against the wall and hoping we'll swallow it (um, Miz...Cena...Masters...Boogey...the idiot wearing the dress...MVP/Crime Tyme/K Fed...and how much Mark Henry did we get before the oaf finally got put out? Spirit Squad worked when it SHOULD have failed, but that was a Heyman creation.)

Russo's TNA booking at the moment is like a breath of fresh air right now. I actually want to see how these AMW and Abyss storylines play out now...I couldn't care less about either a couple months ago. And getting Joe vs Angle no less than 3 times in the past 3-4 weeks is too damn good (with one of the best promo set-ups I've seen in ages...The Angle story about the amatuer loss).

FELIPE NO
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:08 PM #8 of 3609
I think (or at least hope) the K-Fed thing is just a way of getting Nitro a boost (with him as his "trainer"). That guy's got some serious skill and he hasn't failed to deliver a good match anytime I've seen him. My prediction: He's the next Shawn Michaels.

Speaking of TNA...Still loving it. Even moreso now...The AMW feud is going to be hot and Russo's running the "crazed star wrestler" thing he did with Austin, except with Angle.

And props to Smackdown for having a very compelling show last night. I don't buy MVP being in the burn unit, but JBL's "shoot" was damn good. And my dad and I stopped dead in our tracks and watched when they ran the Joey Mercury thing...That was a sick injury he got and I have to give everyone involved credit for using it as a way to springboard that feud forward (though I think it will end in a Rockers-style MnM feud). Oh, and Ashley really is the best thing since the whole WWE diva thing started. She just never got enough decent airtime (the whole diva tag match was well-done...I didn't know Ashley could actually wrestle!) What happened to Miz when he fought the Boogeyman? Hopefully whatever it was will keep that retard down for good...Though I'll miss JBL badmouthing the fuck out of him.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 03:34 AM #9 of 3609
Didn't we have that shit last Wrestlemania? And...Cena and HHH are suddenly best buds now, so it would take a major shake-up to pull that off. I think now that HHH's WWE future is set long-term, he realizes it might be better for him to let the other guys have a shot at the title or he'll become Hulk Hogan or Kevin Nash and people will drop WWE like they did WCW. Probably why he's jobbed at the last 3 Wrestlemanias (Benoit, Batista, Cena).

I want to see either Edge or Nitro take the title from Cena...MAYBE Umaga. I just want to see the poser drop the title to SOMEONE. I'm tired of having him forcefed to everyone as a viable champion when he gets booed out of the building half of the time and his shtick is PAINFULLY scripted. He can't even act hurt convicingly (watch the expression on his face when he takes a suplex or something that puts him on the mat). The ONLY thing he's ever done where I approve of him was FUing Big Show.

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Dec 24, 2006 at 03:37 AM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 05:55 PM #10 of 3609
Originally Posted by mortis
People are now talking about a face turn for Nitro, with the idea of his partner Mercury returning...and turning on him come after Mania (or at Mania). Thing is though, I can't forsee Nitro getting enough support to gain a world title reign. Furthermore, I hate to say it, but just having the last name of 'Nitro' is bad considering how much Vince LOVES 'Nitro'...
I agree...He's too young right now and doesn't have enough heat. He needs one really memorable feud before he gets into main event status and some decent mic skills. As is, it would be unfair for him to get the push over much more deserving Carlito, who's been on the cusp of stardom since jumping Chris Masters last year. Nitro vs Carlito would be a feud I might consider buying a PPV for...Both are probably the best pure athletes on the WWE roster and are technically sound wrestlers that can fly. But there is the Vince/Nitro thing...

You can count on Mercury vs Nitro around Wrestlemania though, if Mercury recovers in time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 03:34 AM #11 of 3609
You know, I'm sad it happened to HHH the person, but I'm not sad it happened to HHH the wrestler. DX had a great reunion tour, but they're a rebel without a cause right now and their value (and prescence) has diminished. This just forces the writers to be a tad more creative with Michaels and Edge/Orton...HHH is a lot like Ric Flair in that he can deliver the same low-impact match night after night, so I won't miss him in that respect. I also don't like seeing him being all buddy-buddy with Cena when the two were after each other earlier in the year and no explanation...Seeing DX bail Cena 2-3 times really makes me question their usefulness at this point. I just hope they use that time that's been freed up wisely...

And what the fuck was that shit going down tonight? Watch the crowd during that "match"...No one was moving or paying attention for the most part. Lamest Raw segment in 14 years and 711 shows, bar-none. That and Khali had the Fiesta Bowl on TV most of the night.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 02:10 AM #12 of 3609
I'd pay money to watch Undertaker kick the shit out of John Cena.

Spoiler:
Seriously. Good money.

Wonder where Michaels fits into all of this...With HHH out, there is going to be a massive scramble to reshuffle, which is probably why Undertaker is getting the sudden push.

I wonder when we're getting the 20 DVD Royal Rumble boxset...I will be ordering that when and if it comes about.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:48 AM #13 of 3609
I can't remember clearly. . . I don't know if there was a storyline with Martel and Ramon where Martel "stole" the belt, or something. Like the thing with Michaels at Wrestlemania X where he had his own IC title. As for the date, it only stats it as that -> Ramon defended[and defeated] the title against him.
The title holder before was not him, and Rick Martel is listed only once in the IC title history as a challenger.
Here's what happened: Michaels was stripped of the IC Belt in Sept 93 and there was a battle royal, where the two last men standing would battle in a 1 on 1 match for the title. Martel and Razor were the last ones standing and Razor went on to beat Martel. That was basically the end of Martel's run in WWF, as I don't recall him doing anything after losing that match (though he did show up in WCW for a brief spell). Afterwards, Razor had a brief feud with IRS, then the Michaels "fake belt" debacle came about and was cleared up in their Wreslemania X ladder match.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:22 AM #14 of 3609
I remember having to "listen" to a Raw back in 1993 or maybe 1994 because the image wasnt coming in. Marty surprised Michaels ring and they had a match right then and there. I think Jannety beat him but Heenan came to the ring and either put HBKs leg on the rope or lied to the ref or something. Anyhow, I think Jannety only had it for like a week.
I basically lived through this era, so here it is: It was a RAW in May, 1993 (the same one where 1-2-3 Kid defeated Razor Ramon and became an instant hit). Michaels had come off two weak defenses against Hacksaw and was being interviewed. Vince basically called him a chickenshit ("a reluctant fighting champion") and Michaels bragged he could beat anyone at anytime. Jannetty came in wearing street clothes and challenged him to a match. Later that night, Michaels had Jannetty beat, but Curt Hennig came down to ringside and wound up throwing a towel in Michael's face. Jannetty cradled him for the pin.

His reign was 20 days long. Michaels beat him in a non-televised match with the debuting Diesel's aid (Diesel grabbed Marty's leg, then sweet chin music) a week or so before King of the Ring. Michaels went on to beat Jannetty again in another RAW main event, but I don't recall the time period. That was one where Jannetty thought he had won, but the match was restarted and Michael's foot was on the rope. I think they used the excuse that Diesel pressured the ref into restarting the match, but the foot WAS legitimately on the rope.

Jannetty was pretty much out of the title picture in 1994, although he held the tag titles with the 1-2-3 Kid for all of 7 days. I think he was gone by mid-year.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:17 PM #15 of 3609
Boom! Did anyone catch how he...um, escaped?

In any case, it beats the DX limo job I was expecting or the Stone Cold-as-the-driver I had as a back-up...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Jun 11, 2007 at 10:20 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:38 AM #16 of 3609
My problem with TNA is they're only on seven hours each month...Four shows and a pay per view. I think they could be really good if they had the extra hour to help showcase talent.

I watch RAW as a conditioned reflex every Monday, but you'd have to drug me to sit through ECW or Smackdown. Wrestling is mediocre right now...I'm fine with talent pool (Edge = best thing wrestling has going for it right now...Carlito should be, but he's getting buried now), but I'm tired of having wigger-boy shoved in my face 2/3 times every Monday and made out to be Superman when he's obviously getting booed out of the arena. Sorry Vince...Wiggermania just wasn't meant to be. Can you PLEASE just turn him heel already?

But worse comes to worse...Think back to the days of every match ending in a count-out/DQ or being a prelim squash or no diva matches (aside from Sensational Sherri getting hammered by opponents). I'm kind of thankful we get some quality action every week. Tonight was a good example...Very entertaining stuff.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:40 PM #17 of 3609
Quote:
Pick No. 1: Raw selects Paul London & Brian Kendrick
The fuck? Now Smackdown has no tag teams.

Quote:
Pick No. 4: Raw selects Sandman
Um, why? That defeats the purpose of HAVING Sandman anywhere on the roster.

Quote:
Pick No. 6: ECW selects The Miz
So, Sandman for the bum. Brilliant.

Quote:
Pick No. 8: SmackDown selects The Major Brothers
Who? Unless that's the official name of the hicks or the gangsters that tag team on RAW, I've never heard of these guys.

Quote:
Pick No. 9: Raw selects William Regal
Eh, he strikes me as more of a no-nonsense Smackdown guy. Although King Booker is now on RAW, so this makes sense.

Quote:
Pick No. 10: SmackDown selects Victoria
Pick No. 11: Raw selects Jillian Hall
Ehhhhh...I like Victoria. She can wrestle a decent match and I think I prefer her "assets" to Jillian's as well. Bad trade, IMO. I'd have liked to see some more Micki vs Victoria matches.

Quote:
Pick No. 12: SmackDown selects Eugene
Good riddence.

Quote:
Pick No. 13: ECW selects Johnny Nitro
Ouch...Talk about a demotion. Nitro's one of the best workers on any roster, so I don't get this. Seasoning, maybe?

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2007, 03:42 AM #18 of 3609
The thing with Sherri was they showed a brief "In Memory" snippet for about 10 seconds, then about 3 lines from JR during the diva match and even before that match started, they went back to hyping the McMahon death angle in their sad tones. I dunno...I think that was poor taste, albeit indirectly. I mean, Sherri was fucking classic and deserved more of a mention.

I agree with Kostaki: this thing is going to come back to HHH. I thought "DX" as soon as I saw Vince go into the limo. With Michaels out, I can see this generating some cool heat (especially the way they played up Stephanie tonight). I'm all for it if it means indirectly getting the belt off Cena and onto someone I can stand to watch. Overall, I'm liking the novelty of this angle...Of course, I like the fact that the crowd and the audience is so NOT sold on it, despite all of the gimmickery. It's a different atmosphere. First great spot from Crime Tyme tonight too...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2007, 08:09 PM #19 of 3609
Good news...The Attitude era was the golden era of wrestling for me. The business has been downright lethargic for the past 6 years or so. The atmosphere during the whole Austin/McMahon angle was electrifyingly must-see TV and I'm all for a return to that (with new faces, of course). I mean, I wouldn't mind Cena if he would go out there and do something to make me like him, instead of being the silly "good guy" poser that he is. I mean, geez...He's the PERFECT fucking heel. Everyone already hates him! But they need guys to act like they're good and pissed off and have motivation to fight each other. And get guys like Mark Henry and Khali off the show for people with actual mic skills and that can put on a great 20 minute match. Right now, it really looks like they're working night shifts instead of having creative and compelling feuds/matches.

I really want to see Benoit/Punk and Edge/Batista. Those are going to be awesome matches and I really can't predict a winner. I only care about the other one if Cena loses. I think I said before, but I'll say again...Edge may be the best thing to happen to wrestling in years. He's just really taken off (much like the Rock did, but his growth from midcarder to main eventer was much more natural). Kennedy hopefully isn't too far behind.

Most amazing jew boots
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:30 AM #20 of 3609
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqklcni4vPo

Nah, getting run over is old hat (see above). The highlight of Attitude era was the eight month period from when Vince (at the height of his Austin hatred and his "Corporation" stable) screwed Austin out of the title, fired him and it culminated at St. Valentine's Massacre with Austin vs McMahon in the cage. For such a gimmick match, it's up there as one of the best I can remember. Then it went right into the Austin/Rock matches and held momentum. Early on, I loved the whole Hart Foundation angle in mid-1997(since that was when Austin was really coming into his own) and the Mick Foley-getting-thrown-off-the-cage still floors me every time I've seen it.

I didn't like HHH once he started main eventing in the attitude era because of the Stephanie angle (I did like HHH vs McMahon though). HHH is like Austin...He's a lot more exciting in the title hunt than as the actual champ.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:50 PM #21 of 3609
It's official...I'm not only going to watch ECW for the first time since they released Sabu, I'm looking forward to it more than I am RAW.

Woo-hoo! Go Nitro! May you have a long and healthy reign and many (more) awesome matches.

On the other hand, boy I'm glad I didn't order this. Cena retains (fuck). Batista is counted out (dammit). Nothing else mattered (*sigh*).

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:52 PM #22 of 3609
Wow, that's just...

No words. Not even a joke about him taking his life for getting drafted to ECW. RIP Chris...You were the man. You have more wrestling ability deceased than most of the current roster does alive.

Very sad.

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:21 PM #23 of 3609
Damn, I'm stuck here at the damn computer lab...I wish I could be watching some of this. Figures...

Does any of recent RAW ever end up on Youtube?

FELIPE NO
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 03:11 AM #24 of 3609
Woman: Ha, they put you ECW? That's it...I don't know you anymore.
Benoit: Urge to kill...Rising...

I didn't know about the family patching leave...I thought it was for surgery.

Unless it was the wife who killed Chris and the son, then herself (and from what I remember of Woman, I wouldn't be horribly surprised), that sounds like a likely scenario. I'll always be a fan of the guy and his suicide headbutts and stuff, but there is a bit of a personal conflict if the murder bit turns out to be real (which it apparently was). But then again, you never know the rest of the circumstances. In any case, my ECW theory is just as good as any until some real facts come out.

Maybe...Kevin Sullivan, Benoit's sworn enemy has a role? (he took Woman away from him originally).

Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:30 PM #25 of 3609
Okay, the media is fucking pissing me off (as usual). Now they're on Vince's ass for the 3 hour tribute last night and trying to chalk this up to steroid rage. Jesus christ, give the guy a break...They didn't have all the facts, they found out he was dead 4-5 hours before the show, obviously no one was in any mental shape to work because a friend and co-worker was dead and the facts were still being worked out (even if they found at, like 7:30 it was a murder-suicide, they couldn't have done anything about it). And this sounds more like a domestic thing than steroids, which can't be that damn important.

Okay, Benoit's wrong for what he did and probably deserves to be condemned...But the media is just being a bunch of sensationalist assholes over this whole tribute deal and most were probably indifferent (or opposed) to pro wrestling to begin with, so of course they're going to play up the domestic abuse and drug angles as best they can.

Yeah, this is why listening to Axl Rose's tirade in "Get in the Ring" is so damn satisfying. I'm on Vince's side here, for once in his life...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread