Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 11:40 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 11:40 AM #1 of 3609
The most shocking thing about all this, we find that Vince McMahon has taken his head out of HHH's ass, and HHH has taken his head out of Vince McMahon's ass at the same time.

Nothing like a fresh cup of double irony.

This "new ECW" is going to be pretty stale really, no matter how "hard" it's made to sound. Vince will never go back on his move limitation policy as to stop injuries, so you'll never see some of the insane and wacky shit that ECW used to do in the past. That's what made the wrestling good, and the matches even better.

This looks more like a ploy to draw attention away from TNA, and I guess it appears to be working considering everyone and their dog are having orgasms over the news of ECW returning. All they're doing now is kicking a dead horse at this point, but we'll see if anything comes out of it.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 12:36 PM #2 of 3609
Sabu only wrestled maybe 5-7 times a year for TNA while under contract with them, so it isn't a complete loss. Samoa Joe would be a complete loss, but luckily his allegiance lies soundly with TNA.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 01:25 AM #3 of 3609
That smells more like angle opening than it does a legit fight, to give Batista someone to feud with while everything finishes up with Rey Mysterio and the World Title. If they were to put Batista against Rey now, it's clear the mismatch would be absolutely horrible where you couldn't see Batista losing at ALL.

That's the feeling I get from it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:02 AM #4 of 3609
Looks like the WWE has confirmed a timeslot for ECW on TV. The place?

SCI-FI CHANNEL

lololol

It's like time travel back to 1996 or something.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 09:23 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 09:23 AM #5 of 3609
Originally Posted by Wojo
I said that WCW sucked dick
WCW "sucking dick" was the catalyst that gave rise to the entire "attitude" era of the WWF in order to regain it's win over the rating wars. There would be no Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mankind, Corporate Ministries, DX, or any of the sort if WCW had not have been winning the ratings war for a year and a half.

It's people like you that don't give WCW enough credit for being a fucking viable wrestling company that gave a lot back to the industry. Stand behind the entire goddamned industry for once, not a single fucking promotion.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 11:28 PM #6 of 3609
Originally Posted by Wojo
Thats an invalid argument sorry. That's a little something called competition. Thats like saying without Coca-Cola, Pepsi wouldnt be where they are right now.
LOL. Invalid my ass.

What you fail to realize, is that what you're saying actually is true. Without Coca-Cola, Pepsi wouldn't be where it is. Without Pepsi, Coca-Cola wouldn't be where they are. Each of them have aggressively marketed against each other and have literally swamped out brands like RC Cola because of such competition. Remove one or the other from the equation, and a brand like RC Cola might be on top right now. That's how it works.

Without WCW, the WWE would not be where they are right now. Without WCW, the WWE has been failing horribly in keeping interesting storylines going while building new stars. The entire attitude era was born solely on the premise to oust WCW, like in the example above with Coca-Cola and Pepsi. The AOL/Time Warner merger is what killed WCW, not industry competition. Only now that TNA has emerged, are they taking a stance on attempting to bring back what was once interesting.

This is fact, as much as you'd like to consider it invalid.

Originally Posted by Slash
Yes, because WCW Fired Austin because they were winning the Monday Night Wars
Steve Williams was released from WCW long before the "Monday Night Wars" even began. He went to ECW for a year before actually going to the WWF. Remember, he came into the WWF at the time not as Stone Cold, but as the Ringmaster managed by Ted DiBiase. He then developed into the Stone Cold gimmick and it took off in 1997 and 1998 which is one major piece of what turned the tide in WWF's favor. I will admit, the Stone Cold character was one of the best characters the WWF has produced and it's sometimes tough to find the right formula for the right wrestler. Bischoff failed to do it, but Vince and company struck gold with it. Had WCW not fired Steve Williams, and had ECW put the title on him when he was feuding with Mikey Whipwreck, there is a huge chance that there would be no Stone Cold Steve Austin. This is how it works.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 01:35 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 01:35 AM #7 of 3609
Don't forget about WCW's wonderful ratings idea by giving the Heavyweight Championship to David Arquette.
I never said that WCW was perfect in any way, both companies have tried ridiculous things in order to grab higher ratings. Vince McMahon has also given himself at the title on one occasion too. I can pretty easily compare the Arquette bit with Vince putting "God" in storylines and in matches as well as Katie Vick.

They went back and forth, did a lot of good and a lot of shit. Again, that's how it works.

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 08:05 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 08:05 AM #8 of 3609
Those two examples are good with the exception of a few minor details. Jeff Jarrett in general is the one that basically helped create the TNA brand, and most of his heel gimmick such as him beating people over the head with guitars came about because of WCW. But your last part holds perfectly true, if WCW was still in business there may have been no TNA. Though comparing Jarrett and Austin's popularity is beyond impossible.

JBL like John Cena is one of those weird cases where no one particularly gave a damn about their title runs because they're horrible wrestlers, yet they remained with a job and the title for a good long time. Though JBL in general only became "JBL" because Ron Simmons retired due to internal depushing of the tag team division.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 09:00 PM #9 of 3609
Stacy was contemplating her stay with WWE during Dancing with the Stars and if I remember right, she decided to leave WWE after her I think July 21st contract expiration
This is correct. Basically, she's done with wrestling to pursue other ventures. A good move of course, because the WWE needs less bra and panty matches and more actual wrestling with their women. A lesson they'll never learn of course, but meh.

Also would like to point out the absolute truth.

ROH > WCW > TNA > ECW > WWE > WWECW

This is undeniable fact.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:14 AM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 03:14 AM #10 of 3609
WCW going downhill was only over a series of about 3 years, but it still leaves the NWA/WCW and WCW days as being great times. The way things are now though, everyone is making mistakes. All except ROH, that is.

They got Lance Storm out of retirement to face ROH Champion Bryan Danielson. It was likely the best Lance Storm match I have ever seen.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 03:05 PM #11 of 3609
Originally Posted by Winter Storm
Yes I have'nt seen much since the end of WCW. lolwwe
lolwwe indeed.

You should check out Ring of Honor, sure it's no WCW but the shit they do there absolutely brutalizes any "wrestling" that WWE puts forth. Most of TNA's top talent came from ROH.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:23 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 08:23 AM #12 of 3609
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
hello? anyone know?
There is no real reason why it's been delayed, but I imagine since the WWE knows that it will sell well they're waiting until the holiday season for a concrete release. If not this, then it's just a general delay.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 11:34 PM #13 of 3609
So Vince feeds him steroids, proceeds to figure out that the big steroid guys AREN'T OVER ANYMORE, and then "suspends" him for using steroids.

I don't know who to put the shame on, Vince for the act or Masters for buying it. Pure WWE gold. Nothing to see here anymore, move along now.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 10:11 PM #14 of 3609
Angle and the WWE really don't mix now given that he needs a lighter schedule to work with. I'd honestly rather see him and his talents in ROH/TNA so we can see some dream matches before he has to retire. Since they can save those matches for high caliber PPVs and shows, that would be perfect.

Won't happen though, because of many people would consider Angle "crazy" for leaving the WWE scene. A shame, too.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:28 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:28 PM #15 of 3609
So there's something apparently crazy about loving the business and wanting to give it everything you've got until the end?

That's not a nut case man, that's a cause for fucking respect.

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:39 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 11:39 PM #16 of 3609
Having read the results for RAW upon returning from a night out on the town (what, I'd actually watch RAW?) I have only one thing to say.

Spoiler:
LOL

Edge v. Cena? DX v. Vince? A psuedo brand split? Chris Masters becomes Rob Conway?

Spoiler:
LOL~!
more liek welcome to two months ago again today thx

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:04 AM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 11:04 AM #17 of 3609
I think "commiting suicide" as a term is much too strong to apply to this. You and I both know that he was well aware of his own limits, and rather than sit at home collecting a paycheck he came back time and time again to entertain you.

As humans we should all be about breaking our own limits. Angle has lived being able to do that, so he has my respect in doing that. It takes real honor in this day and age to live up to your commitments and words, and I think we all gained something from watching his matches.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 06:49 PM #18 of 3609
I can sympathize with him asking questions like that. Why?

RVD was on top of his game. He had both the WWE and ECW titles in his grasp, but STILL STILL STILL took the risk of running around with narcotics. He was caught, it's bad for business. Valid question.

Big Show doesn't even belong on the ECW roster. ECW never needed big giant guys to get over in their promotion, they needed guys like the old roster had that were smaller but could go the distance in matches. Angle fits that bill perfectly, but Big Show is ECW Champion. Why? Valid question.

Sabu has no business being employed by the WWE. 80% of his "hardcore" moveset is now limited because of the WWE and their limitations on what can be performed and their wellness policy. That was Sabu's gimmick you know, the "homicidal, genocidal Sabu" bit. Angle could carry matches while giving off that air of being hardcore without requiring to resort to a gimmick where most of your moves are hardcore moves. Valid question.

Angle wanted what was good for business, and undoubtedly good for his career. He's been with the company now loyally since he signed with them, and deserves to be able to ask questions every now and then.

Respect is earned, and he earned it during his tenure by busting his ass for the business not doing stupid shit like getting caught with narcotics or relying on a gimmick that is crippled from promotion to promotion.

You have to think about the nature of things before putting politics ahead of the matter.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:11 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 07:11 PM #19 of 3609
It's hard to be a locker room leader when Vince McMahon calls all the shots. Even if the story is true, there would be feasible reasoning behind it. He could have pushed to remain on RAW and chase after Edge (which would have been 200% better) but instead did not care about going into what could have bombed in the end.

True or not, he wouldn't lose my respect.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 06:48 PM #20 of 3609
Originally Posted by CapturedPenguin
I love how everyone keeps ragging on the Big Show. The man has done nothing but bleed since becoming ECW Champion, and has only had one really bad match and that was with ringrusted Batistia who was really only made because Triple H carried his ass anyway. You act like The Big Show killed your unborn child, do you expect this guy to perform like Bret Hart or Kurt Angle? He's over 500 pounds sometimes you have to work with what you got. You act like you expect him to do a hurricarana or something.
I expect people under the ECW banner to behave as ECW wrestlers. ANY wrestler can sit there and blade, hell Ric Flair does it all the time. The bottom line is, ECW as a whole was never built upon having larger guys in their roster. To answer your question, yes, I fully expect him to act like an ECW wrestler. You cannot expect to work the same WWE style in an ECW ring and then be taken seriously as the ECW champion. There are tons of other people more worthy to be holding that title (Y HELO THAR CHRIS BENOIT) than the Big Show is.

I expect him to do shit that he would normally never do because he is in ECW now. He used to be able to do a moonsault back in his WCW glory days, among other things. If you want to change promotions, you adapt to the new promotion's style unless you want to concede that ECW is nothing more than WWE2 now.

*also bigger wrestlers in the WWE have been known to kill unborn children refer to gene snitsky thx

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 07:41 PM #21 of 3609
The problem is that the WWE is seriously pushing ECW to be it's own brand and has for the most part, attempted to retain the look and feel of the older ECW. Where the issue begins is that they're using WWE stars who never really had anything to do with "ECW" as a whole to accomplish this. Not only that, they're using people who really don't fit the ECW style. Thus, I have a problem with the Big Show even being on the roster, much less the ECW champion.

It isn't about who can do it better, it's about who can do it to give the promotion an extra push that has had ECW ties before. Chris Benoit is an ECW alumni, fits the ECW style by definition, and could have great matches with some of ECW's finest. Big Show on the other hand, will use the same WWE big man style of boots and chokeslams with a weapon or two, but call it hardcore like it was ECW.

All I'm saying is, they're seriously trying to push ECW as a separate brand instead of a third brand. To that effect, they need to make the ends justify the means.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:21 PM #22 of 3609
I'll agree that as a last minute decision, that was understandable. He has held onto it however for far too long and has basically only had one real ECW opponent for the title in Sabu.

Again, the issue is the flood of WWE guys they're trying to put in there. CM Punk is in ECW right now and considering his skills he would also be a good candidate to put the belt on. There are a plethora of other guys in OVW and in developmental territories that could be brought up and used over time.

Show simply isn't a believable ECW champion, and is better off as a transitional champion who should have dropped the title to someone like CM Punk or someone that can be given a chance to shine.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 03:31 AM #23 of 3609
Yes I do.

The industry as a whole needs new names it can rely on. New names that have the talent potential to become and remain good champions. Brock Lesnar basically had the same "big man" syndrome that all of the more muscular guys have that got over, and being handed a title like that ultimately did get to his head. Lesnar had never worked for other real wrestling promotions before, and never really "paid his dues" so to speak, but was handed a title.

This is the main difference between Brock Lesnar and CM Punk.

CM Punk has been ROH Heavyweight Champion AND OVW Heavyweight Champion. He has already been in several territories and other promotions in his time. He's been around the corner and back several times over the course of his career, and ultimately knows what it's like to hold titles and lose titles.

Lesnar on the other hand, was only built to be the WWE's "Goldberg" wannabe (much like Umaga is supposed to be their Samoa Joe wannabe) and didn't really have much of a gimmick aside from the "next big thing" routine. When that fell apart, so did Lesnar.

I could bring up more facts and history, but you get the idea.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kostaki; Sep 1, 2006 at 03:35 AM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:38 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 03:38 PM #24 of 3609
They would probably fit the mold of ECW better, and Mysterio might be someone good to feud with Big Show for the time being using the whole David and Goliath scenario except with Mysterio realizing that now in ECW he can neutralize Show with weapons.

Even with those three though, new talent and names are pretty much required for both the WWE and ECW at this point. If they don't start developing now, it'll only take one good wave of injuries to send them all into a panic.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:33 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:33 PM #25 of 3609
Well obviously, anything that involves Great Khali is a gigantic bust. Back in WCW though, when Mysterio was set to face Kevin Nash and actually ended up getting a pin on him abruptly when Nash went for the jackknife and Mysterio countered it into a pin it was a pretty kickass moment.

Those feuds CAN be done right, under the right conditions.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread