Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Smokers Anonymous

kobunicus
Spork Master

Member 1082

Level 7.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:01 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:01 AM #51 of 93
I can't even afford to smoke. lol.
You guys are lucky, what with all your freedom and such.

How ya doing, buddy?
eatings things one at a time, with a spork
w
|
Claliel
The Wetworks

Member 912

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:51 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:51 AM #52 of 93
Heh... riiiiight. I think for most of us, we smoke because there are so many things wrong with our lives that it makes us feel less bad about ourselves by smoking.

Either that or we're just stupid.

How ya doing, buddy?
Don't you despise pointless signatures?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:05 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:05 PM #53 of 93
I smoke cigars, maybe sometimes cigarillos. Smoking cigarettes is for losers. I even detest people who think they have to smoke but don't have enough money for real filter cigarettes and buy this stupid tobacco self-made kit shit instead.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:06 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:06 PM #54 of 93
I do not smoke.
I don't really care if people smoke, it's their problem, but I can be annoyed when they smoke in my presence. However I'm kind of used to it since my parents've been smoking around me for a very long time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 08:58 AM #55 of 93
Originally Posted by Encephalon
I'm a habitual smoker, but I did quit when I started college and only started again when I broke up with my last girlfriend.
Dang, I've got the same exact story.

Having only recently started smoking, I'm still trying different brands to see which I like the best - right now it's Winstons. I started with stealing a Winston light from my parents, so I figure I may as well continue the trend.

I only smoke about 3 a day on a normal day. On a stressful day or a day at home when I can smoke in my room, I can smoke as many as seven. Still, it takes me about a week to get through a whole pack.

Anyway, I've got this lame excuse about it being a genetic deficiency in glutamate or something. Everybody in my extended family smokes, and to top that off I'm 1/8th Native American (same a Chuck Norris, whoopty-doo). I mean, it's probably just placebo, but I feel much more sane now that I'm smoking again. It's like there was something missing.

Actually, I'd like to smoke a pipe instead, but I've got to wait until I'm older so I don't look like a complete tool doing it.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by doodle; Mar 3, 2006 at 09:00 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:19 AM #56 of 93
Originally Posted by Musharraf
I smoke cigars, maybe sometimes cigarillos.
What brand, Mush? See, I smoke Upman robustos on a rare occasion and I like the look and smell of those cigarillos. I mean, come on, who doesn't think they look cool after watching A Fistful Of Dollars? But I bought one tin once and they were awful - before realizing they were stale. Any suggestions? I like something fairly mild.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:24 AM #57 of 93
Originally Posted by doodle
Having only recently started smoking, I'm still trying different brands to see which I like the best - right now it's Winstons. I started with stealing a Winston light from my parents, so I figure I may as well continue the trend.
Right now is the time to stop. Seriously, what are you thinking? It's one thing if you're already an established smoker, but it's like you're saying, "Oh hey...I just had a great idea! I'll start a habit that's really expensive and will make me wrinkle prematurely, smell bad, will yellow my teeth and will cause me to die a horrible, agonizing death!"

Stop now before you get too addicted. As an ex-smoker I can tell you that it's not easy to stop, and the longer you wait, the harder it gets.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:27 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 04:27 PM #58 of 93
Smoking makes no sense to me, so I never tried and never will try.

I wonder who came up with the stupid idea to fill a piece of paper with plantstuff, put it in his mouth and set it aflame. It's like walking around with a pencil stuck in your nose.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:17 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 08:17 AM #59 of 93
Originally Posted by wishfire
Salem black labels were my smoke of choice for about six months until I discovered cloves, and have been absolutely hooked on Djarum blacks since.
<3. Djarum Super/Cherry/Vanilla are mine.

Quote:
They run a little under $5 a pack where I live (Louisiana), and I go through a pack about every two or three days, sometimes longer. Depends on my stress level, really.
It usually takes me about a week to go through a pack of cloves so the habit isn't really expensive for me, even at those prices.

I have a friend who recently tried to quit drinking and failed miserably, but since he missed having that fucking buzz from beer he decided he was going to make up for it with cloves. So this dumbshit was chain-smoking a pack and a half of Djarum Specials every night. I had to start hiding my packs when he'd come over to the house because he'd literally ash about a week's worth of cigarettes in one night and god forbid he was "fuckin' stressed by a test, man" because then it would be 2 week's worth of my smokes. :/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
wishfire
#27E3FF

Member 996

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:29 AM #60 of 93
UGH. I hate it when people would bum cloves off of me repeatedly and not ask me. It's one thing to ask me, to which I will normally comply. But to just yoink 'em? Not cool dude, not cool. The only problem with hiding blacks is that the smell totally seeps from outside the package and unto everything it touches for more than a few hours so it's kind of hard to hide them. ;_;

I've never tried the cherry. Love the vanilla, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Serano
Fumbling towards ecstacy

Member 1206

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:50 AM #61 of 93
I don't smoke. Never had the urge to try.

I don't mind people smoking, except when they do it in a restaurant, while you're trying to eat.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:00 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:00 PM #62 of 93
Originally Posted by LeHah
What brand, Mush? See, I smoke Upman robustos on a rare occasion and I like the look and smell of those cigarillos. I mean, come on, who doesn't think they look cool after watching A Fistful Of Dollars? But I bought one tin once and they were awful - before realizing they were stale. Any suggestions? I like something fairly mild.
Davidoff mostly, but when I'm drunk I don't really care what brand.

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:07 AM #63 of 93
<3. Djarum Super/Cherry/Vanilla are mine.

It usually takes me about a week to go through a pack of cloves so the habit isn't really expensive for me, even at those prices.
Not to be an ass, but don't mostly women smoke cloves? I've only ever seen women smoke cloves, especially since they come in fancy boxes with like, red hearts on them. Don't get me wrong, if I were down and out at the airport before a long flight, I'd smoke a Virginia Slim with my asshole if that's all I could bum from someone. I didn't know men actually bought clove cigarettes, though.

I had one before, and they're delicious; nothing's better than a nicotine fix combined with the taste of candy. I heard they're worse for you than normal cigarettes, though.

Generally when men go for flavor, it's a black & mild "cigar" or maybe another brand of cheap cigar (generally the kind that are easy to put weed in [cigarellos, White Owls]). I avoid black & milds because they get stale so quickly and when they are stale they will make your lungs feel like poop if you take a single inhale... Truly sickening... You can hear the cheap papers crackling as you puff...

Shit, I haven't had one of those in a while. SHIIIIT. I need to get away from this thread.

I have a friend who recently tried to quit drinking
Shit, aren't there enough things to deny one's self.

FELIPE NO
Blanka
Syklis Green

Member 1209

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:09 PM #64 of 93
Nope, I think I'm allergic to the smoke. And it doesn't help that dad is allergic to weed, so I'm pretty much stuck with being healthy. 0_o

TRZD
i'm rappity rappin'

Member 391

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:09 PM #65 of 93
I've never smoked and don't intend to. I remember when I was growing up I was always ragging on my parents trying to make them quit. My mum came close once and my dad did give up for a couple of weeks, but they're still both going now. I think I used to piss them off quite a lot actaully, constantly telling them not to do it. Now however I don't really care if people want to do it as really it's up to them, I just like some consideration from smokers not to almost purposely blow it in my face and I'm fine with it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:15 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:15 PM #66 of 93
I've smoked since I was about 12 or so. At the moment I smoke about 10 Marlboro Lights a day although that number rockets up on friday and saturday evenings when I'm out at the pub. I might quit one of these days though, it's getting rather expensive.

doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:31 AM #67 of 93
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Stop now before you get too addicted. As an ex-smoker I can tell you that it's not easy to stop, and the longer you wait, the harder it gets.
I know what you're saying here, and I know you speak from wisdom and experience, but right now it just doesn't matter to me. I quit once before, after about 3 years of smoking, but whatever reasons I had for doing it then don't apply anymore. I thank you for your concern, but I really need a personal reason to quit. If I quit because of what other people say, it won't be a permanent thing.

Besides, we've all got to die someday. It would be my luck that I'd be a physical health purist and die in a car crash at 30. It's not like I'm chowing down on cheeseburgers and fried eggs, anyway ... and there are all sorts of other excuses.

DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:17 AM #68 of 93
I do not smoke, and I do not mind the smell. It's what I hear about what inhaling it can do for my health that bothers me. I understand you're addicted, but please dont kill me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kobunicus
Spork Master

Member 1082

Level 7.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:23 PM #69 of 93
I noticed alot of you non-smokers don't mind others smoking.
I'm waay on the other spectrum. I tend to mind ALOT... but i never act on it at all or make faces. But it gives me headache and frustration... and I think im allergic to it cuz I get very bad stomach aches. So sometimes, I can't help it and leave the vicinity or change seats on the bus. Very annoying when i ingest smoke in the morning due to public bus stops.

Sorry smokers.

eatings things one at a time, with a spork
w
|

Last edited by kobunicus; Mar 3, 2006 at 02:31 PM.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:41 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:41 PM #70 of 93
I smoke cigarettes, Camel Lights mostly, but sometimes Basic Menthol Ultra Light 100's (my girlfriends cigarettes), and whnever both of us are out of them, I just bum Marlboro's from my friend Bryan. I love smoking, I don't know why. I usualyy smoke about 3/4 pack a day.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:49 PM #71 of 93
I sucked a mouthfull of a cigarette once. I hated it, so nowadays, I don't smoke and I never will.

I, however, absolutely love the smell of cigar(ette) smoke in bars and the smell of people when they come inside after a fag outside. I'm strange, I know.

FELIPE NO
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:46 PM #72 of 93
I don't smoke. Neither does anyone in my family. I really don't care if people smoke around me as long as they aren't puffing smoke in my face. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, but I don't mind the smell of it burning.

alhana
wrapped in taffeta

Member 732

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:14 AM #73 of 93
I really don't like smoking... I have never tried it, but even the smell of it makes me feel bad. Sometimes people who smoke don't even know themselves that their clothes/breath smell bad. :shh:

How ya doing, buddy?
Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:00 AM #74 of 93
I don't smoke regularly, but every once in a while I might do a cigar if I'm feeling particularly agitated, or am conversely in a celebratory mood. Hookah's fucking amazing tobacco, and I love kicking it back with friends, smoking pomegranate (my favorite) or some other funky flavor of tobacco out of a hookah and feeling heady. Other than that, cigarettes kill me, but I don't mind smokers as long as they explore the option that least infects the communal air.

Originally Posted by alhana
Sometimes people who smoke don't even know themselves that their clothes/breath smell bad. :shh:
I dunno, like the brother that steals the protagonist's fiance in "Wild Strawberries" said "Cigars are a nice masculine smell". And to be sure, there's some good smelling stuff abound.

Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:18 PM #75 of 93
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
If I quit, I wouldn't have anything to reward myself with anymore. ;_;
Holy shit! Well said. Couldn;t agree more. Truer words have never been spoken. I guess that'd be a partial explanation on why people always smoke after sex.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Smokers Anonymous