Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kai's art dump

Kaijima
Squeak the Dragon

Member 313

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:28 PM #1 of 6
Kai's art dump

Well, there's a few bits of art I can dump here. I'll post offsite links as the web size of my images are fitted to my own gallery, and would probably stretch the forum page too far.

I primarily work digitally with a Wacom Intuos 3 6x8 tablet on an Mac (OSX). After sketching and doing layout in Corel Painter, I do final line art in Creature House Expression if the style goes toward the inked look. Then it's back to Painter for the coloring.

February '06 (for Valentine's Day)

http://links.drakenfluegel.org/valentine_dragon.jpg

March '06

http://links.drakenfluegel.org/infla...hoenix_001.jpg

(A lot of my art work involves fleshing out and rendering character design sheets for folks. I have several more in the works right now.)

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Kaijima; Mar 2, 2006 at 08:27 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:34 PM #2 of 6
The Valentine's dragon is really cute, and I like the sharp and clean coloring style. Although the design makes it hard to find a bearing on the eyes, in terms of recognizing what it is at first. Conventionally, for a creature like dragons, I use to see most often are 2 dominant colors rather then 3 that competes for attention.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:14 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 06:14 PM #3 of 6
I like the clean, crisp quality of the dragons. The colors on the Valentine's Day image seemed to take away from the general picture, if that makes any sense at all, but it looked really nice either way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:25 PM #4 of 6
Originally Posted by Kaijima
Well, there's a few bits of art I can dump here. I'll post offsite links as the web size of my images are fitted to my own gallery, and would probably stretch the forum page too far.

I primarily work digitally with a Wacom Intuos 3 6x8 tablet on an Mac (OSX). After sketching and doing layout in Corel Painter, I do final line art in Creature House Expression if the style goes toward the inked look. Then it's back to Painter for the coloring.

February '06 (for Valentine's Day)

http://links.drakenfluegel.org/valentine_dragon.jpg

March '06

http://links.drakenfluegel.org/infla...hoenix_001.jpg

(A lot of my art work involves fleshing out and rendering character design sheets for folks. I have several more in the works right now.)

Who do you work for and what is Creature House Expression?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaijima
Squeak the Dragon

Member 313

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:02 AM #5 of 6
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
Who do you work for and what is Creature House Expression?
I work for myself - freelance illustrator. As for Expression, it's a vector based drawing program like Adobe Illustrator, though lighter and more aimed at traditional drawing. MS bought the company a while back, but if you search their site for "Creature House" I believe the last version of the application was left up for free download.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DCII764II00
Autumn Reign

Member 934

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:10 PM #6 of 6
I'm impressed at the amount of talent the GFF community has in this.. I really think a bunch of you guys should get to gether and start working on like an ainme project/comic project etc.. I really think you guys can make an awsome anime project / comic project...

I really like the valantine dragon.. I kinda noticed the tail was like sharply drawn, was this wat your going for? Cuz that kinda stood out at me.. Great coloring job, all around greatness keep at it.

.dc

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Kai's art dump