Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Which news do you prefer to hear first?
I want to hear the good news first. 6 9.84%
I want to hear the bad news first. 47 77.05%
Does it look like I give a damn. 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

So, do you want the good news first, or the bad news? CHOOSE!

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:38 PM #26 of 32
Bad news first because people like to exaggerate and it has never actuallly been "bad news" as much as "less than optimal news". If it were really terrible, then they'd just sit me down and tell me reluctantly, adding any possible good news as an afterthought.

Plus, as stated many times, good news perks you up which I'd rather leave with than potentially having it taken away by bad news.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 09:24 PM #27 of 32
Bad news first. Otherwise I'd hear the good news and get excited then disappointed with the bad news. Heck I'll take the bad news and if it's too bad don't even tell me the good news. I don't want to know.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 08:02 PM #28 of 32
I always say "Good News, Bad News Time", and then tell them the good news if its more then the bad, or tell the bad first if its more then the good.

For example:

"Good News Bad News Time: The good is that I can give you your $20 back, the bad news is that it won't be until friday".

"Good News Bad News Time: The bad news is that we are all out of stock on those Razor Scooters... the good news is that we should have some in next week."

Something like that, you know? As for me personally? I don't really care either way.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:35 PM #29 of 32
My stomach drops when asked this question, the good news doesn't even matter much. I just want the bad news and I hope that the good news is more powerfully good so as to override the bad.

It never is.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:52 PM #30 of 32
Bad news.

Like others have mentioned, it's because of two things:

1) The good news can counteract the bad news.
2) If you end with bad news, you tend to leave the conversation on a sour note. If you end with good news, you tend to leave with a better feeling.

Most amazing jew boots
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:23 PM #31 of 32
I really don't give a damn.
I usually put my emotions and judgments on hold until I get all of the pertinent information anyways, and then weigh in my thoughts and feelings, so its not like I would be particularly affected either way.
If anything though, what I really would like to hear last is the more important news, that way it is fresh in my mind.

FELIPE NO

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 02:54 AM #32 of 32
I guess in most cases I would take the bad news first. My mom always taught me that no matter how bad your day is, it can always get much worse, so try to take at least one good thing out of each day. Its just for me knowing the bad news first, gives me something good to look forward to after the bad news is given.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > So, do you want the good news first, or the bad news? CHOOSE!