Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kerry and his "botched joke"

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:59 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 06:59 PM #1 of 71
Originally Posted by Excrono
Honestly, I think it would have been a big zing against Bush if he had said what was actually written for him.
Well, what would have been the point of that? Bush isn't up for re-election, and neither is Kerry. His statement comes as no surprise. He meant what he said, and when it didn't slide by like he expected he had to turn tail and back out. It's this kind of attitude that lost him the election in 04. He acts like he's a man of the people, when it's obvious that through this type of rhetoric, that he's an elitist. This is just Kerry showing his true colors, and I'm sure most of the Dems are pissed.

Also, I've gotta agree with Aramaethe and say that the use of MJ Fox as emotional propoganda is pretty sickening. The poor man has a disease, and politicians are using him to win elections. It was just as disgusting as when John Kerry tried to group himself in with Chris Reeve. Politicians would have you believe that voting for them could cure MJ Fox, and that the other side would rather see him suffer and die. But really, every side is guilty of using the spin machine, and it's shitty when anybody does it. Elections are just a dirty game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:08 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:08 PM #2 of 71
Sure he is (MJ FOX on making his own decisions), but for some strange reason, I don't get the impression that those that would benefit from his support actually care about his cause. They seem to care more about their own personal advancement. But then again, that's just the impression that I've gathered. Perhaps I'm wrong to label all politicos as power hungry scumbags instead of humble public servants.

How ya doing, buddy?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:11 PM #3 of 71
I think MJ Fox's cause is a noble one. I'd just like to see some of these politico's show some support for his cause all the time instead of just election time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:12 PM #4 of 71
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Michael J Fox has proven himself to be a very intelligent man over the years. I'd say he's more likely to be using the politicians than the other way around.
Let's hope so.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:20 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 02:20 AM #5 of 71
Originally Posted by Denicalis
...It's not because you say things like Liberals are ruining America, a country founded on liberalism...
Oh c'mon Deni, you know that the liberals of today are quite different than classical liberals. To come out and say that the US was founded on the current connotation of "liberal" is quite a stretch. They have quite a different view on the role of gov't.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2006, 12:57 PM #6 of 71
Originally Posted by majario
I do think this is being overdone though. I mean, he did give an apology though it was a very mediocre one at that.
Really though, it's only rational for the GOP to jump all over this and collect a little political capital. They're out to win elections just like every other politician. Any time dirt comes out on anybody you can be sure it'll be used against the opposing party. The difference in this situation is Kerry would've done his party better to keep his mouth shut. Who the hell does he think he is telling "jokes" anyways? The guy is funny to laugh at, not with. He's about as charismatic as a leper.

I think some politicians should use their sense of humor a lot more. It probably would've helped Bob Dole out back in 96. The eps of the Daily Show where he's a guest are so damn funny. Stewart seems perpetually surprised by how sharp and hilarious he is.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Kerry and his "botched joke"