Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kerry and his "botched joke"

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 04:54 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 03:54 PM #1 of 71
Kerry and his "botched joke"

(Full article read here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13018908/)
Quote:
What Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., said about Iraq: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

What his spokesperson, Amy Brundage, said Kerry’s prepared text called for him to say: “Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if you aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush.”
I read about it this morning, and kind of laughed. I can hardly count this as a "botched joke" considering how completely different the two speeches were. And when delivering a "joke" of that subject matter, you're pretty dumb if you don't take extra care delivering it. I also laughed because I wasn't sure at what point politicians became comedians, and vice-versa, or when they became little kids taking immature stabs at each other (though I've seen a lot of this, so I'm guessing it dates back to the late 1800's) but come on...

Anyway, so what do you all think? Was he trying to say something else here? Was it just a poor joke phrased even more poorly? Do you think it was hilarious?

I think he's an idiotic ass. But on the flip side, I'm willing to cut the guy a tiny bit of slack and give him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes speeches just go awfully wrong. People make mistakes in public speaking (although it's not comforting when political figures do. You're negotiating a peace treaty? Uh... how about no? You might accidentally tell the man you want to piss on him and his family, not peace for him and his family.) Overall I think it's being blown way out of proportion, but I was curious to know what everyone else was thinking on this. Also any general thoughts on Kerry are welcome.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:27 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 03:27 PM #2 of 71
Now I can see how you could have compared me to Simply Majestic, Deni. Cause I see what this guy's doing and it's basically the same.

Aramaethe, a word of advice. Best to back down completely. I don't say this to be rude, it's just how things work. If something's your opinion, let it be known that it's just your opinion and don't speak of it like it's fact. If you have some evidence supporting it, cite the evidence. Take a debate class, maybe it'll help. But you're not gonna win on any point you've tried to make, now. Cut your losses, and come back with a new approach.

I can easily agree, though, that John Kerry is a poor excuse for a politician. Then again, so are a lot of the others, in my opinion. I don't think anyone here is extolling Kerry's political greatness in any way, so don't expect much argument there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 06:46 PM #3 of 71
No no, there are better ways to get someone killed than putting them in the armed forces. If you put him there, he'll just be wasting precious ammo. Maybe some of our own precious ammo, too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Kerry and his "botched joke"