Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Piepmatz' whatsoever

Piepmatz
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2215

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:10 PM #1 of 7
Piepmatz' whatsoever

Hmm yup.
I'm quite sure some will remeber me.
At least I hope so ^^

Was quite shoked GFF was down
but glad to be back

However this is my first post and thread.I used to draw lot some time ago. But not really anymore. That's why i won.t post usual drawings. At least not now
I started to make Papercrafts.
First I searched for some in the internet but now I'm creating them all by my self.

The MA5B from HALO is my latest projekt

how I came to this?
Well, A longer time ago I looked for some Alien stuff (movies). I found a very nice site with Alien papercraft. Pretty nice I thought and downloaded some and started to build them. First model was crap Ok and that's it. I did some other models but came to a point where I thought it could be nice creating models myself

How I do it:

Ok first I make screens of what I want to build up. I try to get an upper view. From the left and front and some perspective views for reference.
then I start making the 3d-model

a very sketchy one Dingsdabumsda.jpg
Progress: doh6.jpg
And the finished one doh9.jpg

after that I use a program to unfold the single parts..
And then I color them.

yeah and the prototype.
It's a bit smaller than it should be.
but I only glue it together to see if there're any mistakes.

That's all for now

I'll continue coloring the other parts now ^^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prototyp.jpg (26.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg prototyp2.jpg (58.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Dingsdabumbsda.jpg (256.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg doh6.jpg (139.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg doh9.jpg (112.3 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Piepmatz; Mar 11, 2006 at 07:48 PM.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 04:09 PM #2 of 7
Whoa, 3D models, and on top of that, you are making paper crafts!! Thats a big job dude, is that a life size? Awesome! What type of paper that you are working on?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Piepmatz
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2215

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:18 PM #3 of 7
It's 160g per m² - paper i think It's not too thick but some edges must be slightly cutted. well dunno how to explain )

Life size? uhm yes. This one is 90% of live size. I am doing it for having something unique nobody else has got ^^;; except of some bungie pll. damn - replique - posers

but as soon as it is finished I'll release those sheets with manual and crap but first I have to fix some things. You know there're always bugs ^^;;

the projekt after that (far future) will be Halo sniper rifle or. (I havn.t decided yet) Yuna's guns or Cloud 40cm figure <--- could be nice but you'll need skill 5 out of 5 for gluing his hears XD
btw here is annother live-size gun. It's from the Alien movies. Some might know it aswell from the AvP games. Not created by myself but glued ^^ 50 hours work
(sorry for quallity ... just have a mobil for taking photos >XD)

enjoy

:edit:

maybe someone has an idea what to create next
preconditions are:
--model mustn't have 9000 polygons+ (you have to cut each one O.o )
but beside of that everything is possible even a life size toilet or toilet paper

:edit2:

I just had another idea right now
2years ago I think, I thought of building the Balamb Garden or Midgard from FF series ... shall I try ^^?

How ya doing, buddy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m4.jpg (73.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg m42.jpg (77.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg m4 3.jpg (77.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Piepmatz; Mar 9, 2006 at 03:35 PM.
Vida Eterna
Carob Nut

Member 3058

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 10:28 PM #4 of 7
Hi piepmatz! Dont know if you remember me but just thought I would drop a line to say hi! Im liking the gun in 3D, Im learning how to use 3Dmax just now myself so it's good to see some of that on here!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Piepmatz

Member 2215

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:46 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 07:46 PM #5 of 7
Of course I remember you ^^ I drew the Marriah Carrie thing 4 you ^^

Lil update...
the blue part from pic doh.9 is finished

How ya doing, buddy?
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:31 PM #6 of 7
Wow, sweet, you completed the M4 dealie from Alien? I've been working on that, but I haven't finished it yet, ran out of ink and crap.

Good job though! I'm very impressed, also very nice to see another papercraft fan.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

oh my gawddd
Piepmatz

Member 2215

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:11 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 10:11 PM #7 of 7
Violet part completet...

But I have to stop continueing it. In one week I have the last Holydays before the BIIIIIG Final Exams. And I'll rather learn then color the parts

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Piepmatz' whatsoever