Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Metroid Prime: Hunters

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:00 PM #1 of 81
Metroid Prime: Hunters

The games coming out March 20, and it is looking like one of the best DS titles to date.

There have recently been an extensive amounts of information revealed on multiplayer, showing the game to be full of online options that were sorely lacking in Mario Kart: DS. The 20+ maps in the game, the 7 playable bounty hunters and all 7 multiplayer modes are available online, and it now has been revealed to include a Voice over IP chat function available in the pre and post game lobby. The drawback to this is that you can only speak to opponents on your Rivals list (this games equivalent of the friends list), but a welcome addition is the freedom to add opponents to your list online without the hassle of tracking them down on message boards and posting codes.

In addition, there is extensive stat tracking from the game detailing information such as kills and deaths using each of the hunters, favorite weapons, most used morph forms, number of intentional disconnects (it only counts disconnects from the player turning the system off, not from dead batteries), win/losses, headshots and more. This information is public information to your opponents, and can also be found on Nintendo's website.

Also improved from Mario Kart DS's online interface is match making. A player can now host a match, in which they will select all the rules and the map for the round, and other players can join freely, with the host starting the match at any time, or you can simply browse the matches open, and pick one that you would like to join.

The single player is being met personally by mixed emotions. On one hand, recent interviews have stated that it is fairly long, only being slightly shorter than Metroid Prime. However, Samus begins this adventure fully powered. In addition, the single player campaign is level based, with each level being a different planet Samus travels to. Still, the developer's promise plenty of exploration, puzzle solving and the oversized bosses Metroid fans have grown to love alongside the shooting, so it has promise as well.

Some screenshots below (courtesy of IGN):

And some plenty of gameplay movies and information at:

http://metroidhunters.com/launch/index.jsp

It really looks like a polished game that won't disappoint when it is released this month.

FRIEND CODES:
WraithTwo: 4982-8383-0672
BlueMikey: 4166-7940-2040
Darkcomet72: 2663-5552-7906
NES Oldskooler: 3479-5991-0223
Ronz: 3178-9512-4349
StarmanDX: 5455-2841-2680
Tails: 4166-7937-2335
Triad: 2534-7054-1123

EDIT: Added link to official page

EDIT 2: Added friend codes list

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by WraithTwo; Mar 23, 2006 at 12:58 AM.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:24 PM #2 of 81
Having played the James Bond game for the DS, I seriously doubt that the game will be a major turning point in DS owners' lives. But you never know. I'm waiting to be impressed.

Most amazing jew boots
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:25 PM #3 of 81
Ohhh man. I am looking forward to this game, more for the multiplayer part over the single player... Almost as long as metroid prime? Thats crazy, fitting that on a DS catridge? AND included multiplayer? Nuts.

The lobby seems to be a step in the right dirrection for nintendo, stats tracking, even Voice over IP seems to be a major plus (if its really going to be there). I wodner though, is the DS system itself capable of managing that? Online game, 8 people fragfest, (8 or 4?, cant remember) shouting at eachother? I'd imagine some lag happening there...

Speaking of VOIP, does that mean we'll finaly be able to see the DS 'headset' or microphone? It would look kinda strange screaming into the little hole on your DS. Just my two cents.

How ya doing, buddy?

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:46 PM #4 of 81
Originally Posted by Turbo
Ohhh man. I am looking forward to this game, more for the multiplayer part over the single player... Almost as long as metroid prime? Thats crazy, fitting that on a DS catridge? AND included multiplayer? Nuts.

The lobby seems to be a step in the right dirrection for nintendo, stats tracking, even Voice over IP seems to be a major plus (if its really going to be there). I wodner though, is the DS system itself capable of managing that? Online game, 8 people fragfest, (8 or 4?, cant remember) shouting at eachother? I'd imagine some lag happening there...

Speaking of VOIP, does that mean we'll finaly be able to see the DS 'headset' or microphone? It would look kinda strange screaming into the little hole on your DS. Just my two cents.
Well, the VoIP is DEFINITELY in there, IGN had a hands on with the game, and they said that it actually worked quite well. The online is limited to 4 players though, and the VoIP isn't active during the game, it only exists for chatting pre and post game. For those that don't wanna look silly talking to their DS, there is also text chat supported.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:02 PM #5 of 81
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
Also improved from Mario Kart DS's online interface is match making. A player can now host a match, in which they will select all the rules and the map for the round, and other players can join freely, with the host starting the match at any time, or you can simply browse the matches open, and pick one that you would like to join.
FUCKING AWESOME.

I'm tired of MKDS' matchmaking, thank god they're going to change things this time around.

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:11 PM #6 of 81
Defitenly picking up this baby and playing WiFi!!!!

How ya doing, buddy?
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:16 PM #7 of 81
However, Samus begins this adventure fully powered.
She kind of does in MP and MP2 as well, only to lose it all in uh...whatever happened in the beginning of those two games.

I am pleased that it actually has a Single Player portion, I had heard rumors awhile ago that it was MP only. I'll definitely be getting this one.

FELIPE NO
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:19 PM #8 of 81
I actually liked the demo. I've read on Gamespot that the gameplay has been tweaked, but hopefully for the better, so, I'm totally getting this.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:24 PM #9 of 81
I've been meaning to get a good FPS for the DS, since the Goldeneye games aren't filling the mold. I'm not sure how much I want this game though. Looks great though.

Most amazing jew boots
Akai-chan
Firebrand

Member 685

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:37 PM #10 of 81
I really can't wait to pick this up, but I think I'll definitely need to pick up a bigger stylus at the same time...The stylus is fine for small movements, but it's really hard for me to use for long periods at a time...(Or I could just wait for the DS Lite's uber stylus...)

How ya doing, buddy?
Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:55 PM #11 of 81
I might pick it up when I'm gonna know more about the single player mode. I don't play WiFi with my DS , so the multiplayer option is kind of pointless for me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Currently Playing: Kingdom Heart II
Waiting for: Nothing this month

Last edited by Zero; Mar 2, 2006 at 10:03 PM.
Akai-chan
Firebrand

Member 685

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:56 PM #12 of 81
I could have sworn that I heard that there will be bots...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:04 PM #13 of 81
Originally Posted by Akai-chan
I could have sworn that I heard that there will be bots...
lol, I just came back to the thread because I forgot to mention that there are bots available of varying difficulty to fill out games. It has a limited single card mode as well (all 4 players are Samus, one map).

- WraithTwo -

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hybrid Hunter
Wark!

Member 937

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:06 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:06 PM #14 of 81
No bots in online mode though, thats what i read somewhere...
Either way i'll just wait and see if at least 3 other people i know get it so i can play online.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:10 PM #15 of 81
If what they say about how the single player segment being close in length to Metroid Prime then that for me is a strong reason to buy. I would be surprised if it were true, I just hope the single player is actually compelling and not just a series of boring "get this item, bring it to this place" missions strung together by a piss-weak backstory.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:31 AM #16 of 81
I am impressed how this game has 4 times the maps and many more times the variety of multiplayer options than many recent console FPSes.

But damn man I can't wait for it. I hope to see you all in #nwifi so we can kick each other's asses. It'll be SWEET.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Akai-chan
Firebrand

Member 685

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:49 AM #17 of 81
Originally Posted by Hybrid Hunter
Either way i'll just wait and see if at least 3 other people i know get it so i can play online.
I'm getting it, so that's two of us...

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:00 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:00 AM #18 of 81
Originally Posted by Hybrid Hunter
Why do you need more people that you know for online play? You can always find someone to play online whether you know them or not, and its even better now, because you can add those you're playing to your friends list.

- WraithTwo -

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:36 PM #19 of 81
From the videos I've seen, the game looks pretty bad in my opinion. I personally would've preferred another 2D Metroid.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:53 PM #20 of 81
Originally Posted by Newbie1234
From the videos I've seen, the game looks pretty bad in my opinion. I personally would've preferred another 2D Metroid.
Who WOULDN'T prefer another 2D Metroid? But seriously, ya can't think of this as another Metroid installment, but a damn good looking online portable FPS.

- WraithTwo -

How ya doing, buddy?
Agrias
Holy Knight

Member 1338

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:06 PM #21 of 81
I also want another 2D metroid, in the style of its SNES predecessor. Hopefully this'll be a nice surprise, right?

I was speaking idiomatically.
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:41 PM #22 of 81
ya can't think of this as another Metroid installment
Yes you can, it's easy:

1. Read the Box.

2. Notice the title says "Metroid Prime: Hunters."

3. Easily conclude this is a Metroid game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:12 AM #23 of 81
Originally Posted by galen
Yes you can, it's easy:

1. Read the Box.

2. Notice the title says "Metroid Prime: Hunters."

3. Easily conclude this is a Metroid game.
However, it doesn't contain all of the gameplay elements that one would associate with Metroid. I'm just warning that as a typical Metroid game, it may fall short, but as a shooter, it looks to be excellent.

- WraithTwo -

FELIPE NO
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:43 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:43 PM #24 of 81
Now here's hoping the other bounty hunters are unique and don't feel exactly like Samus ala SSBM clones. Sure, the moves were the same but Nintendo did a great job and making them feel different from the characters they were cloned off.

Maybe Rare will set up a subsidary company to release a Perfect Dark spinoff on the DS? In my dreams.

Most amazing jew boots
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:50 AM #25 of 81
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil
If what they say about how the single player segment being close in length to Metroid Prime then that for me is a strong reason to buy. I would be surprised if it were true, I just hope the single player is actually compelling and not just a series of boring "get this item, bring it to this place" missions strung together by a piss-weak backstory.
Well, the Metroid series has never been known for its groundbreaking narratives. But I am looking forward to this single player mode. A Prime-sized adventure on a pint-sized system gets me giddy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Metroid Prime: Hunters