Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Asian movies

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:37 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 05:37 PM #1 of 7
Asian movies

Discuss anything related to Asian films here.

I've been into Korean films as of late. Do you guys have any suggestions on films to watch?

Here are a few I can recommend:

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring
Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom (2003)
This is by far my favorite Korean film. Just sit back and absorb this film. You'll have a Zen moment.

"A young boy lives in a small floating temple on a beautiful lake, together with an elderly master who teaches him the ways of the Buddha. Years later the boy, now a young man, experiences his sexual awakening with a girl who has come to the temple to be healed by the master. The youth runs away to the outside world but his lust turns his life into hell, so he returns to the lake temple to find spiritual enlightenment."

Friend (Chingoo)
Chingoo (2001)
This was one of the highest grossing film in Korea. It's no wonder why this film did so well. Good actors, good story line, and memorable scenes. Those some may say the storyline is a bit cliché , it is still entertaining to watch.

Despite their different family backgrounds, four friends grew up together in the wearisome years of the 70s. But as time goes by, each of them takes a different life path. After enrolling in college, Sang-taek and Joong-ho return to visit Dong-su (Jang Dong-gun) and Joon-suk (Yoo Oh-sung), only to find one of them in jail and the other on drugs. Slowly life takes difficult turns where friends become rivals in the crime world.

I'll post other films later.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Dance party!
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Feb 23, 2008, 08:51 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 10:21 PM #2 of 7
The majority of the asian films I've ever seen are probably alot of the martial arts movies that come from china that are brought over to the North American market.

I have a friend who is a real film buff and is always talking about how good some of the korean films are but in all honesty I haven't seen any.

The last asian film I've watched have been the battle royale movies and I also watched the parasite eve live action movie which I really enjoyed. My fiance wants to show me that live action movies of Death Note.

I don't know if you would categorize the Tony jaa movies as asian movies, but I definetely liked those as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:25 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 04:25 PM #3 of 7
I always suggest Whasango (Volcano High) I never watched the English dubbed version...so I have no feedback on that. I would suggest the subtitles.

Shinobi is also ok..Its based on the manga Basilisk. It has Nakama Yukie in it

My Wife is a Gangster (Jopog Manura) I laughed.. a lot..but the action is cool to. I suggest 1 and 2. I didn't like 3 so much

I heard about this other movie by Nakama Yukie called Oo-oku translated it would be like top wife. It caused a bit of a buzz in Japan around 2 years ago...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 07:11 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2008, 08:11 PM #4 of 7
Didn't shinobi sucked so bad it wasn't even funny.

Anywho i'd recommend a korean movie called "My Boss my teacher" something like that, its so funny.

Warlord with Andy lau and jet lee, was a pretty good watch.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DJDoeDoe
Carob Nut

Member 6403

Level 4.31

May 2006

Old Mar 12, 2008, 09:52 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2008, 09:52 PM #5 of 7
Oldboy (2001)
...Ing (2003)
Attack the Gas Station (1999)

are all good Korean films...

There is one film that I would stay away from, don't even touch it with a 100000ft pole and that is: Save the Green Planet.... supposed to be funny, just really sick.

Chinese films:
Shaolin Soccer, God of Cookery, Kung Fu Hustle,
Mr. Vampire (1985),

Japanese Films:
Ping Pong, and Battle Royale

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shinka
Supercop

Member 1946

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2008, 01:05 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2008, 10:05 PM #6 of 7
There was actually an older thread for this...
http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/me...lm-thread.html

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2008, 08:58 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2008, 02:58 PM #7 of 7
It's a year and a half old though, this new one can live.

My favourite Korean film is Brotherhood (With some Korean subtitle I can't remember, Sakataguchi or something, I dunno) which is a story about two brothers during the Korean war. It's beautifully shot (As are a lot of Korean films I've seen) and is like Saving Private Ryan could have been if it didn't turn incredibly shit after the first ten minutes. I can't recommend Brotherhood enough really, it's an incredible film.

Other than that, Old Boy is awesome, as is House of Flying Daggers. I guess everyone here will have already seen all the more well known Asian films like Hero, A Better Tomorrow, Hard Boiled and so on. I'd also recommend Heroes Shed No Tears, an early John Woo effort, The Barefoot Kid which is pretty hard to get hold of sadly, Saviour of the Soul and Moon Warriors. I have a huge Asian film collection on video but it's not been easy to update it to DVD as a lot of the older stuff hasn't been re-released sadly.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Asian movies