Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 28 Weeks Later

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:10 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 08:10 PM #1 of 20
28 Weeks Later

http://www.28weekslatermovie.co.uk/

Have I been completely left in the dark about this or what?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:19 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 03:19 PM #2 of 20
For better or for worse? =D

I haven't seen much about it, but I've heard a thing of two. Word on the street is that it takes place 28 weeks after the initial zomtastrophe. But I'd take that with a grain of salt! >__>

About all I know about it really. Just another running zombie movie.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:29 PM #3 of 20
I really enjoyed 28 Days Later (and a lot of other zombie movies). I really loved the style of the movie - it seemed so well done. I could be in the minority here, though.

I also have this raging hard-on for apocalyptic movies, so if 28 Weeks Later is anything like everyone DYING and a handful of people are left alone in a zombie-infested London or something, I'm game.

Otherwise, I don't want to see a bunch of survivors living in a holding tank when something goes wrong. NO THANKS.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:38 PM #4 of 20
I really liked 28 Days Later, but this just looks like an average zombie movie. It would be kind of cool if it was about the 28 days when the world initially collapsed, but to have the virus mutated or whatever as reconstruction begins seems pretty stupid. The story synopsis on the website also implies that it only destroyed Britain, but it was made pretty clear before that the infection had already spread to mainland Europe and the US.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:51 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 12:51 AM #5 of 20
I love watching London napalmed or other parts of the UK being destroyed in movies. It must be an Irish thing
Seriously, It shouldn't always be the poor USA, I mean what did they do to deserve it all the time?

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey
The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:09 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 06:09 PM #6 of 20
I saw the preview for the movie when I went to see another movie. It is indeed the sequel to 28 Days Later. Basically they think they've cured the virus, but then things go wrong and it really isn't gone.

I liked 28 Days Later, but it really just seemed like a copy off of Dawn of the Dead, which sort of upset me, but oh well. I definately plan on seeing this when it comes out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 07:14 PM #7 of 20
I saw the trailer before Hot Fuzz, and I was slightly interested. Of course, I never got around to seeing 28 Days Later, so I've got no reference point. Now that Christopher Eccleston was responsible for reviving Doctor Who, I really should get around to renting it (that and Blade Runner, never seen that either).

FELIPE NO
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:19 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 06:19 PM #8 of 20
I don't really like zombie/vampire/horror movies all that much, but I absolutely loved 28 Days Later (and Shawn of the Dead, of course, but that doesn't really count).

This is the first I'm hearing about it, I hope it is as good as the original. I'll have to put that on my Blockbuster account to watch again before the sequel.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
and Brandy does her best to understand
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:44 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 07:44 PM #9 of 20
28 Days Later is one of my favorite movies. It was directed by Danny Boyle and written by Alex Garland. I will go see 28 Weeks Later, but I am not expecting it to have the same feel as 28 Days Later, because it was written and directed by people who aren't Danny Boyle and Alex Garland. Because I'm not familiar with the work of 28 Weeks Later's creative team, I really don't know whether to expect it to be good or bad. Hopefully it will be good.

Of course, Boyle and Garland have teamed up again on a movie that is set to be released in the US later this year, titled Sunshine, which I expect to be great. Also, Alex Garland is the guy writing the Halo script.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:54 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 07:54 PM #10 of 20
My tastes tend toward the post-apocalyptic rather than the apocalyptic, but I definitely liked 28 Days Later. I thought it was a bit smarter than some other zombie movies. I can't wait for Resident Evil 3 in fact...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:28 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 02:28 AM #11 of 20
Saw 28 Days Later a few years ago and loved it with the exception of the ending. Just heard about the sequel about a day or so ago when checking out a sci-fi forum. Looks interesting. I am not much for zombie movies, but the concept and film work for 28 days later was pretty good.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:43 AM #12 of 20
You should check out the DVD then. There are 3-4 additional endings, my favorite being the one done entirely in concept sketches and read by the director and writer. It's been about a year since I've seen the movie, but it was something like:
Spoiler:
instead of stopping at the military blockade they all managed to make it to that military base where "the cure for infection" was being advertised over the radio. They find a guy there who's locked himself up in a room after everyone else was killed or left. He claims to know the cure, so they stick around talking to him through the door. Jim gets infected, and the guy locked in the room tells them the cure is a complete blood transfusion. I think the girl's father gives Jim his blood to save him. Or maybe it was the other way around...

They discarded the idea because they'd already established that even a single drop of blood could infect someone, so that cure would be impossible.

Mithrandir
Hot Tamale

Member 1121

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 09:10 AM #13 of 20
I saw this movie some days ago.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good a s I was expecting it to be. The main change from the last movie is that this one actually gets the army involved. This only can result in more action, which gives it a more Resident-Evil-feeling, instead of a "survivor tale".

I was expecting the end to be exactly that. I mean they don't clearly show what happenned but you could see it coming.

Spoiler:
The whole premisse of the story is that the kid had to be immune just like his mother. But heck, that was made you to fool you. I don't think the kid actually had the immunity or it wasn't as strong as it was on her mother. SO I think basically he became infected at some point.

The other possibility is that he actually infected his sister or the pilot in some accidental way.

Anyway, my only complaint about the story:

Spoiler:
The fact that its was kind of a DAD-SON confrontation which was completely ridiculous. You can't base a movie on that! PLus, the guy's infected, I don't think he has the capacity of thinking. Unless they try to introduce in this movie the fact that the infected are rational beings....

I was speaking idiomatically.
Not six....more like half a dozen...
Demosthenes
Evanescent Leech!

Member 22519

Level 1.47

May 2007

Old May 21, 2007, 01:47 AM Local time: May 21, 2007, 01:47 AM #14 of 20
I'll just add my take on this subject...

I honestly don't remember 28 Days Later, but I saw the movie. Seeing 28 Weeks Later on open night (with about 12 people in the theater lol) I expected it to be bd, but it was actually pretty good. Mithrandir sum'd up the movie pretty much to a T, but a few parts still baffle me to this day.

Spoiler:
How did beings who are incapable of processing information survive a napalm strike, while beings who are capable of decision making die?

Did'nt the woman (military woman who was helping them) see the kids dad run in he background as she was navigating through the night vision rifle scope? (The best scene in the film by the way, even better than the opening field chase).

Of all the ARMED soldiers who were ripped apart by the dad, why did'nt any of them think to raise their weapon and fire?

These are minor complaints, but I guess a storyhad to manifest from some point.

How ya doing, buddy?
"Of course, I also hear from critics who detest what I do, and while sometimes I feel rather proud of having made various the loathsome people or groups angry, at other times I wonder why I put up with such grief."
Room
Wark!

Member 12411

Level 7.77

Sep 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 10:24 PM #15 of 20
It's incredible. Known about these circles as the snob who hates everything, I feel obligated to post my take on one of the greatest American zombie movies in God knows how long. As a thriller, it is uncompromising, intense - the shaky DV camera used to an extreme unsettling effect; the opening scene is feral, phenomenal - a dimly lit last-supper calm before a crazy fucking storm; a decapitating helicopter rotor blade scene that gives the middle finger to Robert Rodriguez. The film's greatest triumph, though, is its uncanny political resonance - an occupying American force during the aftermath of disaster, losing all grip on reconstruction; a rupture in a marriage early on foreshadowing the familial and political fissures to come; delta snipers asked to stop drawing distinctions in their targets.

28 Days is smarter than the awful Michael Bay/Paul Anderson fare, but it's sunshine and kittens compared to Weeks. Death is given gravity - when the camera pauses on bodies and Robert Carlyle's sullen face, its a knot in your stomach. That I saw this gem is almost a miracle, and suggests that Fox Atomic horror sequels may not all be garbage. I hate resorting to humdrum, boilerplate summations, but this is a child made through the marriage between Children of Men and Aliens (I really want to delete this sentence). If you loved Boyle's solid spooker, ignore the ho-hum trailer to Weeks - this is the real deal.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Room; May 21, 2007 at 10:34 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2007, 02:48 PM #16 of 20
I just saw this movies and I have to say that it was amazing!

I can't believe that they succeed in making a sequel that is as good if not better than the original! Really i can say that those 2 movies are the best zombies movies ever!

I wonder if there will be a 28 months or 28 years later XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:21 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2007, 12:21 AM #17 of 20
This movie was pretty good, but 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later were pretty much two different types of movies altogether.

Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:35 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 12:35 AM #18 of 20
I feel obligated to post my take on one of the greatest American zombie movies in God knows how long.
The movie is not American, it's British/Spanish. It has much US participation which makes it quite a unique addition to the genre however.
28 Weeks is the 28 Days as Aliens is to Alien- much better than it's predecessor albeit a different type of movie.
I thoroughly recommend it.

I hope we'll get a 28 Months. I'd love to see them destroy Paris. Not enough was done in Armageddon

Most amazing jew boots
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey

Last edited by Genthar; Aug 7, 2007 at 06:39 PM.
Room
Wark!

Member 12411

Level 7.77

Sep 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:54 PM #19 of 20
The movie is not American, it's British/Spanish.
I feel like an asshole. I'm [usually] pretty anal about getting the countries of origin correct, given that recent foreign pictures have jived with me a lot better.

Thanks for the correction.

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Aug 8, 2007, 03:45 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2007, 10:45 AM #20 of 20
It's got Stringer Bell and Robert Carlyle. Movie HAS to be ace.

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 28 Weeks Later