Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Profiling Based on Your Beverage

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:08 AM #1 of 57
Profiling Based on Your Beverage

I was listening to the radio on the way in to work this morning, and they were discussing how people sometimes judge the kind of person you are based on what you're drinking.

For example, a lady called in and said that she's a server in a restaurant, and if anyone orders white zinfandel she assumes that they're trashy and probably won't tip her worth a crap. A couple of other people called in and said that men shouldn't drink any colored or fruity drinks - ever. By far, the womens' preference for what men "should" drink was dark beer...in a glass, never a bottle, and men seem to prefer women who drink martinis, which is odd, because I don't know any women who drink them. The general consensus was that no one should drink beer in a can unless they're doing some outdoor activity like tailgating or boating.

Will anyone else admit to doing this?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:21 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 10:21 PM #2 of 57
Totally do it.
Any girl over 16 drinking vodka premixes isn't worth your time.
Low carb beer: Wimps
And dark beers should be drunk in glasses. Serously those fizz things in the Guiness bottles don't cut it. Oh yeah anyone drinking Guiness qualifies for legend status.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:31 AM #3 of 57
I admit to the white zinfandel thing, having been a server for years. And also, a man drinking any wine other than red sets off my creepy dude alarm, but I never really thought about some of the other ones that were mentioned.

A funny story: Just last week my husband and I went out for some drinks, and he took a sip of my pomegranate/Red Bull drink and liked it so much that he wanted to order one, but wouldn't because it was red and fruity. I told him he was being ridiculous, but according to all these people, he was right. =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 10:37 PM #4 of 57
I don't even know what a zinfandel is. Does that make me classy? Don't know about your anti white whine thing. I love white wine, maybe I haven't adapted to reds yet but whites are sex.

And your husband made the correct judgement. No doubt everyone would've thought he was gay and you were his sister or cousin or ohwait-

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:39 AM #5 of 57
White zinfandel is that pink wine that sometimes comes in a box and should never be consumed, ever.

How ya doing, buddy?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:41 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 10:41 PM #6 of 57
Oh god. Now I know. Yeah never touching that. I'm only allowed to consume cask wine, or goon as we affectionaly call it, because I'm a poor student, living off the government.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:43 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 04:43 PM #7 of 57
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
And also, a man drinking any wine other than red sets off my creepy dude alarm
Awww;_;

I always wonder why people would honestly drink stuff like Barcadi [Flavour] and Smirnoff Ice. Jesus, people, if you want to get drunk, drink rum or Vodka or whatever. If you crave the taste of soda, drink soda.
I've always thought that an ice cold beer is superiour to that Barcadi thing. (Which also regards people drinking it...) That could be because I've never really encountered other than asses and idiots drinking it. I can't deny that there is great people drinking it, though...

FELIPE NO

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:45 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 03:45 PM #8 of 57
Originally Posted by RABicle
Oh yeah anyone drinking Guiness qualifies for legend status.
Anyone drinking Guiness qualifies for cunt or tourist, normally both.

Judging people by their drinks serves only to highlight people's personal insecurities and desperation to conform to social norms in order to be accepted. I know from experience you should never judge someone by their drink and I've been a barman a long time.

I drink vodka/fruit mixers quite often. Maybe it's early in the morning and I have a hangover (All teh sugar and alcohol sorts you right out), maybe I've just snorted half a gramme of coke and my stomch is feeling too delicate for beer, maybe I just fancy something refreshing between pints, you've no way of telling.

How do you know the people drinking Zinfandel don't just think your whole wine list is shitty so they might as well have the cheapest if it's al gonna be rubbish anyway? Surely it says more about you that you work in the kind of shit heap that would sell crap wine in the first place.

So yeah, I have no time for anyone who labels people by what they drink. If you do it, you're clearly an insecure fuck who's probably uncomforatble with their own sexuality or completely lacking in any form of social skills thereby forcing you to do anything you can to fit in and stop everyone realising what a loser you are and jogging you on.

Most amazing jew boots
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:49 AM #9 of 57
For someone who has no time for it, you sure took a big enough chunk out of your day to write that essay.

It's fine if you don't do it. Apparently people do, though, and I was just curious about people's perceptions here. I actually never realized I did it, either, until I heard all those people calling in about it on the radio today. And the odd thing was, they pretty much were all in agreement. So that should tell you something.

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:55 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 04:55 PM #10 of 57
Originally Posted by Shin
I tried Guinness once, and it was decent, but it cost me like four times as much as a normal beer. Is it fucking expensive in Britain as well, or what?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:56 AM #11 of 57
I don't really follow how to judge people by what they drink, other than ordering fruity drinks as a male. I'll pretty much drink anything if it tastes good regardless of how other people perceive me.

I enjoy White zinfandel. It's what I like to call my "Cheap buzz". I started experimenting with other drinks and have found others that taste better and work quicker I mostly drink Alize or as I call it "Liquid gold" >.>

When I go out, I always order a Long Island Icea Tea, and something fruity/chocolatey for desert (with alcohol in it duh )

On the subject, I've never judged a man by his drink, simply by whether or not it had an umbrella in it :P and I don't know what women drink.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:01 AM #12 of 57
I don't really understand it, and I don't really care much about it. I like my vodka and I'll drink it straight or mixed. I don't care. Cranberry juice + orange juice + vodka = awesome. Straight vodka = good depending on the brand (Grey Goose <3). I really don't see how consuming alcohol + fruit beverage = bad for men. Are guys not allowed to eat fruit or drink fruit juice? How about smoothies? Stereotyping by drink type is just stupid.

Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 10:22 AM #13 of 57
I don't care what people drink generally. If they like bum wine, that's cool. I don't hang around people who spend alot on alcohol, mainly because we are all in college. I see alot of people drinking Vodka, and that's definitely a good way to get drunk, but I don't like the taste. I would take a Shiner over any drink anyday. IF I want to get drunk quick I guess some Hornitos Sauza tequila. Whatever is takes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:53 AM #14 of 57
I'm a rum & coke or gin & tonic kind of guy. Though usually I end up drinking cheap vodka and whatever I can find to make it go down more easily. I've never understood why people treat the Smirnoff Twisters and the like as chick drinks. Who made the rule that anything with 5% alcohol by volume has to taste like shit? Come on, beer tastes like ass, and if I had no liquor I'd choose a chick drink over beer any day.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:56 AM #15 of 57
The only drink that sends out red flags, to me, is Zima.

Anyone who drinks Zima is a waste of breath.

Everything else is just a matter of personal preferences.

FELIPE NO
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 06:02 PM #16 of 57
Cheapass drinks as a rule mean that someone is a cheapass, but other than that, I'm inclined to agree with Shin. There are different drinks for different circumstances. Why judge someone because of that, when there are much more obvious ways they can prove themselves to be a jerk?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 12:06 PM #17 of 57
Ahahah. Some acquaintances I ran in to at the AGU conference last December in San Francisco had an obsession with Guiness... =p Off the record, all of us were from Texas. So true~ ((I didn't have it...))

I am not huge on alcohol, but I enjoy a White Russian from time to time. Big Labowski holla. It's real tasty if they make it sweet enough. I'm a sucker for sweet alcohol.

Crash --
Holyshit. Zima is still being *made*? Thought it went the way of Crystal Pepsi long ago...

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:08 PM #18 of 57
Well, apparently Rab and I are the only ones who will admit to doing this. On a positive note, I have to say that a guy drinking a black and tan is kind of hot, for some reason.

How ya doing, buddy?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:20 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 11:20 AM #19 of 57
Originally Posted by Will
I've never understood why people treat the Smirnoff Twisters and the like as chick drinks.
Yeah for real, I happen to like green apple smirnoffs. Fuck beer, beer sucks. I'll take my sissy fruit flavored smirnoff any day over something that tastes bad.

Also, I am not particularly attracted to girls who drink beer. Obviously I harbor personal bias against beer and beer drinkers.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:43 PM #20 of 57
Is this the consensus - guys can't drink fruity/colourful drinks. Why, is it that guys aren't allow to admit that alcohol tastes terrible? Or if there's something bad about adding fruit flavors to stuff, then that mean it's wimpy to drink pom or naked? As for me, while gin and tonic is the ultimate, I love my fruity cocktails. I agree entirely with Shin - I think judging people on something so lame as what they drink is retarded. If anyone is so shallow as to judge me on what drinks I like, then they're probably not worth my time. And if someone is so insecure as to let these stereotypes prevent him from drinking the things one genuinely enjoys, then that person deserves whatever terrible-tasting stuff that he or she feels compelled to drink.

Actually, that's where my prejudice in drinks one orders comes in. If it looks like someone's ordering something patently manly like a vodka on the rocks with a spray of Everclear over it or something just to show off, I begin to suspect that they're a tool. But even there, I think there are more obvious ways to tell.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:59 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 06:59 PM #21 of 57
So yeah, I have no time for anyone who labels people by what they drink. If you do it, you're clearly an insecure fuck who's probably uncomforatble with their own sexuality or completely lacking in any form of social skills thereby forcing you to do anything you can to fit in and stop everyone realising what a loser you are and jogging you on.
Thanks Shin, sure saves me writing anything as that sums up my own feelings nicely.

Judging people by their drink preference is just another form of short-sighted stereotyping.

I was speaking idiomatically.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:02 PM #22 of 57
Does this only work for alcoholic drinks? Or what about like this guy drinks Nestea...lol i dunno

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 02:25 PM #23 of 57
I'm in an area mainly dominated by farmers, ranchers, and asshat wannabes. Guys drinking any kind of girly drinks (fruit, premixes, colorful) are instantly stereotyped as a fag. This is only true when at a bar, or a lame party with tons of people who don't know each other.

I happen to like girly drinks, though. They're not the mainstay of my beverage selection, but I will drink them if they're around. I drink either beer or straight Crown Royal. For some reason, beer will get me just as drunk as Crown in almost a proportionate amount.

Pomegranate + Red Bull? That sounds like a tasty healthy power drink!

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:29 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 02:29 PM #24 of 57
I drink Newcastle and Gordon Biersch. I'm cool.

Right?

How ya doing, buddy?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 01:39 PM #25 of 57
Quote:
I don't hang around people who spend alot on alcohol, mainly because we are all in college.
Haha.

As a general rule, I don't drink the little mixers, like Smirnoff Twisters and Mike's Hard drinks. It doesn't really have to do with them being "girly", but I need to drink like ten of them to get sufficiently buzzed. It's pretty bad. Vodka just gets the job done quicker.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Profiling Based on Your Beverage