Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:48 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2014, 10:48 PM #1 of 557
I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

Hi.

So a bunch of us are smart people who a) have a Wii U and b) having Mario Kart 8 (because that shit is ace and why haven't you bought it yet stop reading these words and go fix that right now, oh you have it already in that case we cool).

Since Mario Kart 8 has an online mode that is actually pretty solid from what I've played of it, I propose arranging times when a bunch of us might happen to be online at a similar time and get some MK8 action going. What say you? (spoiler: the correct answer is "My word good sir that is a spiffing and most excellent plan")

NEXT MK8 ONLINE EVENT

DATE/TIME:

Wii U NNID thread to go post your ID

OTHER INFO

MK8 can host up to 12 people in online sessions so we shouldn’t have to restrict any group sizes, but first 12 people if somehow we get more.

Voice comms will be done using Skype for anyone interested in some smack talk to accompany their red shells. We will need someone on PC to host (as mobile/console Skype have silly participant restrictions), if anyone is willing to volunteer please let us know.

PROPOSED FOLLOWING MK8 EVENT DATE

Proposed:

CHALLENGERS APPROACH
(Player / Wii U gamertag)
- Acer Why (AcerBandit) / AcerBandit
- CHz / CHz_16
- Doesn't matter, OP is dead (Mo0) / SuperMo0
- Extra Chromosome (sprout) / TheBloodGrinder
- Grundlefield Earth (BahamutZ) / BahamutZ
- nuttyturnip / nuttyturnip
- OmagnusPrime / Omagnus
- SailorDaravon (and Philia) / MrDaravon
- Scent of a Grundle (Menno) / MennoKnight
- shade / shadebox
- Sousuke / Yggdrasilly
- SuperSonic / True_Blue
- Tails / Roflfox
- Team End Piece AND Team Shave (Diss) / TeamParty
- Team Shave AND Team End Piece (Skills) / Colonel_Skills
- The Plane Is A Tiger (Tritoch) / Manablade
- Turbo / TurboGFF

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Aug 2, 2014 at 07:16 AM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:50 PM 1 #2 of 557
My word good sir that is a spiffing and most excellent plan.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:58 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2014, 04:58 PM #3 of 557
AW YEAH RUB A DUB KART

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:04 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2014, 11:04 PM #4 of 557
Oh yeah, so whilst I think of it, the plan would be to co-ordinate the voice chats via Skype. Assuming that also works for people.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:08 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2014, 03:08 PM #5 of 557
Works for me, although I'm out this weekend because I gotta go watch some schmuck get married.

DST is active in the Eastern time zone too, so that should be 5 PM instead of 4 by the way.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:48 PM #6 of 557
Play Mario Kart while watching Hito get married, he won't mind

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:59 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2014, 04:59 PM #7 of 557
I figured yelling out "CLOWNDICK" in the middle of the proceedings after getting lightninged might detract from the event a bit.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:02 PM 1 #8 of 557
Right before they say, "I do", just toss out a blue shell.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:14 PM #9 of 557
Not if he has a music box. Hito, get on that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 01:04 AM #10 of 557
I'm out for this weekend but I plan to pick up MK8 come payday (next week) and I'd definitely be down for it then.

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jun 26, 2014, 03:17 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2014, 02:17 AM #11 of 557
I might be able to make this work.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 06:09 AM #12 of 557
Hopefully I can catch a break between the streams of Games Done Quick and CEO 2014 to get in on this action.

Last edited by SuperSonic; Jun 28, 2014 at 09:48 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:15 AM #13 of 557
We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:06 AM #14 of 557
I can't do this Saturday but I can do other times. My name on Wii U is TheBloodGrinder.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:28 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2014, 09:28 AM #15 of 557
We actually got a Wii U and this yesterday so I'll be completely awful but I'm down. This Saturday is a bit rough for me as well with SDQ2014 and CEO so this one may or may not happen but I'm down in general. I'll also have to see if i have a mic for my laptop, honestly not sure if I do or not. Haven't used skype in years and years, worse case I could hop into chat or something I guess?
Worst case, use skype on your phone. That's what I do, and it works fine.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:07 AM Local time: Jun 26, 2014, 04:07 PM #16 of 557
Updated the top post with a new layout which should encapsulate the information posted thus far. Also added some counters which take in local time to give a better sense of the upcoming gaming sessions and when they are (and to avoid me missing things like EDT or PFT or WFT and other silly timezone abbreviations).

Daravon: what's your NNID?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2014, 08:02 PM #17 of 557
It's MrDaravon. Is your Nintendo Network ID name what your online tag is for the Wii U? I got it all set up last night and online and linked to my NNID which I had already created on 3DS, but I wasn't sure if the Wii U still had friend codes or whatever. Given that it took over an hour to download the required system updated when I first booted the system I'm not making any assumptions about how Nintendo still operates on the internet.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2014, 01:48 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2014, 06:48 AM #18 of 557
I was able to add MrDaravon on my WiiU friends list, so you should have a pending request next time you fire up. And yes, the NNID is your gamertag for adding friends on the WiiU (though the name you appear as in games is different as you're listed as just Daravon in the friend list).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2014, 07:13 AM #19 of 557
Okay, when I get home tonight I'll add some folks then.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:35 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2014, 08:35 PM #20 of 557
Okay. Should be available. BahamutZ

Haven't played much lately, so be prepared for sucking. skype: bahamutzee

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Jun 27, 2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: lol
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:14 PM #21 of 557
I would also be down for this. Actually thought it might be tonight but hey if I'm around on Saturday (probably) this should be excellent!

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 05:36 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2014, 10:36 AM #22 of 557
Good point on the Skype name add, I added you to my contact list so you should have a pending request.

For anyone interested my Skype name is: omagnusprime

Anyone going to be on Skype via PC for sure?

EDIT: So not sure if Philia will be joining alongside Daravon, but if she does we have a full 12 right now, and if not a solid 11 which is great. I realise a few people are maybes, but at this point it means that if the room is full I apologise, but this is great news and I'm more than happy to do these on other days (be that Friday nights, though that could end up being too late for me).

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Jun 28, 2014 at 05:40 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 08:29 AM #23 of 557
Yeah, I'll be up for mario kart shenanigans. Daravon is the one who have ISSUES with his schedule. Supposedly stupid tourneys and whatnot is going on all day or whatever.

I don't plan on "gaming" mario kart like I do with other games but I can pick up a wiimote and have fun with it. :3 If we're skyping, you'll probably see us both. ;D

And I totally respect Nintendo for allowing co-op while getting us both in multiplayer, which is awesome.

EDIT: I just noticed your countdown clock. I'll have you know that I'll be late to the party. I get off at 5 pm EST today from a small 5 hour shift.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Philia; Jun 28, 2014 at 08:34 AM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 09:16 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2014, 02:16 PM #24 of 557
EDIT: I just noticed your countdown clock. I'll have you know that I'll be late to the party. I get off at 5 pm EST today from a small 5 hour shift.
That's fine, you should be able to join the game in progress (provided there's room). You should see whoever is hosting (probably me) with a little checkerflag next to them in the friends list and joining from there.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:12 AM #25 of 557
Philia is so mean D:

Today specifically is just awkward since it's CEO 2014 which is the last big tournament before Evo in a few weeks. Fighting game tournaments are the only competitive thing I really watch, so this is equivalent to playoff action today for me. That said I can probably hop on for at least a while, I'd mainly just want to catch the special events happening tonight at CEO which start at like 9 or 10 pm (4-5 hours after the proposed Mario Kart start time). Right at this moment I'm in the last dungeon in Persona 4 so I'm gonna try to wrap this up, then I'll get the Wii U situated and add some folks. Outside of the basic system setup and playing like 4 rounds of Mario Kart we still haven't touched the system, so expect us to be terrible. I'll have to move the laptop into the living room and see if I can get skype setup, I don't even have it installed on this machine. Worse case we can hop into chat I guess.

Related, is buying a Wii U Pro Controller worth it? We have the regular Wii Pro Controller, is it worth the additional expense? $50 for the Wii U one is a big jump in cost over the regular Wii one.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM.

Tags
"AHH EAT" - Mo0, "Did you know... waves are a type of fungus." -Qwarky, "Gentry Twin Powers Activate. Form of whatever nutty is doing.", "Get out of my head Tumblr", "Hey; Teddy Grahams!", "I counted to two too fast." - Mo0, "I fell off the fuck" - Mo0, "I got first that one time." - SuperSonic, "I think BZ's my spirit animal now." - Dave, "I'm always nine months pregnant." - Dave, "If dicks tasted like these enchiladas I'd eat dicks every day" - Daravon, "If I can't have fifth place; no one will!" - Daravon, "It came off your butt! I saw it!" - Skills, "It's peanut butter egg time", "My driver's drunk" - Acer, "Please do not hit me with the red shell Daravon oh god damn it", "Pretty sure it's all dick no matter which part you freeze it on." - Tails, "Red team drownin' us in dicks." "YOU'RE the Red Team!", "There is only victory for Cat Peach!" - Tails, "This game and its items." - AcerBandit, "This is not the road." - Daravon, "We are Daisy. We are Legion.", "What am I even being-" - Mo0, "What happened to you Skills?" "YOU SHOT ME THREE TIMES" "Oh right", "You're either racing or you're dead.", 100 Years of Taco, 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park., 2007 Miami Dolphins, 2Spooky4Me, 4 out of 6 people asked for this, 5G Internet, Accidental Spooky, ALL GOLD EVERYTHING, Ambient Anger Noises, Angry About Being Accused of Team Killing, Angry About Bodies of Water, Angry About Counting, Angry About Dolphins, Angry About Mount Wario, Angry About Team Killing, awake apnea, Baby Cup, Banatrix, BILL ME LATER, Blue Brigade, Blue Dynasty, Bullet Bill DLC, Bullet Bill Erryday, Bullshit regular Peach, But who was wagon?, Butterscotch DLC, Butterscotch Pudding, CHz is bullshit, Communist Manifesto, Contract Dong, Countably Infinite Gentrys, counting to 2, Cusim Krap, Daravon: Archracist of Gamingforce, DAVE WHY, Dickspin.jpg, Did You Know, DIVORCE GAME, dolphins, Dongforce, ENEMIES EVERYWHERE, Eternally Fifth, Expand Dong, Foreground Anger Noises, Gentron, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, GET IN THE DOME, GET SPOOKY, Good Talk, Grumble Something, Half Music Park Cup, Ice Cream Epiphany, infectious Gentryism, Infinity Gauntlet of Bullshit Items, inopportune cats, Item Fucking, Konkey Dong, Koopa Cup, Lemony Fresh, Libertarian Kart, Lore, Mad Mad Farm, MadAlert Bracelet, Madic Park, Maditoba, Mario Kart 8 Featuring Peyton Manning, Master Dong, McCarthy Kart, Mennobot, MOO STAGE, Music Park Cup, Music Park Cup Mk II, No One Asked For This, nutty's gonna take you to the Sylvan Learning Center, Oakland Raiders, One Lap Alliance, origin stories, Origin Story, preemptively mad, prehensile folds, pretzels, Red Menace, Red Team = Nerds, Robokart, ROYALTY SON, RULES OF PRINCESS, Shy Guy Cup, so mad, Son of Bitch, SPECIAL DELIVERY, Squizz, Still better than Q, strangling a duck, Sudden Mii Regret, Team Baby Daisy, Team Enemywealth, Team No York, That UK Shit, the best princess, The Fifth Gentry, The Tiny Left Space, The Unattainable Doughnut, THERE ARE 39 OTHER TRACKS, Throbbing Around the World in 80 Days, Toad Apartheid, two heads of setphones, Yoshi Cup

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.