Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cleaning the house

Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Dec 6, 2008, 02:30 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 12:30 AM #26 of 38
I need to do laundry SO bad right now, but I was out all night and didn't get the chance. The dryer "shit the bed" so we thought. My husband's grandma called the dyer guy and he came out an told us that it's not the dryer, it's the outlet. It's only getting 11 volts when it should be getting 120 V or something like that. His grandma is such a cheap ass that she doesn't bother calling an electrician and she wants to wait until her daughters husband comes down from Idaho to fix it(he's a trucker).

I usually do laundry every 5 days or so. A little on this day, and then a little more on the next day.The sheets, every month or so. Oh, and his grandma's vacuum just broke too. There is dog hair flying about our carpeted room. The rest of the house is fake tile, so that gets swept and mopped every 3 weeks or so. If we don't do it, it doesn't get done...the only thing this old lady does is the dishes when it's her turn, cooks chicken for her dog that refuses to eat anything else, and her laundry.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Dec 6, 2008, 02:32 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 04:02 PM #27 of 38
My wife & I are actually neat freaks. We're always cleaning the house every day. We usually tidy the house once a day, and we end up thoroughly cleaning the house once a week.

We end dividing the chores so that each of us has our equal share.

Me: Folding Clothes, Dishes, Swiffer Floors, Vacuum Basement Carpet, Snow Shovelling, Yard Work, Garbage, and Kitty Litter.

Her: Dusting the entire house, Scrubbing & Mopping the entire house, Bathrooms, Cleaning up after all the rodents, pet maintenance, Cooking, Laundry, Changing Sheets, and Making the bed.

Since I've had to move away to Alberta she takes on all the chores by herself, it just goes to show how hard working she is, but I'm happy I'll be home for what it looks like two months because of the price of oil, so I'll be able to give her a helping hand.

In regards to your second question gaming. I actually enjoy doing chores. I find especially if I have nothing to do that day it helps pass time. Besides my wife is always appreciative when I volunteer to do housework.

Women use to tell me that they like when a guy volunteers to do housework instead of being voluntold. Besides I have no problems giving my wife a helping hand because its my house too and I like having a clean house just as much as she does.

By The Way:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2008, 02:59 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 12:59 PM #28 of 38
I'm a laid back person by nature (Some might say Lazy, but I can get up and active if the situation demands), so usually once a month I'll seriously pick up around the house and get things looking nice and tidy-ish. Laundry is about once a week, but due to the constant cycle of clean / dirty clothes it always seems like I'm missing some outfits or T-Shirts that aren't carbon copies of each other (By which I mean like every character ever who goes the entire story wearing the same outfit but then reveals they have 10 outfits that exactly alike, only just T-Shirts in my case)

I DO want get more frequent in the weekly/monthly routine, but I habitually always put off my bedroom for last. Tis just the way I am. I can muster up the energy to get chores and stuff done, but not like every day *Shrug*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2009, 01:40 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2009, 11:40 AM #29 of 38
(Sorry to be posting in an old thread, but I was cleaning earlier this morning and thought it relevant to post, so I searched rather than starting a new one).

My personal space tends to get a little messy (cluttered around with text books and notebooks around, shoes out of their designated boxes and cubbies, that sort of thing) when I'm busy. Over the summer when I was only working part time I generally did laundry and cleaning once a week.

The bathroom is cleaned on a weekly basis no matter what. I share it with 3 other guys, so I made it VERY clear to them that I'm a scary witch of a woman when I have to clean up after someone else's body fluids. Especially those that don't pertain to females; that crusty shit is NOT a pleasure to scrape off.

My roommates whom I share the bathroom with are all nice, laid back dudes so they're rather good about keeping the rotation going. Everyone cleans at least once a month and it rotates from week to week who's in charge. I mandate that everybody does the following when it's their turn: wiping the mirrors, dusting and cleaning the counter/toilet seat surfaces, and taking out the trash. Once every couple of months I'll get down on my knees and elbows to get rid of mildew and grime in the shower stalls.

I was speaking idiomatically.
fulgore
Wark!

Member 34749

Level 2.12

Nov 2009

Old Nov 21, 2009, 04:22 AM #30 of 38
I clean my house 3-4 times a year, only when it's a major holiday. But the PC, the bed and my clothes on a weekly basis. I'm a pig.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:28 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 12:28 PM #31 of 38
I live with 3 very messy people and the house is a mess most of the time despite my best efforts the contrary. After a bunch of drama where people's feelings were hurt after telling them to clean up their dishes, I've decided to leave it alone and accept the mess

FELIPE NO
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 08:51 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 01:51 PM #32 of 38
I'm living alone now so I guess I can update this. Since the flat's pretty small it's no trouble to clean it once a week. Dusting, hoovering, scrubbing the kitchen/bathroom floors, cleaning sinks/shower/loo, getting rid of all the shit that accumulates on my table over the course of the week. Has to be pristine; I'm very particular about the cleanliness of the place I live, which is why even though I appreciate it when people offer to do the dishes for me, I refuse. Dishwashing happens every day after my evening meal because I only have two saucepans and I tend to use them every day. I try and stretch out my laundry day to fortnightly (wear anything that's not grubby twice and bought a shitton more underwear) because we get free washer/dryer tokens every two weeks. My bedcovers get changed every time I do the laundry.

My boyfriend is so messy though; his best mate finds it hilarious that we're polar opposites in terms of cleanliness. I don't find it that amusing. He tries his best to be tidy when he's here, bless him, but it's almost as if he's fighting his very nature to do it, and I usually clean the day he leaves.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:02 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 05:02 PM #33 of 38
I live rent-free on the condition I keep the flat from looking like arse. Both my brother and I value clutter, so the place is never tidy by design, but I am particular about cleanliness. The place gets a once-over every morning—vacuuming, washing up, wiping down the kitchen and bathroom—but I spend around one hour-long session a week blaring obnoxious metal and scrubbing the kitchen until it fucking shines.

My own room is pretty chaotic in spite of my fussiness about the rest of the flat.

Most amazing jew boots
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:54 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 09:54 AM #34 of 38
My apartment is military clean.

You can imagine what that means.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 01:04 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 01:04 PM 1 #35 of 38
I imagine it is uncomfortable to hang out at your apartment.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Nov 21, 2009, 01:18 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 10:18 AM #36 of 38
I think hanging out in a meticulously clean apartment is better than hanging out in someone's filth. I don't keep plastic on my cooches or anything, but I like to do some heavy cleaning at least twice a week, depending on the occasion.

If I have out-of-town guests, I'll generally refrain from any heavy cleaning for the duration of their stay, but as soon as they leave, you bet your ass I'm going to break out the bleach.

One of my buddies is the polar opposite. He never cleans his house. It's so bad that it's to the point where you have to wear shoes inside the house. He doesn't have carpet floors and the granite is caked in dirt. I don't think he's mopped the floor since he inherited the house about 6 years ago. Hell, I would be surprised if he swept the floor more than once a month. He's got a pet racoon and three dogs and they've pretty much got the run of the house, along side the piles of trash you'll find hanging out in his living room. It smells awful in his house. I avoid going over there as much as I can.

The funny thing about his house is that he doesn't allow smoking inside... even though he's completely missing the door that leads from the living room to the patio.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Nov 21, 2009, 02:05 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 03:05 PM #37 of 38
I myself am not one for excessive cleaning, but my girlfriend is what some may call a clean freak, so I do clean a lot more than I would if I were to live alone. She can barely go a day without vacuuming and tidying everything up.

When living alone, I had developed means of doing everything in a way that least disturbs the things in the apartment so as to not have to spend my days cleaning(i.e. using a single frying pan/pot, fork and plate to cook and eat pretty much anything), so I guess it balances out.

Even though she usually starts cleaning most things before I even realize or consider that they need to be done, I still help her out a lot with the cleaning, and there are certain things that I have been made responsible of by the single fact that she doesn't like to do these things, mainly taking out the trash and washing the toilet bowl, inside and out.

Most amazing jew boots

Juggle dammit
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2009, 02:08 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2009, 02:08 PM 3 #38 of 38
I don't keep plastic on my cooches or anything
Best Typo Award, 2009

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Cleaning the house