Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Rock Band - Buy now or wait?

Mimi-kun
Carob Nut

Member 943

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:25 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2008, 10:25 AM #1 of 6
Rock Band - Buy now or wait?

So here's my dilemma: I bought the 360 version of Rock Band a while back, but never played online or bought any music. Then earlier this year I got a PS3 and a bunch of my friends and co-workers have Rock Band for the PS3 and I would love to play with them. I'm itching to trade in the 360 version and get the PS3 version but now I'm hearing talk about a Rock Band 2...

Now, some of my friends tell me to just get Rock Band since they'll keep releasing music for it online and lots of people will still play it. I don't want to buy the current Rock Band and start buying up songs online if a new one is due out soon. What would happen to those songs?

So what do you guys think? Is the second game really coming out soon, and if it is, do you think the current Rock Band would still be compatible with it's music (downloads and such)?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:19 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2008, 11:19 AM #2 of 6
The peripherals will more than likely be compatible with the sequel, so just keep what you have, whichever version you decide on, and buy the game on its own when it drops. The songs probably won't transfer over, unless they did something really cool that lets you do that. You can't play songs you downloaded for the 360 version of Guitar Hero 2 on Guitar Hero 3, so I don't see it happening for Rock Band either.

Most amazing jew boots
Mimi-kun
Carob Nut

Member 943

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:43 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2008, 12:43 PM #3 of 6
Good point regarding the instruments. Maybe I will just get it now and live it up until the new one eventually comes out. I'll just try not to buy too many songs =\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:06 PM #4 of 6
I'd look into the future at Guitar Hero 4: it's a different drum setup, and if people shelled out a lot for Rock Band, then how many will also do it for GH4, which like its predecessors has potential. Personally, I'd wait and be one of the first to have GH4, since Rock Band is already pretty widespread =)

How ya doing, buddy?
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:53 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2008, 10:53 PM #5 of 6
Rock Band 2 will be entirely backward compatable, even moreso with most of the songs on Rock Band 1 as well as all songs you've downloaded. GH4 looks to be gay and is just being a copycat of Rock Band's popularity instead of doing its own thing (sorry, personal opinion), will feature new guitars to promote "all new features" and thus is probably not backwards compatable, especially considering their track record with the last games.

GH looks to be continuing on the PS2, so I'd just continue to buy it on that, and stick with the better game for the next generation.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:35 AM #6 of 6
Everything I've read suggests that whatever songs you buy for Rock Band 1 will work with RB2.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Rock Band - Buy now or wait?