Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bakuretsu Tenshi "Burst Angel"

pyrus421
the sky remains the same as ever

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 02:01 PM #1 of 7
Bakuretsu Tenshi "Burst Angel"

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Kyohei Tachibana is a student at a culinary arts school with dreams of someday becoming a patissier (pastry chef). The next step in achieving this goal is to travel to France for some further studying, but there's just one problem: He can't afford it. Instead of giving up on his goal, he gets a part-time job as a cook for a group of four girls; Meg, Jo, Amy, and Sei.

The girls, ranging in ages of eleven to nineteen, turn out to be mercenaries. Despite the fact they're usually being shot at, they all happen to wear the scantiest and tightest choice of clothing possible, which seemingly increases their mobility during combat. Meg is a mechanic and damsel in distress, Jo is a psychotic sharp-shooting prodigy (as well as the pilot for their mecha, Jango), Amy is a computer whiz, and Sei is their boss, who in turn, works for Bai Lan.
Sorry I'm bad at writing reviews. I watched this anime before the English dub came so I can't say if the dub is horrible or not but Kyo's actor is, no doubt, younger then he should be. Theres a lot of neat fighting scenes in this, 24 episodes. Btw, the sequel will be called Tenshi Sairin.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zero'
None

Member 4266

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 05:25 PM #2 of 7
What's the word "sairin" mean?

I guess I have the idea who might be the next main character for the sequel.

How ya doing, buddy?
pyrus421

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 06:01 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 04:01 PM #3 of 7
Literally it means "advent", but Animenewsnetwork.com translates it as "angel's second coming"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 06:35 PM #4 of 7
Ahh.. So this one will be Angel's Advent .. I dont want to be anti-bakutenshi but wasn't this one of gonzo's worst years in anime? I gave this anime a chance cause i thought it had potential but after episode 10 , i gave up. If anyone can tell me what happens in there please do. I'll try the sequel when it comes out. I hope its better than the first.

How ya doing, buddy?
bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 05:25 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 06:25 AM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by chato
Ahh.. So this one will be Angel's Advent .. I dont want to be anti-bakutenshi but wasn't this one of gonzo's worst years in anime? I gave this anime a chance cause i thought it had potential but after episode 10 , i gave up. If anyone can tell me what happens in there please do. I'll try the sequel when it comes out. I hope its better than the first.

I totally agree. i guess i was more patient than you, i gave it till episode 16. i WANTED so badly to get in to the anime, but w/the storyline changing every episode, i couldn't hang on anymore. I liked the characters, but the plot never grabbed me. i hope the sequel is much better.

I was speaking idiomatically.
pyrus421

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 11:33 AM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by chato
If anyone can tell me what happens in there please do
Episode 10 summary
Spoiler:
I'm not sure its because of the fight in episode 08, but Jango is all messed up and needs to be repaired. While Leo goes away to repair Jango... Joe, Meg, and Sei go shopping. Meanwhile, Amy and Kyo go to a net cafe. Amy uses the computer to track down the "hackers" that put her face on the internet. The hackers supposedly know whats going on and broadcast a virus into the network. After that they escape to someone who takes them to a cyberworld(because thats where the hackers are.) The hackers have sacrificed their organic bodies in order to become machines capable of better communicating with the network, and they want Amy to become one of them. She refuses, kills one of them, then the cyberworld begins collapsing. Somehow, they end up in the real world, AMY CRIES, and thats pretty much it

Originally Posted by bighunt
but w/the storyline changing every episode
Yeah it does that a lot, theres a lot of background information missing. At least they brought episode 14 that tells a bit about how Joe and Meg met.
Episode 16 summary
Spoiler:
Episode 16 starts off in the forest without any explanation. They find the child killer and hang him. Mario, the pilot of the green mech, is trying to communicate with Joe, so Joe has been getting all these flashbacks from episode 14. Their fighting creates a void that brings them to another world. The lone villager guy, that Joe meets, has been living there, waiting for the demon that destroyed his village. Story contunues onto episode 17

Other than the kawaii characters, the music was just awesome.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by pyrus421; May 21, 2006 at 01:39 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 01:39 PM #7 of 7
The characters Joe and Meg bored me alot. The gun shots and all the obvious action that you would see in any anime was expected.. It didn't have that feel that would attract fans of mech and Gonzo's CG rape. I did enjoy that opening theme. Was catchy and suited the characters well. I guess they flopped in the ost department =/

At least Samurai 7 wasn't that bad.. though the anime had a few flaws as well.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Bakuretsu Tenshi "Burst Angel"