Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

xsabin
if you dare to attack me,i will chrush you

Member 11500

Level 6.27

Aug 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 02:37 PM #1251 of 1438
you gotta use the mugen trading thread for requests

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
GoGoGojira
Rawracycle

Member 13296

Level 1.34

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 02:41 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 11:41 AM #1252 of 1438
Actually, this thread accepts requests from others.

Most amazing jew boots
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 03:47 PM #1253 of 1438
No, it doesn't work that way. You see, xsabin has more posts than you. Therefore, he makes the rules. If you dare to contradict him, he will chrush you. =/

No, really, there's a thread specifically for requests, are you braindead

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 04:12 PM #1254 of 1438
Yea got off the offical thread with your lame request and trying to correct us.
Unless you got some news or a tip or trick or something for mugen then take your character requests to the proper thread.

How ya doing, buddy?
GoGoGojira
Rawracycle

Member 13296

Level 1.34

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 04:31 PM #1255 of 1438
Oops... I don't mean to sound degrading. I apologize for doing that.

FELIPE NO
Makaar
Perfect Dark Zero Enthusiast

Member 12015

Level 6.89

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:28 PM #1256 of 1438
Originally Posted by NEEDSCISSORS-61
No, it doesn't work that way. You see, xsabin has more posts than you. Therefore, he makes the rules. If you dare to contradict him, he will chrush you. =/

No, really, there's a thread specifically for requests, are you braindead
"So in short, this thread will deliver on the following:

1. Character Requests: Request and provide any rare characters you might have."

This thread was started by Soldier right? It says on the first page that requests "were" allowed at some point. It should be taken off the first page if that's a rule of this thread. Also, if people are going to advocate the "more posts=more senority" rule, then they should at least follow the rules on page 1. To me more posts means you have more free time than anyone else. Just saying...no offense XSABIN, UR my hero, still.

But yeah, this thread has become more of a Mugen "HELP" Thread rather than a request thread, which is why I made mine GoGoGojira. Not your fault, really.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Makaar; Sep 30, 2006 at 08:44 PM.
GoGoGojira
Rawracycle

Member 13296

Level 1.34

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 05:50 PM #1257 of 1438
Thanks for making me feel better Makaar. Yeah, I was just reading what was on the front page. I saw your thread, lots of requests in there.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Makaar
Perfect Dark Zero Enthusiast

Member 12015

Level 6.89

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:05 PM #1258 of 1438
Originally Posted by GoGoGojira
Thanks for making me feel better Makaar. Yeah, I was just reading what was on the front page. I saw your thread, lots of requests in there.
People on these threads tend to come off harsh, but they just are just giving you tough love. They just want you to be self-reliant...!

God, BTW: I was looking at my Dan Hibiki I created back in 2003 and HOLY CRAP is it bad. What would be a reasoning behind repeated jumping even though I am controlling him? I'm guessing that's something to do with my cmd file strings...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 09:32 PM #1259 of 1438
Rofl makar i would love to see that dan in action or just a screenshot(sorry for being harsh on you).
meh if someone is at level 30 here it means they started way before us. Just my opinion though i mean the only real thing i post here for is mugen and a few other things but thats about it. Senority sucks.

cloud805
Banned

Member 13146

Level 8.06

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 08:02 PM #1260 of 1438
hey whats the best mugen character maker program that u can get right now

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2006, 11:18 PM #1261 of 1438
it fighter factory and you just google it to get it

teddyboy
First Filipino S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent

Member 13176

Level 1.86

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:19 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 06:19 PM #1262 of 1438
hi; i'm just new to this thread, and to MUGEN also. I don't know if this is the right thread but it did say Official MUGEN Thread so I was thinking maybe this is where you go when you have questions. I just have a tiny problem (well, two) right now; I don't know how to correct it, so I hope anyone can help.

I downloaded the EVE MUGEN, and proceeded to do the usual stuff (add the buttload of characters I've been downloading left and right, add the stages I've been downloading left and right). Then I start the program. At the "Loading" screen, it has sounds, but when the main menu shows up, no music. Also at the character select screen, no music. I think some of the stages that were already there couldn't play the music they were supposed to play.

Another problem is when I got a Hydro character (an edited Cyrax/Sektor character; has freezeballs and teleport uppercut) along with an MK MUGEN (with a lot of other characters). I tested that game - it's purely an MK game - and Hydro works. I copied his folder to my own chars folder, but when I use him in my MUGEN, the program crashes and says somethig was wrong with his "recovery" command (can't remember the exact words) or something. I don't know how to fix this, or if I even should fix this, because, well, the only thing I know right now is editing select.def for characters and stages; I don't know how to fix something like this especially when it comes to opening and editing other files (the .cns, .cmd, and other types).

Hope anyone can help.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
lordnmb
Renegade SysOp

Member 13106

Level 3.93

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 08:40 AM #1263 of 1438
Originally Posted by teddyboy
hi; i'm just new to this thread, and to MUGEN also. I don't know if this is the right thread but it did say Official MUGEN Thread so I was thinking maybe this is where you go when you have questions. I just have a tiny problem (well, two) right now; I don't know how to correct it, so I hope anyone can help.

I downloaded the EVE MUGEN, and proceeded to do the usual stuff (add the buttload of characters I've been downloading left and right, add the stages I've been downloading left and right). Then I start the program. At the "Loading" screen, it has sounds, but when the main menu shows up, no music. Also at the character select screen, no music. I think some of the stages that were already there couldn't play the music they were supposed to play.

Another problem is when I got a Hydro character (an edited Cyrax/Sektor character; has freezeballs and teleport uppercut) along with an MK MUGEN (with a lot of other characters). I tested that game - it's purely an MK game - and Hydro works. I copied his folder to my own chars folder, but when I use him in my MUGEN, the program crashes and says somethig was wrong with his "recovery" command (can't remember the exact words) or something. I don't know how to fix this, or if I even should fix this, because, well, the only thing I know right now is editing select.def for characters and stages; I don't know how to fix something like this especially when it comes to opening and editing other files (the .cns, .cmd, and other types).

Hope anyone can help.
Turn off sound hardware acceleration and check out this link: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=40388.0 it may help you. Also try using a different MP3 driver than the one that comes with mugen. The one included in the EVE screenpack works well.

Double Post:
I am trying to make 2 characters for mugen (a KH version of cloud and sephiroth) but I am afraid I am not much of a programmer. I can do the graphics and all the sprites easily enough, (assuming my tablet is not being retarded like it tends to be) but if anyone wants to help me on the coding end of that that would be great. Shoot me a PM or something.

FELIPE NO

Allow the purity of evil to guide you...

Last edited by lordnmb; Oct 2, 2006 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
GoGoGojira
Rawracycle

Member 13296

Level 1.34

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 09:36 AM #1264 of 1438
No problem... Well, I have a video screen problem. I can't seem to get my Mugen to appear in a form of a small window. It comes up as a small screen, testing and confirming the sound, video, etc. Then I have to press Y to get it to play. It's not a problem really, I got over it, but, I wanna know how to get it in a window instead of full screen...

How ya doing, buddy?
pablus
Carob Nut

Member 13119

Level 4.12

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:44 PM #1265 of 1438
Hello people, I have a problem that has been troubling me for months, when I run my mugen windowed I have no problem, it mugen a it's best, however, when I go fullscreen, the screen starts flashing black twice per second. I have tried to fix it by changing resolution of my desktop and in mugen, also by changing the color configuration in desktop and mugen, I have tried all Direct X modes, I started my mugen with no chars, screenpacks, etc. and the problem wasn't fixed. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT. Apart from that, it isn't a speed issue because I put in the game not to skip any frames and the speed remains the same

Shinoto
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12239

Level 2.62

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 05:33 AM #1266 of 1438
Fullscreen.

Originally Posted by GoGoGojira
No problem... Well, I have a video screen problem. I can't seem to get my Mugen to appear in a form of a small window. It comes up as a small screen, testing and confirming the sound, video, etc. Then I have to press Y to get it to play. It's not a problem really, I got over it, but, I wanna know how to get it in a window instead of full screen...
Hmm try doing ALT and ENTER. If that doesn't work then open MUGEN.CFG and I guess change it to windowed instead of Software or whatever it's default setting is. - Jin

To live one must die...
Aros
A.r.o.s

Member 12418

Level 4.31

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 04:15 PM #1267 of 1438
hey i got a question how do i install music in EVE? i dont know how to put music to character select screen and stages and versus screen :S please tell me how

Shinoto
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12239

Level 2.62

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 04:16 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 06:16 AM #1268 of 1438
Hmm I seem to need a plugin so I can use OGG type music? I can't play it right now because of some reason but I do believe I need a plugin to support it's file format. Using OGG because I heard it loops and got the idea from a nice thread. Could I please be directed to any plugins of the sort? - Jin

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Aros
hey i got a question how do i install music in EVE? i dont know how to put music to character select screen and stages and versus screen :S please tell me how
Heh man each stage has a DEF file and it says bgmusic. So you like do this. If you wanted to use Killswitch Engage - End Of The Heartache.mp3 for a stage song. I'd rename it heartache. So you go to the stage's DEF file then type sound/heartache.mp3. Goes with anything make sure you use the correct format and the files are in the folder. For the character select screen I believe you go to system.def and just read instead of asking - Jin

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
To live one must die...

Last edited by Shinoto; Oct 1, 2006 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Aros
A.r.o.s

Member 12418

Level 4.31

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 04:30 PM #1269 of 1438
lol oK... so i just put sound/blablabla.mp3.

Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 05:28 PM #1270 of 1438
To most of the people with screen problems change your doubleres to whatever you want...most people use 4. To change it go to your mugen.cfg file and just ctrl+f and search double res then change it.
The music problem was solved for the most part. The original music driver mugen comes with sucks so just download a new one and your set.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aros
A.r.o.s

Member 12418

Level 4.31

Sep 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 06:52 PM #1271 of 1438
and where i found it?

FELIPE NO
Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 06:56 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 06:56 PM #1272 of 1438
no aros what you posted before was correct

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NeoKazu

Member 13319

Level 1.02

Oct 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:37 AM #1273 of 1438
please see this.
youtube.com/watch?v=kqCpeg2TycA

What this Guile and Storm X?
It saw for the first time.
Guile very cool!!!

Next, please see this.
youtube.com/watch?v=9QeRP7E4EGA

Chaos Hiryu?

Doesn't it become precocious with this character?
I am sorry if it is WIP.

Last edited by NeoKazu; Oct 2, 2006 at 03:40 AM.
teddyboy
First Filipino S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent

Member 13176

Level 1.86

Sep 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:47 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 06:47 PM #1274 of 1438
Originally Posted by lordnmb
Turn off sound hardware acceleration and check out this link: it may help you. Also try using a different MP3 driver than the one that comes with mugen. The one included in the EVE screenpack works well.

Double Post:
I am trying to make 2 characters for mugen (a KH version of cloud and sephiroth) but I am afraid I am not much of a programmer. I can do the graphics and all the sprites easily enough, (assuming my tablet is not being retarded like it tends to be) but if anyone wants to help me on the coding end of that that would be great. Shoot me a PM or something.

Thanks for the help bro. It still don't work, though but at least I got to do something about it... Thanks again!:biggrin:

Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 02:58 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 02:58 PM #1275 of 1438
I recommend the videos that neokazu posted because the guy thats fighting(david2draw) is very good and beats some of the toughest mugen creations and is sought after for testing new characters against. He also posts many links for the stages and characters he uses so if you see something you like there may be a link to it.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread