Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Top 3 Upcoming Next Gen Games

Fafner
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6437

Level 2.00

May 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:42 AM #1 of 42
Top 3 Upcoming Next Gen Games

With the 'current' generation coming to a close upon the release of the Wii and PS3, I thought it would be nice to post our top 3 most anticipated next generation games.:biggrin:

Mine:

1. Mass Effect - Bioware + Sci-Fi? Yeah, I'm in!

2. Grand Theft Auto IV - Given the sheer vastness of San Andreas, I can't wait to see what Rockstar has in store for us this time.

3. Lost Odyssey - Uematsu and Sakaguchi... This oughta be good, if not GREAT!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 02:40 AM #2 of 42
TWILIGHT PRINCESS

I'll probably quit gaming then, knowing it peaked. The rest don't matter.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 04:56 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 01:56 PM #3 of 42
There's only a few games I'm actually looking forward to in the next generation. All three are on the PS3, a system I didn't really have any intention of purchasing any time soon until I read that a sequel for Zone of the Enders is coming out.

That said, the only three I want are Devil May Cry 4, Zone of the Enders 3, and ...somewhat Metal Gear Solid 4. Believe it or not, I'm not pissing my pants over Kojima's latest. Not until I see more Vamp. Or Meryl.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:45 PM #4 of 42
I've got no real interest in next-gen right now given there's still a good load of PS2 titles coming up and even more I've got on the backlog that'll keep me busy well into 2007.

That said any remote interest with titles that seem to be ways off lies with White Knight Story, MGS4 & Devil May Cry 4.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:22 PM #5 of 42
Here are the top three I'm looking out for:

1. Twilight Princess

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Super Smash Bros Brawl

Yes, I'm a huge Nintendo believer. There would be some games for the PS3 on here but ever since we all found out how much of a price difference there was going to be between the two, I was forced to choose between consoles. I've always had Nintendo and Playstation together but that won't be the case this year. T.T I was really looking forward to the PS3 but since I'm not getting it now the true Nintendo spirit in me has grown stronger.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by majario; Oct 25, 2006 at 06:34 PM.
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:30 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 03:30 AM #6 of 42
I have a hard time picking games to look forward to without having played them simply because it's difficult to determine how whether or not I'll like the game simply from reading about it. For example I ended up loving Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders even though I had no idea if it would be appealing to me after being rather unimpressed with Dynasty Warriors, while I ended up absolutely hating Star Fox Assault even though I loved the first two games (or three, if the unreleased Star Fox 2 counts). But anyway, here's the games that I'm hoping will be good, at the very least.

Bioshock
Honestly, if it's even half as good as System Shock 2, I'll be more than happy. The setting and gameplay look very interesting, so I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a try when it's out.

Assassin's Creed
Looks quite fun. Strange as it may sound, it feels like Hitman mixed with Sly Cooper set in a Prince of Persia world. It looks like the kind of game that gives you the freedom to play it how you want which many games strive for and ultimately fail at, and since it seems that they're actually taking advantage of the features the next gen consoles offer, it might actually end up accomplishing that.

Ratchet and Clank Next Gen
I got hooked on the series when I played the second one, and now I can't get enough of them. Nothing about the upcoming PS3 one is known, but I don't care, I'm sure I'll love it if it's as good as the others. Not to mention I really want to see what they can make with all that power in their hands, I'm sure they'll be staying up all night just coming up with crazy weapon ideas that they couldn't do before.

Also, Dark Sector is a runner up from what it sounded like in the Game Informer preview. But I'm pretty skeptic of Game Informer previews since some end up being pretty off...*cough*RedSteel*cough*. Oh, and the next gen Star Wars game definitely should get mention since I'm extremely interested in seeing Euphoria and Digital Molecular Matter in a game, but since not really anything has been shown for it it's hard to make judgement on it yet.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 06:57 PM #7 of 42
I'm just looking forward to something that isn't from Japan (read: PC), doesn't have a number in its title and is actually original.

FELIPE NO
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:55 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 10:55 PM #8 of 42
Zone of the Enders 3, Trauma Center and Killer Instinct 3.

Of course if Killer Instinct 3 arrives, I'm sold. But I highly doubt Rare will make themselves useful after things like Kameo.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:26 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 09:26 PM #9 of 42
We all know Rare would completely ruin every single Killer Instinct character design. Every. Single. One.

Basically everything I've seen from this 'next gen' so far gets a gigantic roll eyes from me. So much so that my eyes would be boldly rolling away. But heeey!

Excite Truck
Because it's about bloody time the Rush style mindless, gigantic jumping, fun arcade racer made a return! With the exception of Burnout and a few of those terrible Hotwheels X-Treme Whatever racing games, the mindless arcade racer was lost for years in a slew of tedious racing games that realistically simulate boredom.

Grand Theft Auto 4
Yeah I'm gay for GTA. I hope they go mental and make the game world so big you'll have to book flights in-game well in advance and board the plane before going to sleep, only to wake up the next morning and look over at the TV, still not there yet. That sentence was so broken in every possible way.

Insert Something Else Here
Maybe Motor Storm for the same reason as Excite Truck! Christ I'm trying to seriously think of something and it's depressing as hell. Maybe that new Monkey Ball game, oh and Alan Wake on 360 looks pretty fantastic.

Most amazing jew boots
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:37 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 06:37 AM #10 of 42
Originally Posted by Elixir
If course if Killer Instinct 3 arrives, I'm sold. But I highly doubt Rare will make themselves useful after things like Kameo.
I don't think Rare owns the license to Killer Instinct anymore, actually. From what I can tell Nintendo owns the name of the series. So if that's true, you can pretty much flush any hope of seeing a KI3 down the toilet since I highly doubt they'd have any intention of using the license.

What do you mean make themselves useful after Kameo though? I don't see how anything was wrong with Kameo, except for being part of the action/adventure genre (which I generally get bored with quickly). But I honestly can't say I got bored with Kameo any more than I did other games in the genre.

Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 10:25 PM #11 of 42
Rare went from 64-bit to 2-bit, in case you're still playing GoldenEye religiously.

LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 08:28 AM #12 of 42
White Knight Story
This game is my sole justification for buying a PS3. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay looks solid, and hell, it's Level 5. That automatically makes it an incredible game.

Zone of the Enders 3
So the series has two games behind it now. The first was allright with some wonky controls and camera issues. The second one was infinitely better if not for some awkward dialogue at times. This is Kojima's big opportunity to perfect this series and give it the grand entrance into next-gen it deserves.

Final Fantasy XIII
I'm entirely skipping over XII. I don't even remotely wanna play it at this point, but I'm far too excited about XIII. The footage that's been shown looks incredible. My tone might change once more information/screenshots/gameplay comes out, but for now I'm greatly anticipating its arrival.

Some honorable mentions include Too Human for the XB360, Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3, Warhawk and Genji: Day of the Blade.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:33 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 11:33 PM #13 of 42
Quote:
This is Kojima's big opportunity to perfect this series and give it the grand entrance into next-gen it deserves.
What?

LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:41 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 04:41 PM #14 of 42
Originally Posted by Solis
What do you mean make themselves useful after Kameo though? I don't see how anything was wrong with Kameo, except for being part of the action/adventure genre (which I generally get bored with quickly). But I honestly can't say I got bored with Kameo any more than I did other games in the genre.
I'm guessing he's trying to say Kameo is somehow an awful game, when it clearly isn't (even if it's not fantastic). It would have done him better to pick some of the actually embarrassing Rare games like PDZ or Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:13 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 08:13 AM #15 of 42
Bioshock is the title I'm most looking forward to, and it will be on PC so no need for me to shell out a ridiculous $400-$600 just to play it. :ninja:

Twilight Princess - I'm interested in this game, but looking back the last Zelda game on GC wouldn't even be in my top 25. It was a fun game and unique, but I've played many others that I enjoyed more and that had more impact on me.

FELIPE NO
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:04 AM #16 of 42
Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots
Snake, the ultimate tactical espionage protagonist, returns with yet another mission of righting the world's wrongs and taking out Metal Gear.

Bioshock
Ayn Rand influenced madness? Giant androids with drill arms that cut through your freakin hand? Wicked.

Crysis
Crytek made an amazing game called Farcry back in the day that pushed the FPS envelope farther than ever on the PC. Granted, it was later trumped by F.E.A.R. and Half-Life 2, it still holds up.

Other stuff to anticipate:
Resident Evil 5
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 09:32 AM #17 of 42
- White Knight Story
- Motorstorm
- Smash Bros. Brawl

A little something out of each pile I'd put Twilight Princess down, but it's not a next gen game in my eyes. A really awesome game, yes, but it's a Gamecube title with a few extras on el Wii.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 11:55 AM #18 of 42
1. Twilight Princess

Yeah, what can i say. My love for Resident Evil is surpassed only by my love for console Zelda games. It's deffinetly going to be my first Wii title.

2. Resident Evil 5

Yeah, i'm thinking it's gonna be a while before i get my hands on this. I plan on getting a PS3 in 2008, maybe. I'm a firm believer that RE5 will show up on Wii after a while, so i'm tempted not to buy it until near the end of this generation's lifespan.

3. Devil May Cry 4

This is sort of only on my top 3 list cause nothing else has grabbed my attention as much. Me getting this game ultimatly depends on how much DMC 3 grabs me. So far number 1 is great, and i'm loving it, but i first tried 3 a while ago, and i thought it sucked something terrible. We'll see how this goes.

Honourable Mentions:
Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Excite Truck, Metroid Prime 3, Dragon Quest: Swords.

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 02:11 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 12:11 PM #19 of 42
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Final Fantasy XIII
I'm entirely skipping over XII. I don't even remotely wanna play it at this point, but I'm far too excited about XIII[/B]
Why the hell would you skip XII? It's looking like the best Final Fantasy since FF6, man! The reviews seem to indicate that it's gonna be on that level, too!

Anyway:

1. Mass Effect - Looks like the hottest game, for any system, ever. Honestly, I am stunned by how good this game looks, and I know from Bioware's track record that the game will be nothing short of amazing! It cannot come faster.

2. LoZ: Twilight Princess - If I decide to buy a Wii this year, despite it's lack of black, this will be the reason. Metroid is a factor too, but this is the real cream of the crop.

3. Bioshock - Do I really need a reason? Honestly?

HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 02:14 AM #20 of 42
Twilight Princess - This game looks nothing short of incredible. Once my most anticipated game for Gamecube.

Metroid Prime 3 - Because I really want to see how the Wii works, properly. And because I've loved every Metroid game I've played.

Super Mario Galaxy - Aside from Zelda, my most anticipated game. Some games just make you feel like a kid again, and this game looks capable of doing that.

All of them are Wii, because I have no interest in Xbox360 and no money for a PS3.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 04:33 PM #21 of 42
Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
I'd put Twilight Princess down, but it's not a next gen game in my eyes. A really awesome game, yes, but it's a Gamecube title with a few extras on el Wii.
What qualifies as next gen then? Better graphics?
As far as I'm concerned, Wii is the only next gen system.

PeazyBaby
Pro Ninja

Member 14574

Level 1.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 03:49 AM #22 of 42
Originally Posted by Cal
I'm just looking forward to something that isn't from Japan (read: PC), doesn't have a number in its title and is actually original.
quoted for effect.

I have had a 360 since launch and still feel like I have yet to play a next gen title. The only game that I would even entertain the thought of calling next gen would be Call of Duty 2 which not only was a port from the PC but a launch title. If that doesn't give you the idea of how dry the next-gen scene has been then I can try to make it a little simpler. It doesn't exist, not till november at least.

Here's my current list:
-Gears of War
-Twilight Princess
-Crackdown? Forza 2? if only they weren't pushed back to February

Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:14 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 07:14 PM #23 of 42
Zelda TP is a GameCube game that was finished two years ago and only exists on Wii for marketing reasons.

My top 3 are 1) Super Monkey Ball 2) Red Steel 3) Rayman

Super Mario Galaxy will be the best but it's too far away so i'm not as excited about it.

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:16 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 05:16 PM #24 of 42
Crackdown lol.

Next gen guys. can you believe we're almost there?

Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2006, 07:23 AM #25 of 42
Originally Posted by RABicle
What qualifies as next gen then? Better graphics?
Not being a port of a game from a 5 year old console would be a good start. I don't see how Twilight Princess on the Wii is a next gen game anymore than King Kong on the Xbox 360 was.

Originally Posted by RABicle
Next gen guys. can you believe we're almost there?
Huh?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Top 3 Upcoming Next Gen Games