Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Manga] Yotsuba is invincible. "WAKAPPA!"

Skaijo
But that's my kickass opinon.

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:51 PM #1 of 386
Originally Posted by eriol33
Hahaha, this thread is really informative =).
It's one of the few English sources for Yotsubato information. I made an account just to express my appreciation for this thread. Yotsuba warms my heart like no other story told.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:03 AM #2 of 386
What a shame, I just made a yotsuba episode animation entirely in flash but I don't have enough posts to show it here. Shame shame...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:33 AM #3 of 386
Originally Posted by Qwarky
You can PM me the link if you wish and I can paste it here for everyone else.
I won't be lazy. I'll just post in other threads for a bit until I meet the requirement.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:48 AM #4 of 386
We can always remove the url later and have you repost it if you so wish. I can host it for you if it's not uploaded anywhere.

*currently adding profile info... >_<

I can see your a really nice person. <3

The animation in question is more of just a one page spoof of the manga and certainly not demanding of special treatment. If I only need to post what I'm assuming to be 10 times in order to showcase a link here in this thread, I can gladly wait.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 02:32 PM #5 of 386
What a sweet chapter. It's kinda sad how Fuuka tends to be on the brunt side of the humor, but the Yotsuba/Fuuka chapters are my fav combination all the same.

I was speaking idiomatically.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 06:20 PM #6 of 386
We'll I decieded I'm a bigger fan of all things Yotsuba than all things forum posting. I still can't post my Yots&! animation in a post, but I left a link in my sig.

It's a stupid thing my friend and I made on labor day.

Don't hate me. :P

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 06:44 PM #7 of 386
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Hahaha that was awesome! ='D

Gonna host it for you if that isn't a problem. =)
That's sweet. The people in this forum are way too friendly, I swear.

How ya doing, buddy?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:11 PM #8 of 386
I thought the starfish .swf was pretty damn funny. It's certainly passable on Newgrounds, you should try to submit it there. I'd bump up the frame rate a bit, but you're a solid animator in my book.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:52 AM #9 of 386
Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga
Thanks Qwarky and everyone else for this.
I have to say, the forces that guide this forum truely do have excellent tastes in manga and anime. I just followed a link to all that is Haibane Renmei about a week ago and haven't looked back since!

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:20 AM #10 of 386
I'm reading over Azuma's diary entry as of the 17th of this month and it sounds like he's pretty confident that Yotsuba will be an anime in the future. There working on new music too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:17 AM #11 of 386
Originally Posted by coeccias
Any day that I stumble across a new Yotsubato chapter on #lurk is a good day. Chapter 40 really shows Azuma's ability as an artist. I was impressed by the visuals. Combine that with the awesome humor and you have a great chapter.

Much love for the upload, coeccias. I can't wait to read it tonight!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 06:42 AM #12 of 386
The ending killed me in laughs...

Spoiler:
It's nice to see that Yotsuba gets punished when she takes her privilages too far. I hated the lack of punishment in so many other kids books. Anyone remember Madeline--the girl who could turn France upside down and still be the number one-love child of her adoptive family? Or what about Curious George--the destructive monkey that can do no wrong? It makes me happy to see Yotsuba get reprimanded, such actions even strengthen the bond between she and her father.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:07 AM #13 of 386
Oye... *suffering from Yotsubato withdrawl...

It must be a long chapter Azuma's working on. Manga of that quality really does take such a long time to make.

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 05:35 PM #14 of 386
Originally Posted by elle rita
Okay, so there's a raw of 41 out, but I'm still doing the pants dance in anticipation of a scanlation...
Hopefully the scanlation will come out within a week. There's not so much of a fandom for Yotsubato yet, which is a shame.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:56 PM #15 of 386
The English translation of Ch. 41 is now up at 4chan.biz.
http://4chan.biz/eng/Yotsubato_41.html

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Skaijo

*just finished!

What a sweet chapter. I got my fill for the month. Really great work with the detail as usual.

How ya doing, buddy?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING

Last edited by Skaijo; Oct 25, 2006 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:16 AM #16 of 386
I know the translators will hate me for bringing this up, but I think they got Yotsuba's last line wrong. The phrase felt to me like it should have been more along the lines of "You're too gracious!" or "Bless you!"

"Okay" in huge bolded text may not have been the best choice (unless if she actually said it in English). I also didn't like the "where's my sweater" comment or some other between the panels. That was just distracting.

That aside, it was a wonderful chapter.

How ya doing, buddy?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:24 PM #17 of 386
Originally Posted by Skaijo
I'm reading over Azuma's diary entry as of the 17th of this month and it sounds like he's pretty confident that Yotsuba will be an anime in the future. There working on new music too.
^(Who called that first?) >:3

That's great news! I figure the best possible fact is that this means Yotsuba will experience two more seasons. Just typing that out puts a smile on my face.

How ya doing, buddy?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:07 PM #18 of 386
Actually, what I'd love is for it to go into next fall where she starts school for the first time.
Now there's an idea. Do they have preschool or kindergarden programs in Japan?

How ya doing, buddy?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 05:44 PM #19 of 386
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
Of course they do. Japanese are strangedifferent, but not that different. =\
Never seen the helmets, but I'm glad I learned something new today.

How ya doing, buddy?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 07:46 AM #20 of 386
Azuma just updated his blog with a link to the new Yotsuba&! calendar at Amazon. About the only things I can make out of his post are the release dates for the new album and Vol. 6.

(I keep hoping one day I'll surf over there to find the announcement that "We are finally making Yotsuba&! into an anime series!" Which when run through an online translator, will come out as "The certain thing is horse chestnut upcoming we produce." Hooray for Babelfish, your Portal to the Land of Wind and Ghosts.)
Here it is the place, renewal is stagnant. Well it is usual thing, but. After the summer, there being preparation in various ways, all the way it is full with work. From now on extending through the winter, it meaning that the side comes out, we ask may.

*nod nod

Truer words have never been spoken.

(Or should I say, "Speaking no I bowl of soup rub from true?")

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:34 PM #21 of 386
I was just listening to this yesterday.

Especially Spring Cleaning on New Year's Eve is wonderful. It's an interesting contrast to say the least, that Winter General covers the whole winter as opposed to one single day. It's probably not as immediately catchy as the first album, but there's already a number of pieces that have grown on me.

Most of all, I can't wait for the manga to get to winter. Should be wonderful times.
I really loved it myself. I tended to appreciate the peices that had a larger set of instruments playing at once, but otherwise it was really nice. It certainly had some cherishable moments and I'll be keeping those songs on my computer for years to come.

I can't wait to get back home and give it another lesson--I'll be even happier once I have the manga to accompany it!

Spoiler:

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING

Last edited by Skaijo; Dec 5, 2006 at 06:51 PM.
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 02:30 PM #22 of 386
So someone help me out here. Is there some sort of one-sided romantic affiar going on in Fuuka's mind? I only mention this with the support from Fuuka's admittance on liking Mr. Kowai in Try! Try! Try! I doubt Azuma will develop it any futrther as anything out of Yotsuba's sights isn't really focused on anyway--but I am noticing a trend.

Most amazing jew boots

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:19 AM #23 of 386
Hmm... yeah, seems that way to me, though try try try isn't exactly what i would consider canon. Heck, its arguable if try try try's Fuuka is the same person. (different personality, obvious style difference, etc.) Not to mention the fact that they don't even have the same name... though 風夏 and 風香 do sound the same (blame me knowing that on wikipedias entry).

As for a one-sided romantic affair i've seen crushes that make much less since, at least its not Yanda... heh.
Hm-hm, indeed! I bow down to you, sir. Excellent points. Maybe I should just point out a reference to the first couple of chapters in Yotsubato! especially when Fuuka was trapped in the Kowai's bathroom door (I hope that's not a spoiler). Her expression and outbursts when confronted by Asagi seemed as if, in her mind, her actions implied something risque.

Iuno--Fuuka is just an oddball, in my mind. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

FELIPE NO

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 02:31 PM #24 of 386
Dunno if you missed it or what, but we pretty much had this same discussion with Dee a few posts up if you'd like our views on it.
Wow--I'm so totally post-psychic.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING
Skaijo

Member 9397

Level 5.90

Jul 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 09:12 AM #25 of 386
Wow! Earlier than usual, or maybe it's just me. Thanks for the heads up!

METAL GEAR YOTSUBA
NOW PLAYING

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Manga] Yotsuba is invincible. "WAKAPPA!"