Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 04:12 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 06:12 PM #126 of 1626
Originally Posted by evergreen
I purchased Oblivion after realizing just how nonlinear it was and seeing no other games out that were vaguely interesting. I got it for the 360.
That game is the fuckin' DEVIL!!!!!

I rented it before buying it and ended up playing 30-35 hours in 5 days! That's way too much!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 08:39 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 06:39 PM #127 of 1626
Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist
That game is the fuckin' DEVIL!!!!!

I rented it before buying it and ended up playing 30-35 hours in 5 days! That's way too much!
I guess I can ration the gameplay over... two years?

Most amazing jew boots
ladybuff
Wark!

Member 986

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 01:16 AM #128 of 1626
Yesterday I was surprised when my dad phoned me while he was out at a flea market in the city. He asked if I wanted him to look for anything, so I asked him to look for Fatal Frame, which has been elluding me for about a couple months now. I have not been able to find a copy in any game/rental stores in the area. I was quite surprised when he found a used copy for $10 in mint condition.

Of course I had to press my luck and see if anyone had Haunting Ground. No luck there. I'll find a copy someday, or i'll break down and use Ebay.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 2 (working on the secret ending), Clock Tower 3
Total games completed this year: 10
< - I just like this cow, so here it is.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 04:03 AM #129 of 1626
Originally Posted by ladybuff
Of course I had to press my luck and see if anyone had Haunting Ground. No luck there. I'll find a copy someday, or i'll break down and use Ebay.
I can't play that freaking game! It makes me think of Clock Tower, I get scared easily in those 'Cat and Mouse' games.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 01:40 PM #130 of 1626
I've spent way, way more on games than I should in the last two weeks. Though I hadn't bought any for almost a year until I got Fatal Frame 1 and 2 at Christmas, and I've barely spent any money in the last few months because of school, so that's about the only way I can justify it. I've just been running into so many used games that I want/have been meaning to play for ages.

A few weeks ago I picked up Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Devil May Cry, both for about $10 each. Earlier the week I found used copies of DDR Max 2, Shin Megumi Tensei: Nocturne, and Katamari Damashii, so I snapped them all up. Then yesterday I found a used copy of Disgaea, a game I've been looking for for two years. I need to hurry up and finish Chain of Memories so I can actually start playing them.

All good finds, but it means I'm going to have to wait a few more months before I get Kingdom Hearts 2 or Oblivion. I was going to get one of them new to treat myself for finishing university, but now I have a whole pile of used games in their place. Just as well, I guess. Hell if I'm paying $60+ for something I'll be able to get used for $30 if I wait.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 12:23 PM #131 of 1626
I purchased several games just recently, after discovering a store downtown that was selling games for cheap. It's very rare that I see stores selling games for less than 10 dollars, so I took the opportunity to snag as much as I could over the course of a few days. I got Nox, Civilization III and Wheel of Fortune for $4.99 each, and Deus Ex 2 for $9.99. I haven't played Deus Ex 2 yet, but Civ III is currently sucking up all of free time.

I can't get anymore games for the time being. I'm saving up money for something cool.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Freelance; May 21, 2006 at 12:30 PM.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 05:55 PM #132 of 1626
Just got Silent Hill 4: The Room for the Xbox.
The scares are serious bussiness! Gameplay is kinda meh, though.
Meh, i said!

I wonder what Konami could do for this series with next gen power.
Silent Hill 5 is gonna be incredible.

How ya doing, buddy?
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6984

Level 2.86

May 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 07:00 PM #133 of 1626
On sunday I bought:

Dragon Quest VII
I haven't played it yet so I can't say much.

Burnout III
Awsome game with awsome multiplayer. Favorite racing game so far and the graphics aren't half bad either.

Ace Combat 5
I haven't really played this one either, but I've heard it's really good.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Atomic Duck
Bunny Eat World!

Member 1407

Level 8.46

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 06:21 PM #134 of 1626
A few weeks ago I got Kingdom Hearts 2, now I'm at the final boss, and it has been one hell of a game. Well worth the hype, especially when it forgets the Disney and FF stuff and goes on story paths of it's own.

DjMeas
~VGM Composer~

Member 2154

Level 15.68

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:06 PM #135 of 1626
Just bought Monster Hunter Freedom for the PSP!!!...

It's giving me a headahce, i keep on dying >,<'''
Maybe i should play the tutorial mode first...

haha

FELIPE NO
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:15 AM #136 of 1626
As it turns out, I got a hold of some new games today. They were given to me by someone who shall not be named, which includes Rampage: Total Destruction and Paper Mario 2. The person also loaned me Star Fox Assault. Rampage is fun, but Assault is crap. It really is as bad as people say it is. I haven't playd Paper Mario 2 yet.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:05 PM #137 of 1626
Guess I'll post here for the games I got.

I got New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS [Lite!], and it is easily the best game this year.

I also got Mario Party 7 as a fun game to play as there's about 20 people living in my house right now. Fam jam fun.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 04:07 PM #138 of 1626
I've been taking advantage of the massive Kmart sale while it's drunk. It started last week, has another two weeks to go, but the shelves are pretty much cleaned out already. Australia will probably never see a sale quite like this again.

This isn't the no charm American version that was developed by Majesco, this is the Japanese Taito one. I do hope Majesco release their version here though, so there will be two Bust a Move DS' in stores and consumers will get brain damage. The touch screen slingshot control method is TERRIBLE and will give you death. Death for all! Good thing the dpad does the job. Fantastic music! The manual is also quite possibly the most complex thing I've ever seen for such a game.

MR. DRILLER DRILLS FOR FREEDOM. I haven't even touched the DrillStone mode, which apparently got cut out of the American release for some stupid reason. It involves buying stuff from a shop and then.. dancing. Probably. Very fun game in short bursts.

This is actually a hell of a lot better than I was expecting, and I was expecting something between average and good! It'll probably be the death of my touch screen as I violently shove Pac-Man down into the depths of Hell to get a power pellet. It's a bit like Marble Madness but without the unfair vaccuum cleaners and ANGER.

Purchased only because of the insane mark down. I think. It's confusing. A bit like Sonic Riders except Kirby doesn't have to grind rails and punch cars. Oh wait he does grind rails. I don't think there's any car punching though. I'm SHRUGGING MY SHOULDERS.

Probably the best graphics I've seen pumping out of the PS2. Gigantic levels, virtually no slow down at all, no fog, bloom lighting that doesn't blind everyone at fifty feet for once, even the GRASS moves. THE GRASS! Combat is great, because you can just transform into a truck and run everyone down if you want. In fact it's just fun to fart around doing whatever, like gliding into mountains and watching the awkward rag doll physics (ON A ROBOT) do their thing. Like this!

THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT AND MADE OF NAZI. Sending two other hopeless goons in to go all out for me is pretty cool, because they'll start chucking grenades everywhere and when I show up I usually find them dead on the ground, missing their legs and stuff. Good job men!

It's like Metal Slug mixed with Wild 9 and internet. Also very difficult (but not made of Nazi), and awesome! Except for the space ship level, that has no place, get out of my office!

To demonstrate the extreme power of this sale, Brothers in Arms was $10. It's $100 at EB.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; May 25, 2006 at 01:13 AM.
Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 03:20 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 12:20 PM #139 of 1626
I finally bought Oblivion for the 360. I would've bought it sooner, but I had a faulty 360, and I had to wait for the new console to arrive.
It's magnificent game, if you have 360 or good enough PC, you've gotta buy this game, it's awesome.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 07:29 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 10:59 PM #140 of 1626
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
The person also loaned me Star Fox Assault. Rampage is fun, but Assault is crap. It really is as bad as people say it is. I haven't playd Paper Mario 2 yet.
Funny I recently bought Star Fox Assault and think it is nowhere near as bad as people have said, I really enjoy it. The only thing I found wrog with it was it was too short. It's not in the league of Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) though, but I think it's better than the original, for some reason I really hated it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:52 AM #141 of 1626

I know it's a few years old, but it was cheap, and i've been meaning to buy this for a while now.
I'm really enjoying blasting other ships into tiny pieces. Holding up pretty well for a 3 year old game.

I also picked up

Not played it yet though, been enjoying Freelancer.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 07:22 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 05:22 PM #142 of 1626
Just yesterday I picked up Max Payne 2 for PS2 for $9.95, like aint no thang. Also Mercenaries for $35, it's a bit pricey given it's been out since like February 2005 or something like that, but a helluva fun game.

- What we all do best -
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:57 AM #143 of 1626
Wow... more Mario games for me.

I purchased Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for the Nintendo DS. Instantly realizing I've been grabbing way too many Nintendo games in the past months (excluding Kingdom Hearts II, that's 6 in a row), I went ahead and got Ultimate Spider-Man for the Gamecube. $20 of fun.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 04:51 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:51 PM #144 of 1626
Originally Posted by Spatula
Just yesterday I picked up Max Payne 2 for PS2 for $9.95
Why the HELL would you do that? You have a PC, why not just play it on a PC like it's meant to be played? =/

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 04:55 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 07:55 PM #145 of 1626
Haha, the PS2 version is barely even playable. It emulates Perfect Dark's multiplayer frame rate. ;__;

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:14 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 11:14 PM #146 of 1626

(from left to right)

Rez is legendary. I can't wait to hook up my bigger speakers to my tv and play through this once again, hopefully gaining over 98% hit ratio to get the true ending. Then there's the secret modes and stuff, but being a small game and all I don't want to rush things. The second level boss and the majority of the last level are the most captivating aspects I found in Rez.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 is pretty neat. This was a steal at $10 used, I don't care if it has scratches. The Dreamcast version is better, but I still couldn't pass up the opportunity. Some of the character sprites are outdated for 2001 (WILL THEY CHANGE MORRIGAN'S FUCKING BODY PLEASE) but it isn't bad. I wish Haohmaru had more moves though.

Mushihimesama is terrible. I only really bought it because someone in my area had a sealed copy with the OST for mega cheap. If it weren't for the scanlines, music resetting when you pause, the level 5 boss appearing during level 5 training, and the inability to use "restart", I might actually play it more. After playing a few other shooting titles recently I find Mushi's bullets too fast for my liking, but despite that, I'd probably enjoy this game if it had the level of quality seen in the Arika CAVE ports. CAVE need to drop Taito entirely and just take things up with Arika permanently. kthxbye~

Pochinya is a fun little puzzle game. It's basically a puyo clone with these malformed bricks, which you can endlessly pile on and blow out at will. You can change your current falling blocks into "spike" blocks at the press of the button so this game has combos and stuff. I like combos.

Most amazing jew boots
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:53 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 01:53 PM #147 of 1626
Originally Posted by Elixir
Rez is legendary. I can't wait to hook up my bigger speakers to my tv and play through this once again, hopefully gaining over 98% hit ratio to get the true ending. Then there's the secret modes and stuff, but being a small game and all I don't want to rush things. The second level boss and the majority of the last level are the most captivating aspects I found in Rez.
Hit ratio has nothing to do with the endings.
You get the different endings based on your performance in the last boss battle. You get the worst ending ("She still lies trapped within the system") if you defeat the boss having gotten hit. You get the second ending ("She is freed, but you still don't know the whole truth") if you get hit during the boss fight, but manage to recover back to the final form. You get the best ending by defeating the boss and not getting hit once.

Trust me, hit ratio has nothing to do with it, no matter what you read on message boards. I've gotten the best ending plenty of times and I don't have a 98% hit ratio for Area 5.

Also Area 4 boss is superior.

How ya doing, buddy?

Contracts
Chocobo

Member 1639

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 09:08 PM #148 of 1626
I recently purchased Resident Evil 4 brand new for 30 Dollars Canadian on the Nintendo Gamecube. It's an amazing game, I had already gotten to the second disk in that game from rentals I just finally got the chance to pick it up about a year after it's release. It's an amazing game, i'm on my third time through now.

Mercanaries = Ownage

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 10:36 PM #149 of 1626
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Why the HELL would you do that? You have a PC, why not just play it on a PC like it's meant to be played? =/
Because I'm very stupid and didn't check the reviews. =/

LOL EB games, I hear you like to "trade and save", all for like $3 credit. :doh:

- What we all do best -
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 11:17 AM #150 of 1626
Actually I ran over to wal mart today to grab a copy of WWE day of reckoning 2 for the gamecube......I can't actually play it though because I don't have a cube, waiting to play it on the Wii, pretty sad eh?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend