Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 05:54 PM #351 of 1626
Wo0t. Good games run today!

After being disappointed yesterday, my Gamestop finally had their Children of Mana in stock. Picked that up along with Final Fantasy XII: Collecter's Edition. I played CoM already and i'm liking what I see. I still have yet to try Final Fantasy. I'm probably gonna play that tonight.

FELIPE NO
Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:40 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 06:40 PM #352 of 1626
I recently picked up a Silver Slim PS2 with Okami and Shadow of the Colossus. My brother took my ps2 with him to college so I got a new one.

I also bought Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door about 2 weeks ago as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 01:31 PM #353 of 1626
In the past week I got a few PS2 games. Phantasy Star Universe, Katamari Damacy and the collectors edition of FFXII/w LE guide which was naturally the best purchase I made all month.

I also snagged another Beatmania controller while waiting to pick up my FFXII copy, damn me and my impulsive buying:doh: .

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shoops
Syklis Green

Member 283

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 08:51 PM #354 of 1626
5 days ago I bought Dragon ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, good game, it's a shame the music of the japanese version aren't in, the cutscene are cheap.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 02:50 PM #355 of 1626
Originally Posted by Alai
I recently picked up a Silver Slim PS2
How is the finish on this? I've yet to see one in person and it certainly looks nice from the pics, but not a lot of people are talking about it. (Understandable, all things considered).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 04:20 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 03:20 PM #356 of 1626

Owned. So owned.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 04:28 PM #357 of 1626
I didn't buy anything, but I got Baten Kaitos Origins as a late birthday present. Now I just have to go and finish the last bit of Baten Kaitos...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 04:28 PM #358 of 1626
Originally Posted by DELTASABER
How is the finish on this? I've yet to see one in person and it certainly looks nice from the pics, but not a lot of people are talking about it. (Understandable, all things considered).
It's quite nice. It's very attractive and goes nice with the Platinum Gamecube. It is slightly shinier than the Platinum Gamecube, though. The controller is silver as well. I knew I was going to get a new PS2 and I saw that the Silver Edition was going to be sold. I had to wait about 3 days for it to be in stock at any of the local EB's or Gamestop's. There are around 12 of them here and they were all sold out.

One thing that surprised my, and I am sure anyone with a Slim PS2 knows, it is VERY small. It's barely larget than a DVD case.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 05:34 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 04:34 PM #359 of 1626
Originally Posted by Alai
It's quite nice. It's very attractive and goes nice with the Platinum Gamecube. It is slightly shinier than the Platinum Gamecube, though. The controller is silver as well. I knew I was going to get a new PS2 and I saw that the Silver Edition was going to be sold. I had to wait about 3 days for it to be in stock at any of the local EB's or Gamestop's. There are around 12 of them here and they were all sold out.

One thing that surprised my, and I am sure anyone with a Slim PS2 knows, it is VERY small. It's barely larget than a DVD case.
Do they have the same programming as the old fat PS2's? I.E. will my gameshark that alters PSX games played on my PS2 still work on it?

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 05:46 PM #360 of 1626
So yeah, I bought FFXII like everyone else. I bought mine from Circuit City, 'cause I didn't care to buy the CE and they had it for a great price. Looks good, haven't opened it yet.

This increases the RPG streak for my PS2 (Kingdom Hearts II, Radiata Stories, Suikoden Tactics, Suikoden V, and now Final Fantasy XII in a row).

Last edited by Ryuu; Nov 1, 2006 at 08:49 PM.
Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 06:00 PM #361 of 1626
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Do they have the same programming as the old fat PS2's? I.E. will my gameshark that alters PSX games played on my PS2 still work on it?
From what I understand, tt has the same architecture as the Fat PS2. I haven't looked into it much, mostly because I don't really care, but I believe the Slim PS2 has a processor that combines the abilities of the Emotion Engine CPU and the PS2 GPU into one processing unit. I believe this has changed the compatability of a couple of games. Your guess is as good as mine on whether your gameshark will work though. My guess is that it does, because it essentially alters a small amount of code, and this code is the same regardless of which version PS2 you have. They would be required to keep the standards essentially identical to make most games compatable.

Maybe a search will clear that up?

Here is a list of incompatable games:
http://www.us.playstation.com/News/C...les_75001.html

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 05:26 PM #362 of 1626
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue? FUCK.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:09 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 06:09 PM #363 of 1626
Originally Posted by Ryuu
This increases the Square Enix streak for my PS2 (Kingdom Hearts II, Radiata Stories, Suikoden Tactics, Suikoden V, and now Final Fantasy XII in a row).
Suikoden is Konami nerd.

Also I accidentally bought this FFXII junk, in hopes that it will be so bad that it will completely turn me away from video games for the rest of my life.

Double Post:
Ok it wasn't really an accident.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Last edited by russ; Nov 1, 2006 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 05:34 PM #364 of 1626
Yep, basically every RPG player and their dog got FFXII (talk about harsh generalizations here ), and I'm no exception. After waiting too damn long, I'm loving this game more than I really anticipated. Heh, somehow, I was actually bracing myself for some over hyped up thing, with my posts basically fueling the fire in the thread, and the game turning out to be a total dud, but so far I'm really liking it.

- What we all do best -
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 08:48 PM #365 of 1626
Originally Posted by russ
Suikoden is Konami nerd.

Also I accidentally bought this FFXII junk, in hopes that it will be so bad that it will completely turn me away from video games for the rest of my life.

Double Post:
Ok it wasn't really an accident.
I know, I wasn't thinking about it and I ended up just listing all the RPGs I've gotten recently.

How ya doing, buddy?
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 10:39 PM #366 of 1626
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue? FUCK.
If that's a list of games that don't work on the Slim PS2...for one it's hilarious that Jak X is on there, considering it was released in the same year, if I'm not mistaken. And two, that's bullshit about Lunar 2. I played it on my slim not long ago.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Nov 1, 2006, 09:40 PM #367 of 1626
Originally Posted by SouthJag
If that's a list of games that don't work on the Slim PS2...for one it's hilarious that Jak X is on there, considering it was released in the same year, if I'm not mistaken. And two, that's bullshit about Lunar 2. I played it on my slim not long ago.
Oh good, then I'm going to go buy a silver one.

FELIPE NO

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 12:38 AM #368 of 1626
As far as I know it's the same the other V15s. Model number SCPH-77001. I don't think there is a V16 yet.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 12:40 AM #369 of 1626
Originally Posted by DELTASABER
As far as I know it's the same the other V15s. Model number SCPH-77001. I don't think there is a V16 yet.
Thanks, e-buddy. I think I'll pick one up before christmas.

How ya doing, buddy?

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:41 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 03:41 PM #370 of 1626
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I'm surprised you're so clueless about products you yourself are selling at whatever store you work these days. There's multiple versions of the PS2 slim, the 75001 being one of the later ones. That's not a list of games that don't work on the slim PS2, it's a list of games that have compatibility issues with the model in general.

If you want hilarious, consider Jak X. Right after release, a bug was discovered in the game which prevented the auto-save feature from working while playing on the 75001 (worked fine on the older slim PS2s). You had to play without a memory card (cause there was no option to switch off autop-save) and when you wanted to save, you had to exit to the title screen and save manually. Now the hilarious part was that Jak X came bundled with the 75001.

So unless your PS2 slim is a 75001 (as opposed to something like 70001), then the part about Lunar 2 is not bullshit at all and you just talked out of your ass.

Deni, you might wanna try it out before purchase, but if the silver ones are 77001 then they might have fixed some of the issues.

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:45 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 10:15 AM #371 of 1626
just to give you all a heads up, there is one game I strongly suggest to avoid buying, because I never thought Rockstar could get this awful. I refer to the new PSP game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City stories.

I have played it for shy under 2 days, and rockstar has actually made a GTA mission that is impossible to finish due to poor steering and handling of a vehicle. one of the first mission in the game is where you race 3 trailer park dwellers on quads. while trying to manuever on one turn, I barely turned on an easy curve, and flipped off the quad, losing the race. another time, I tried to make a turn, it took 20 seconds for the quad to make a good left turn and I still lost.

I chastise rockstar fully for this and send a beware out to all PSP players for this

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:59 AM #372 of 1626
Just because you can't complete a mission doesn't mean the entire game sucks, dude.

I mean, some of the races you have to do in the original Vice City were pretty annoying. And I thought my copy of Vice City was glitched when I found 99/100 Hidden Packages. I proceeded to follow through again with a guide (and a new save) and found them all.

In short, who cares, just download a PSP save if it's bugging you that much.

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 08:45 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 11:15 AM #373 of 1626
Originally Posted by Elixir
Just because you can't complete a mission doesn't mean the entire game sucks, dude.

I mean, some of the races you have to do in the original Vice City were pretty annoying. And I thought my copy of Vice City was glitched when I found 99/100 Hidden Packages. I proceeded to follow through again with a guide (and a new save) and found them all.

In short, who cares, just download a PSP save if it's bugging you that much.

you are quite correct, and I fully agree with you, however, there is a difference in what I was saying because where I was discussing this mission due to poor steering. believe me, I've been playing GTA since it came out, and I can guarantee you that if you try to ride the quads in GTA: SA and this version, you'll definetly see the difference. in SA, the quads can turn on a hair pin, making manuverability perfectly normal, in this PSP version of VCS, it take about 5-10 seconds to make a decent turn due to a sticky manuverability, that's the difference I was referring to, as well, I got some of my friends to try the same race, they all agree with me about that sticky turning on the quad. trust me, I fully agree with your statement, but this sticky manuverability was a big error. I've played GTA enought o make a 180 degree spin into a parking spot that would require parallel parking in it

I was speaking idiomatically.

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 10:05 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 10:05 AM #374 of 1626
Originally Posted by Qwarky
So unless your PS2 slim is a 75001 (as opposed to something like 70001), then the part about Lunar 2 is not bullshit at all and you just talked out of your ass.

Deni, you might wanna try it out before purchase, but if the silver ones are 77001 then they might have fixed some of the issues.
I'll check when I get home at the model number. I wasn't really that concerned with the incompatability issues, but Lunar 2 is the game that stuck out to me on that list as well. I wanted to play it one of these days.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 07:17 PM #375 of 1626
October's been a month 'C' games.

I had gotten Cooking Mama, Clubhouse Games, and Contact. Now I add Children of Mana to that list. I love the series, but the only games I've played from it are Secret of Mana and Legend of Mana. I want to play Sword of Mana first before this (which I still need to buy), but I wanted to just have Children of Mana now so I don't struggle looking for it later. And why lie... it looks pretty on the shelf.

And of course, I got Final Fantasy XII (Collector's Edition of course) as well the LE guide because, well, :fanboy:. I've never gotten one of these guides for a game for, but it seems to be the general suggestion here. Plus there was only 1 left at the EB games I went to. I was destined for it, unlike Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, which always seems to escape my clutches. :/

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend