Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] GFF Anime Club

Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:08 AM #76 of 369
Well Acer you gotta remember you can't force people to watch stuff if they don't want to.
To clarify: I have the above propositions specifically because I don't want to force people to watch something they don't want to watch to which in the previous post I am asking if Tylor is something they are watching and/or want to watch. I run this show mostly for your entertainment and if you aren't being entertained by something in the show then I'm doing it wrong. That's why I'm making these posts. I want to know how I can make the show better.

If you're not sold on it by 13 I'll be incredibly sad. ;_;
This times a billion. Episode 13 is just incredible.

I guess we could do a poll Acer, give priority to your regular viewers in the voting, so no random asshole chooses a show but never shows up to watch it.
I could do a poll but I'd probably do it in a separate thread and link to it in here. Seems almost like a needless thread though as if I should make it in Testing since most of the discussion is going on in here which is really what matters because I'd like people to actually post their thoughts on the matter. That means more to me than tally marks on a board next to predetermined answers.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:37 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 09:37 AM #77 of 369
but fuck yes, I can handle that much ebichu.
^ This! Dechu~. <3

I like the current line-up as it is. I may not stay for Tylor because I just happen to need to do other stuff during the timeframe it's being aired, but that is NOT AT ALL related to the show's quality nor your taste for anime, Acer. I've been watching it on the archive, dechu.

Oh, and as a personal request, if you're running DBZ please only do so under these conditions:
1) Run DBZ Kai, not the original.
2) Avoid any dubbing other than the original Japanese voice acting.

#2 is a very personal request; my body just simply cannot handle Goku/Gohan/Goten's voice not being that of Masako Nozawa's, dechu.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:04 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 02:04 PM #78 of 369
I request if we watch DBZ it's whatever one isn't DBZ Kai, and you get English dubs in there.

Also, I'm watching Tylor on archive. So don't cut it outright.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Old Jul 23, 2010, 04:19 PM #79 of 369
For you two I'm gonna make a special hell filled with sounds of Dragon Ball GT running simultaneously in Japanese and English and if I can find it Spanish set to video of Dragon Ball inverted, upside-down, and any other number of terrible effects I can get ffdshow video decoder to pump out. For Garr, he will get 20 minutes of powering up episodes with baby laughter.

But for serious I just don't want to be watching shows by myself is all I guess and while I don't want to cut Tylor I'd rather bump it to Saturday and play more Tutu and Ebichu on Tuesday and Thursday if it means people will stick around longer. This is basically me assuming that folks are having trouble handling more than two series in one night and compromising by pushing the third series to Saturday. If people are mostly just watching Tylor using the archives then it's just as well to bump a week's worth to Saturday which people can catch if they want to or view in the archives. How would you guys like that? I mean I know you really dig Tutu and Ebichu so more the merrier, right?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 23, 2010 at 04:21 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 04:56 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 02:56 PM #80 of 369
For you two I'm gonna make a special hell filled with sounds of Dragon Ball GT running simultaneously in Japanese and English and if I can find it Spanish set to video of Dragon Ball inverted, upside-down, and any other number of terrible effects I can get ffdshow video decoder to pump out. For Garr, he will get 20 minutes of powering up episodes with baby laughter.
*Shorty's brain implodes sideways.*
That Spanish sub BETTER have a real good sexy voice for Piccolo. >=(

Honestly though, if it's for drink-on purposes where we're so plastered the content and the progression of the stories and the fights don't matter, then by all means, get the original series. I don't mind Bulma's panties and worthless running around side-stories.

DBZ-Kai: 26 episodes of what roughly took 156 episodes of the original DBZ TV show. I'm only slightly exaggerating.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:00 PM #81 of 369
Sorry that I've not been around the past few streaming sessions, but real life takes precedence of course. Gonna catch up through the archives this weekend.

I gotta be honest, I don't have much interest in watching Tylor. I can't quite figure out why that is though. I enjoyed it the first time I watched it. Might be the dubbing, might be the fact that I already saw it, or the graininess of the image, but whatever it is, I just don't feel too bothered if I miss it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:02 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2010, 12:02 AM 2 #82 of 369
Can we please watch Dragon Ball, like when Goku was a kid. That shit is much funnier then the whole fighting Z.

no homo
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:12 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 03:12 PM #83 of 369
Can we please watch Dragon Ball, like when Goku was a kid. That shit is much funnier then the whole fighting Z.
Hell Yes.

Originally Posted by Goku
Why don't you have those balls on your crotch like Grandpa's? They're really comfortable to rest my head and sleep on.
Originally Posted by Bulma
GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *kpow*

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:25 PM #84 of 369
I will Merlin that shit starting with the final episode of Dragon Ball GT and ending with the first episode of Dragon Ball.

But seriously guys, my proposed schedule ideas - how do you feel about them?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:56 AM Local time: Jul 23, 2010, 11:56 PM #85 of 369
I'm fine with it either staying the way it is or moving Tylor to Saturdays.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:34 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2010, 08:34 AM #86 of 369
I might hop in and force myself through Tutu in the archives, but outside of Ebichu-hour on Tues/Thurs, I can't really tie myself down for that long twice a week on this stuff

I can chop away 40-60 minutes for this stuff, though. Put it wherever and I'll swing by almost every time =o

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Last edited by Gechmir; Jul 24, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:59 PM #87 of 369
Bad news, everyone.
Ebichu is ending next week.

So yeah, any way I split it there are only 4 (or 8 considering they're 2 half episodes put together) episodes left. That means 2 episodes each on Tuesday and Thursday or if we go with the 3 episodes of 2 series a night thing I've been talking about then 3 on Tuesday and the final episode on Thursday which in that particular schedule leave a two episode gap. It's a shame it's such a short series but that's all there is available, period; just 24 short episodes, folks.

Decide how you wish to watch it but we have a gap to fill. I'd prefer to go with a light-hearted comedy or well anything comedy really. First shows that come to mind are Seto no Hanayome, Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu, and Azumanga Daioh. Any other suggestions?

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:02 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2010, 11:02 PM #88 of 369
I vote Azumanga, so I can actually see what all this fuss and leek spinning is about.

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2010, 02:26 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2010, 11:26 PM #89 of 369
But leekspin is from Bleach...

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:30 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2010, 11:30 AM #90 of 369
Indeed.

Azumanga Daioh is great enough on its own to merit a vote.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:00 PM #91 of 369
Alright, I've decided that I'm going to change how things are run. The broadcast will still be 8 PM EST Tuesday and Thursday for six episodes worth of time (so basically ending by 10:30 PM EST), but I'll be adding a third broadcast on the weekend. Tuesday and Thursday will have two shows three episodes each and the weekend broadcast will be six episodes of a third show not shown on Tuesday and Thursday. The weekend broadcast will preferably be on Saturday but if I'm busy that day then it will be done on Friday or Sunday.

I've decided to have Azumanga Daioh fill Ebichu's time-slot. Speaking of here's what to look forward to this week according to the new changes.

Tuesday (tonight)
Princess Tutu (9-11)
Oruchuban Ebichu (17-22)

Thursday
Princess Tutu (12-14)
Oruchuban Ebichu (23,24)
Azumanga Daioh (1,2)

Weekend (still deliberating which day)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (9-14)

As you can see, on Thursday we will be transitioning from Ebichu to Azumanga Daioh. This works well since Ebichu will only have one final episode and Azu will have two episodes following it. I hope you all stick around. Azumanga Daioh is a wonderful series that a few of you have not seen yet and I imagine for those of you that have it's been quite a while so it will probably seem fresh again.

Another thing to note: I will be turning the archive off during broadcast hours. I'm not yet sure if people accessing the archives during the broadcast last Thursday is to blame for the choppiness but just to make sure I'll be making the archive unavailable during the broadcast tonight. The archive will be turned on shorty after the broadcast is over.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2010, 05:47 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2010, 02:47 PM #92 of 369
Azumanga Daioh is worth watching multiple times.

Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:31 PM #93 of 369
Alright the fifth broadcast is available in the archives. I'm gonna have to redo this one because that weird video lagging slightly behind the audio was also in the recording. I'm not sure why that happened. At least it wasn't choppy. However the choppiness didn't carry over to the recording last week. Weird.

Oh but I think tonight's two series broadcast was a success. Eight people stayed to the very end. <3<3<3

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:42 PM #94 of 369
Alright tonight should be pretty awesome. We'll be moving towards the halfway point of Princess Tutu which should be epic as hell, then it's the final episode of Ebichu, and then we'll be starting up Azumanga Daioh.

I've actually have two version of Azumanga Daioh (three if you count the official dvds but those would be inconvenient to use) and I'm not quite sure which to use. I'm quite partial to the fansubs that came out years ago. The first 10 fansubs are redone DVD rips using subtitles from the collaboration of NLA, Ishin, & A-F which would then go on to form the fansub group known as Triad. After episode 10 the video quality lowers a bit but it's still NLA, Ishin, & A-F at the helm and I really enjoy their translation.

The other version is a dvd rip with subtitles by KAA. While appreciate the effort KAA puts forth I find their subtitles harder to read. Notably they use a lot of pink text and if you've ever watched Azu before you know that pink text on what is going to be mostly pink background (be it actual background or students wearing pink uniforms filling up most of the screen) isn't going to fair very well. The video quality is quite clearly better though but it's not like the fansubs are bad at all and more importantly the fansub subtitles are much easier to read.

Fansubs by NLA, Ishin, & A-F for Azu:
+ easier to read
+ biased: better writing style, word flow
+ translation notes intro - deni loves these
- slightly less quality video
- translation perhaps not quite as accurate
- possibly less accurate translation but I never had any serious qualms with it

DVD rip/resubtitle by KAA for Azu:
+ best video quality
+ possibly more accurate translation
+ translation notes a plenty during the show
- subtitles are harder to read
- biased: word flow and writing style seems to take a hit
- translation notes during the show are hard to read

So yeah, that said I'm leaning towards the original fansubs. I realize I'm biased so please let me know what you'd like.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:41 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2010, 04:41 PM #95 of 369
=( Sadly, I'll be catching up on the archives.

Acer: I've been watching the archives lately and it seems no matter what time or which archive stream I'm watching, the quality of the video's seem choppy.

I've reset my modem and did all I could to defrag/refresh both computers I have hooked up to the same modem and tested the archive stream. Both seem to have the same choppiness regardless of the status of the other computer being on or off.

I think it's just my ping/connection, but are there any other things I need to check on my end to determine the cause?

FELIPE NO
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:15 AM #96 of 369
Shorty, I'll have to be doing some experiments. I'm considering dropping livestream and switching to ustream. Suffice to say last night's broadcast recording is pretty much the worst one yet. I am not happy. I'll have the broadcast archive available eventually.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:30 PM #97 of 369
Broadcast 6 is in the archive now. Procaster now only supports h264 which is a bummer for me because however it saves it is really hard to edit with now. I'll be looking into that some more. In the meantime the broadcasts might have a little extra at the beginning and end showing my desktop.

But more importantly I will be starting the weekend broadcast in 30 minutes. Six episodes of Tylor. I'm not sure how many folks will show up but I'm watching Tylor either way.

Also I've updated the opening post accordingly.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:45 PM #98 of 369
Broadcast seven is available. Only Sim and Term showed up but that's understandable since it's the weekend and short notice and all. They stayed to the end which is wonderful. Anyway if you missed it you can catch up on Tylor all in one big ol' batch in the archive.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:51 PM 1 #99 of 369
Starting tonight's broadcast. Come on in. 3 episodes of Tutu, 3 episodes of Azu.

Additional Spam:
Well that was a disaster. Procaster went freaking psycho on me. Not sure where everyone was tonight. There were like four anonymous people in the stream and Tails and Radez for a little bit but that was it. I don't blame them though because the stream was pretty bad well actually after Radez came it was fine by then. I'm pretty confident that wowza media server has something to do with it. It's running on port 80 which procaster also uses. However I always stop the wowza service before starting procaster but I guess it's still using the same port for something in the background until it's completely shut down. I had no problems with the stream (besides h264 being ugly jpeg shit when there is too much movement on screen) once I turned wowza completely off.

So short story - no broadcast archive for tonight. If you missed it you can catch it tomorrow when I try again.

Additional Spam:
Thanks to lurker I've revamped my code a bit. Wowza and Procaster seem to be playing nice now that I've changed Wowza's port. Hopefully tomorrow night's attempt will prove this configuration a success. Again <3<3<3 lurker~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:51 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 08:51 AM #100 of 369
Sorry Acer. Long weekend stuff.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] GFF Anime Club