Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:55 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 06:55 AM #1 of 1376
Originally Posted by vemp
Can anyone recommend me bands that sound like Gamma Ray/Heavenly/Concerto Moon? I'm kinda of back to my heavy metal/power metal phase again. Right now I'm loving Sex Machineguns (Japanese heavy metal). Now if only I could find bands that sounds like them...
Power/heavy bands that i know of similar to Gamma Ray etc..

Helloween [Ky Hansen's Old band, btw]
Stratovarius
King Diamond
Dragonforce
Edguy
Thy Majestie

Symphony X (they'r progressive, but the vocal dsitrib. is close to Gammaray)

Nightwish, maybe? heheheh

Oh and if you just like power metal, this will surprise you but :
Children Of Bodom

Yep, they're not Death Metal, they're Power metal. Down to the complex drum-lines.

I'm surprised anyone can doubt COB, their leads alone can easily wipe out any competing band, in terms of musical melody, alone.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 03:28 AM #2 of 1376
I never listened to Dragonforce, Krelian, i just heard my friends talk abou them.

Quote:
Listen to Blind Guardian instead, they're fucking amazing.
I'm REALLY wondering how come i forgot to mention them, i fucking SECOND, THIRD and FOURTH that ! Blind Gaurdian ARE amazing.

They just don't strike me as similar to Gamma Ray at all.

Quote:
As for Bodom, yeah, power with growly vocals... I personally prefer Kalmah, but I guess CoB are alright.
Glad more people know about the CoB thing. I agree if you like CoB then Kalmah's work is more melodic, but hey if you go that way then listen to Eternal Tears of Sorrow, that's kokko's old band. IIRC.
Alexi Laiho's the best though, that i'm sure of.

Listen to Silent Night, Bodom Night (Wait till the chorus), Wrath Within (The solo), Black Widow and Red Light in My Eyes pt 2.

Quote:
On the subject of genre debates and all, what does everyone think of Orphaned Land? A friend sent me Mabool recently, and... I'm having a hard time deciding what to call it. Melodeath? Folk? Power/prog? Whatever it is, it's great.
In a word : AMAZING. The band is fucking awesome. I have their full discography and man do they rock. I actually just finished a cover for their song Ocean Land, fucking sweet solo, to say the least. They're Oriental Death/Folk Metal, so yeah.

If you want my opinion, loose the genre classification, it's only a limitation. Most bands never really fit into their allotted (huh?) genres.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by CryHavoc; Jun 22, 2006 at 07:31 PM.
CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 04:12 AM #3 of 1376
Hey everyone here can you post/pm me your MSN messenger handles? It would be awesome if we can chat, discussing music is best done in real time..
AIM handles also welcome..=D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)