Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:28 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 03:28 PM #1 of 1376
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Well I have their Rebirth and Hunters & Prey albums, its possible that those are a different sounds.
You should check out Holy Land. My favorite Angra album, there's some really heavy brazilian folk influence there.

Most amazing jew boots
my generation's lost its patience playing with the world within
accelerated saturation out of our minds on saccharin
Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old Jun 24, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2006, 08:43 PM #2 of 1376
Quote:
On the subject of genre debates and all, what does everyone think of Orphaned Land?
Why, I'm glad you asked. Personally, I think that I feature in this video as the dude shaking Yossi's hand. (i.e., they fucking rock.)

Quote:
A friend sent me Mabool recently, and... I'm having a hard time deciding what to call it. Melodeath? Folk? Power/prog? Whatever it is, it's great.
Folk-prog metal, with death influences. Or so says metal-archives.

Most amazing jew boots
Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 05:57 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 10:57 AM #3 of 1376
I'd like to mention that I'd recommend Firewind's Allegiance to anyone. And a hat. Even if you're a power metal hater, it's not nearly as cheesy as the genre standard and it has all the hallmarks of "power metal done right." If you're going to download a single track make it Deliverance, masterpiece.

I'm also greatly looking forwards to Falconer's new album. They've got the old vocalist back apparently, and I've heard a single track (because I'm a pirate like that, arrr) and they're definitely back on full form after the embarassments that were the last two albums.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Xanadu
Supermassive

Member 6969

Level 6.55

May 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:28 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 01:28 AM #4 of 1376
Bit of background info on Gothic Kaballah for anyone who's not heard the specifics...

There are going to be quite a few guest singers on it. First one is Mats Leven who was the more rocky singer on Lemuria and Sirius B. Second, they've got in Snowy Shaw, who's handling some death metal growls. Maybe some clean vox too, I dunno. And apparently they've also got two female guest vocalists. Snowy and Mats will be touring with the band, don't know about the girls.

http://www.matsleven.com/news.html <<< source.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)