Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:38 PM #1 of 1376
Hmm, I take it discussing Soilwork and their new album [which I should get, I forgot] is considered heresy among the metalhead purists here?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 08:13 PM #2 of 1376
You metalheads might say blasphemy, but whatever. Dir en grey's new album 'Uroboros' came out just today, and its by far their most metal album, in terms of a more western sound. It has progressive metal elements with an almost melodic metal touch. they're still hard to pin down on what genre they do, since they cross genre so much. However, this album is by far their most mature and experimental but also very kin to the metal you people I think would like.

I hope some of you will give it a chance, it's well worth it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 08:28 PM #3 of 1376
Yea but, this band is not...that anymore. They were the first two albums, but this band progresses and evolves each album. This album is their most mature and has nothing...japanese gimmicky about it, if that makes sense. I agree alot of jrock bands do that numetal thing, but this band is one that never does what everyone else does.

I dont see them anymore as a JAPANESE band, but rather just a band now. They have no costumes, no japanese flaunting shit...it's just them as a band now. I rather like that.

How ya doing, buddy?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 08:41 PM #4 of 1376
Well try out this song then. It's going to be a music video off of the new album they're promoting. It's progressive, hard, yet melodic as well.

Vinushka

02-Vinushka.mp3

They're not J-Pop dude, why dont you just listen and see for yourself.

How ya doing, buddy?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:16 AM #5 of 1376
Nah, they're just southern, bitter and intimidating.

Additional Spam:

Pretty sure listening to that dirge just caused my scrotum to leap up into my chest cavity.

Tell me. Are you a fan of HIM?

No I don't listen to HIM. And if I did, what does that mean? Are you trying to compare HIM to Dir en grey?

You know, I gotta be honest...you're coming off as a pretentious metalhead, who refuses to listen to anything not metal cuz its 'gay' to him.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Karasu; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:35 AM #6 of 1376
You got a point, touche. But I guess i'm just an idealist who believes there are some open-minded metalheads out there, and I was wanting to see if there were any.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 09:51 AM #7 of 1376
Quote:
Well, yeah, they seem to be targeting the same weepy-anime-fan-with-a-livejournal demographic.
Both bands attract fangirls which I despise, but that's not Dir en grey's goal. To attract anime fans, that just comes with the territory because we all know westerners just LOVE anything japanese. So I don't think that's any excuse to compare the two.

Quote:
I listen to plenty of extremely campy/effeminate/I-don't-know-what-the-fuck music.
Ok, so why are you being so difficult with this one band? The examples you've given so far as to why you dont like them are very outdated. If you say you're open-minded but you still don't like them in general without giving some insulting criticism to it, then ok...but you are doing that, and therefore coming off rather stubborn.

FELIPE NO
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:16 AM #8 of 1376
Ok, calm down.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)